Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-19-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
If the Mets were to go after a SP for next year, who would you want the most?

Dontrelle Willis
Carlos Zambrano
Chien-Ming Wang

I don't see any way the Yanks would let Wang go, but out of those 3 I think I would want him the most. He is only signed through this year right?

Also, I didn't get to see all of Maine's outing tonight or his previous one where he gave up the GS in the first. He has been in trouble lately early. What's your insight on this?
I don't even know why you have Wang on that list considering he's still cheap and signed for at least 2 or 3 more years. The game last night he should not have given up any runs in the 1st except Delgado and Green made terrible defensive plays but they were not considered errors thus they were earned runs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos Zambrano by far. He will be 27, with incredible stuff, and a career 3.35 ERA in a hitters ballpark. Nuff said.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't have Wang anyway. Although his lifetime 3.68 ERA, when adjusted for the leagues is probably about the same as Zambrano's. They are just different types of pitchers.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You can't have Wang anyway. Although his lifetime 3.68 ERA, when adjusted for the leagues is probably about the same as Zambrano's. They are just different types of pitchers.
At this point it is pretty much a toss up with Zambrano having a little more of a track record. Two totally different pitchers though as you said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-19-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Does baseballreferance have that? And if so, which one is it?
Old 07-19-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Does baseballreferance have that? And if so, which one is it?
I dunno. I'm just estimating. The difference between their ERAs is .33. That could easily be the difference between the AL and NL. It probably is even more.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I dunno. I'm just estimating. The difference between their ERAs is .33. That could easily be the difference between the AL and NL. It probably is even more.

Yeah, because that stat would be really helpful. Also one that factors in ballparks as well.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, because that stat would be really helpful. Also one that factors in ballparks as well.
Different ball park really wouldn't effect Wang that much as he doesn't let many leave the park anyway and is one of the lowest in the league in extra base hits.

Of course I said this he just gave up a double.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Different ball park really wouldn't effect Wang that much as he doesn't let many leave the park anyway and is one of the lowest in the league in extra base hits.

You're right on that, but it would affect Zambrano. Considering he gives up a solid number of HR's, I'm sure alot of those would just be flyouts to the deep left center of Yankee Stadium.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's good to see Marlon Anderson back with the Mets. I was pretty pissed we went to the Nats after the 05 season but I'm glad he's now back. Also, Gotay needs to keep playing untill his hot streak is over.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really like Marlon, but I guess he's better then Newhan.

I'd rather we call up Andy Tracy.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's good to see Marlon Anderson back with the Mets. I was pretty pissed we went to the Nats after the 05 season but I'm glad he's now back. Also, Gotay needs to keep playing untill his hot streak is over.

I agree. I've always liked Marlon.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I don't really like Marlon, but I guess he's better then Newhan.

I'd rather we call up Andy Tracy.
Marlon had a number of big hits for us in 2005 and played very well for a bench player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope yesterday was the start of a hot streak for our offense.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, I'm glad we took 3 out of 4 from the Dodgers, but how in the world did Nomah managed to hit 2 HRs against us?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Hopefully Reyes can bust out of his funk now.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Milledge has been hitting MUCH better lately. I hope that's the sign of things to come.

An ideal situation for us would be if both Milledge, Gotay and maybe Gomez would prove enough this year to warrant having them starting for us next season.

I do, however, expect for us to sign a solid veteran OF to, atleast, platoon with the young guys.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:13 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

should we be pursuing adam dunn?
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Milledge has been hitting MUCH better lately. I hope that's the sign of things to come.

An ideal situation for us would be if both Milledge, Gotay and maybe Gomez would prove enough this year to warrant having them starting for us next season.

I do, however, expect for us to sign a solid veteran OF to, atleast, platoon with the young guys.

I hope not. I would love to see these guys play out a full year.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
should we be pursuing adam dunn?
Nah, he's no better then Delgado right now.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I hope not. I would love to see these guys play out a full year.
I don't think that would be wise. This really became apparent when Alou became injured around the time of that horrible road trip. When guys like Green and Alou were hurt, the last 3/4 spots in our order were automatic outs.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I don't think that would be wise. This really became apparent when Alou became injured around the time of that horrible road trip. When guys like Green and Alou were hurt, the last 3/4 spots in our order were automatic outs.

I disagree, Gomez was starting to look better. I would love to see an opening day lineup of:

Reyes
Gotay
Beltran
Wright
Delgado
LoDuca
Milledge
Gomez

next year.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

i had more in mind something like...

reyes
chavez
beltran
wright
milledge
delgado
loduca
Old 07-25-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

LoDuca is a FA, and will probably not be resigned.

Also Milledge and Gomez are still a bit raw, so I think it would be wise to add a solid FA OF to platoon with them.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

i like lo duca. im going to be upset if we dont keep him.