Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-27-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
What do you guys think about Joe Smith being sent down?
I don't like it at all. I know he has struggled lately, but he's better then Adkins.

BTW, another prospect to watch in high-A is Sean Henry. He has played in the OF the entire season, but he acctually got playing time at 2b yesterday and was originally drafted as a middle infielder.

He's only about 5'-10" 165lbs, but he has above-average power and good speed.

Last edited by MaxV : 07-27-2007 at 10:46 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What do you guys think about Joe Smith being sent down?
I'm a huge Joe Smith fan but you could see something is obviously wrong. He is such a dead arm period right now he has no life or movement on his pitches. I didn't mind him being sent down untill he recovers his stuff again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm a huge Joe Smith fan but you could see something is obviously wrong. He is such a dead arm period right now he has no life or movement on his pitches. I didn't mind him being sent down untill he recovers his stuff again.
Cant say im a big fan of them doing this. I really wish they would show more confidence in him in this part of the season in the hopes that he would get back into a groove before the postseason. IMO they did this a little too soon, Willie has always been a guy that likes to show that he has confidence in you, and this doesnt seem like the right move to me at this point...

and as Max said i still think at this point he is a better option than Adkins

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

The best we can do is split with the Nationals?

Give me a break...
Old 07-28-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to get Jose hitting again.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any thoughts on what we should do as the trade deadline looms?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think a veteran pitcher for the back-end of the rotation might not be a bad bet. You never know how well Pedro is going to be coming back from his injury, so I think someone like Matt Morris might be a nice pick-up for you guys.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Doesn't appear that there is a ton on the market.

I hope Omar asks about Dotel. He'd be nice to add as a 7th inning guy.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Doesn't appear that there is a ton on the market.

I hope Omar asks about Dotel. He'd be nice to add as a 7th inning guy.
I agree I think Dotel is the one guy I would really like to join the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I agree I think Dotel is the one guy I would really like to join the team.

Yeah, I wouldn't give the Royals one of Milledge, FMart, Gomez, or Guerra. I would definately pull the trigger on a couple of lower level guys, or even someone like Mulvey or Parnell.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest with you guys, I'd rather for us to just stay put, unless Omar finds another low-cost reclamation project like Oliver Perez.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Your not going to find a better OF then Alou WHEN HEALTHY.

Your not going to find a better SP the Pedro WHEN HEALTHY.

What is the deal with Sanchez anyway???
Old 07-30-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

Don't expect him to be back this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Sanchez isn't coming back this year.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
To be honest with you guys, I'd rather for us to just stay put, unless Omar finds another low-cost reclamation project like Oliver Perez.
I'd be fine with that but I think we might be able to get a good deal somewhere. The bullpen worries me a little.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd be fine with that but I think we might be able to get a good deal somewhere. The bullpen worries me a little.
If Omar can get a good deal then I'm all for it, unfortunately this seems like seller's market.

Meaning that it'll be high price for average players.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
If Omar can get a good deal then I'm all for it, unfortunately this seems like seller's market.

Meaning that it'll be high price for average players.
Hopefully Omar has something up his sleeve. Maybe someone else can get in a taxi accident and we can steal someone again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against making a trade if an upgrade is available, I just don't want to get into those dreaded top prospect for 1-year rental deals.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against making a trade if an upgrade is available, I just don't want to get into those dreaded top prospect for 1-year rental deals.
Agreed, but on the other hand i think there is just too many holes on this team right now to be a world series team, and whats the deal with beltran? An abdominal tear can be kinda serious, and he could miss some significant time which we dont need right now. Any updates?

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

According to numerous reports, Mets are close to aquiring Luis Castillo. Several rumors suggest that Mulvey will be one of prospects involved.

I'm not crazy about this one, mainly because I like Gotay.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
According to numerous reports, Mets are close to aquiring Luis Castillo. Several rumors suggest that Mulvey will be one of prospects involved.

I'm not crazy about this one, mainly because I like Gotay.
I wouldn't be too crazy about that deal either even though the IF defense would be pretty great. It seems like Mulvey is a little too much to give up unless Omar has soured on him. I also like Gotay but for whatever reason they are not comfortable with him at 2B.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 07-30-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

More news coming out that the two prospects might be Drew Butera and Dustin Martin. If that's the case I like the deal a lot better than when Mulvey was involved. Martin has been hitting well but I'm not sure how much upside there is with him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
More news coming out that the two prospects might be Drew Butera and Dustin Martin. If that's the case I like the deal a lot better than when Mulvey was involved. Martin has been hitting well but I'm not sure how much upside there is with him.
Oh, I hope that's true.

Both of those guys are no better then C-level prospect.

Mulvey is a B-level.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Is there an official word on this deal?

I can't find any link so far.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I like Luis alot. If it where 2000. Seriously though, I do like Castillo, but I like Gotay more.