Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-30-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7074758

it says here the deal is done
Old 07-30-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, like I've said before we gave up almost nothing for him, and I'd rather have Castillo then Newhan, but he'll likely take playing time away from Gotay.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll just paste my post from the MLB Discussion Thread

I didn't like the Castillo deal for the Mets at first, because I want Gotay to play. Then I read we are giving up 2 C-level prospects for Castillo, who if we let him go at the end of the year, fetches us a 1st round compansation pick. Sweet.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please sweep the Brewers.. I will be ever so grateful

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'll just paste my post from the MLB Discussion Thread

I didn't like the Castillo deal for the Mets at first, because I want Gotay to play. Then I read we are giving up 2 C-level prospects for Castillo, who if we let him go at the end of the year, fetches us a 1st round compansation pick. Sweet.
Well I'd LOVE that. But in order to get that compensation, we would need to offer him qualifying contract offer.

We'll see.

I do like the fact that he hits VERY well with RISP and 2 outs. Something we haven't done well this year.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
please sweep the Brewers.. I will be ever so grateful

We'll do our best for you. :)
Old 07-31-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
We'll do our best for you. :)
I hope to go 4-2 against the Cubs and Brewers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Very nice start for Adam Bostick yesterday:

6 inn, 3 hits, 0 er, 1bb, 10Ks.

For those that may not know, we got Bostick and Jason "Mr. Gopherball" Vargas from the Marlins for Matt Lindstrom and Henry Owens.

Obviously, at this point Marlins got the better end of that deal, but if Bostick can turn into a pitcher he can be, it'll be a MUCH better trade.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omar's 3 deals he made in the offseason certainly didn't go our way as of now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Please say no to Cordero, Omar.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Thinking about that I wish we would bring up Humber and throw him in the bullpen. His fastball and devastating CB would be a nice look in the bullpen. Also, in New Orleans I believe Humber always does well in the beginning but tires out as the game goes on. I wonder if he would be able to come out of the bullpen back to back nights. I'd like to give it a try.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'd do it if we only had to give up Humber/C prospect or two.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Humber>>>>>Cordero

Chad is overrated.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So tonight I will be at the game, hopefully I'll see something good. I don't expect much of a show from the starting pitchers. Suppan is terrible, and Glavine is a left hander. He'll have a tough time getting his 300th tonight. The Brewers are beasts against LHP, Braun is hitting .500 avg|.560 OBP|10 HRs|23 RBI, Kevin Mench .325 avg|.350 OBP|(all of his)6 HRs|18 RBI, Corey Hart .318avg|.414 OBP|7 HR| 16 RBI. Plus we are finally back at home, where we are a thousand times better than on the road. I think that tips it to us, if it's in NY the Mets would take it.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Thank god this thing is over. I hope Humber-Cordero trade didn't go through.

I hate trading deadlines.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
So tonight I will be at the game, hopefully I'll see something good. I don't expect much of a show from the starting pitchers. Suppan is terrible, and Glavine is a left hander. He'll have a tough time getting his 300th tonight. The Brewers are beasts against LHP, Braun is hitting .500 avg|.560 OBP|10 HRs|23 RBI, Kevin Mench .325 avg|.350 OBP|(all of his)6 HRs|18 RBI, Corey Hart .318avg|.414 OBP|7 HR| 16 RBI. Plus we are finally back at home, where we are a thousand times better than on the road. I think that tips it to us, if it's in NY the Mets would take it.
Have fun tonight. It should be a good game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Thank god this thing is over. I hope Humber-Cordero trade didn't go through.

I hate trading deadlines.

Even though it didn't go through, I'm definately going to have to disagree with you. Humber is one year younger, and has a higher ERA in AAA than Cordero has in the Majors. (By almost 1.5)

K-Rod who many people consider to be the top closer now has a career ERA of 2.33, Codero's career ERA is 2.62. Cordero doesn't have great stuff, but he gets it done.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Have fun tonight. It should be a good game.
I did, and it was. Not the high scoring match that I predicted, but what a game. Well with Sosa and Bush pitching tonight that will change the matchups for the rest of the series.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:00 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Looks like the Mets have shifted Jorge Sosa to the bullpen. Not sure for how long.

I think the reasoning for that is we have more options for #5 starter then we do for a bullpen arm.

Brian Lawrence will pitch tonight, trying to win that spot.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Looks like the Mets have shifted Jorge Sosa to the bullpen. Not sure for how long.

I think the reasoning for that is we have more options for #5 starter then we do for a bullpen arm.

Brian Lawrence will pitch tonight, trying to win that spot.
I like Sosa's slider in the bullpen. He can get some nice outs with that pitch. I was hoping Humber would get the call but we'll see what Lawrence brings to the table.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Apparently Johan Santana and Jose Reyes are very good friends. I hope that counts for something if Santana leaves the Twins.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Apparently Johan Santana and Jose Reyes are very good friends. I hope that counts for something if Santana leaves the Twins.
Yeah, same here.

But it'll still take a HUGE deal to get him.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, same here.

But it'll still take a HUGE deal to get him.
Yes we def would be saying goodbye to most of our top guys if we did acquire him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-02-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I hope we are more active next off-season then what we were last year.

The good news is Shawn Green, Moises Alou, Tom Glavine and Paul Lo Duca are all FAs.

Losing them, in itself, is an upgrade.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Great news from St. Lucie today. Pedro threw 67 pitches and said he feels healthy so far. I can't wait to just get his swagger back into that clubhouse. Also, 1-5 of Martinez, Maine, Perez, Hernandez, Glavine is not a bad rotation at all.

sig by BoneKrusher