Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-02-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Pedro.

I hope he comes back strong. We don't need him to be the Pedro of old, just to be solid.

Off-course if he happens to return to his Cy-Young form, I won't complain.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets have signed their top pick from 2007 draft, Eddie Kunz.

They have now signed 29 of the their top 30 picks. With only 17th round pick HS RHP Brandon Efferson remaining unsigned.

Efferson and HS SS Nick Abshire are the only players left unsigned that I would like for us to sign.

Both are commited to the same college I believe too.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

D-Wright is 4-4 so far today, with a triple shy of a cycle.

8-3 good guys so far in the top 7.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Efferson and Abshire are slated to go to the same school.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Congrats Tommy!!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats Tom.. very well deserved.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

a good win and a good start by tom tonight. he has 2 personalities this year. sometimes he comes out and looks like a 300 game winner. sometimes he looks like he is making the first start of his career. i guess at this stage of his career there is just no room for error and if he isnt "on" he gets hit hard.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations to Tom!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Not what I wanted to see from the team tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-07-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Not what I wanted to see from the team tonight.

Yeah, Oliver definately didn't have his A stuff today
Old 08-07-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I forgot to mention this earlier but Fernando Martinez is out for the year. These nagging injuries he gets are holding him back a little. He'll still be only 19 at AA next year though which is incredibly young.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-08-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Former Mets pitcher Mike Bacsick was the pitcher that gave up Bonds HR and a Mets' fan caught it.

I was hoping we would have nothing to do with this tragic day in baseball history.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Can I open my eyes now????

Oh Thank goodness.

I knew the Braves would make it interesting, a bit too interesting.

We gotta win tommorow.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I tivoe'd the game because of work but holy crap. I don't even know how to process that 8th/9th inning. I'll take it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

By the way I love Lastings Milledge. He will be a star as I've been saying for a while now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
By the way I love Lastings Milledge. He will be a star as I've been saying for a while now.

I agree, I've never doubted the guy.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I know he is young, but he has got to stop swinging at that slider. I do like him more and more each time I see hm play lately though.

Hopefully Maine has his A game tonight and can rebound from his last start.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I was high on Lastings also.

You guys may have read in the "Official MLB Thread" that I argued with both bsaza and Jughead that Omar did the right thing of not trading Lastings last year and that he would raise his value.

His plate discipline still needs work, but he is a great fastball hitter and is pretty good at going to the opposite field.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

And the Mets still can't beat the braves. What are we like 1-4 against them this year?

We could have been easily swept.

Last edited by AlexDown : 08-09-2007 at 02:27 PM.
AlexDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Ouch, that was a rough loss.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
And the Mets still can't beat the braves. What are we like 1-4 against them this year?
4-8.

They took 2 of 3 in each of the 4 series that we have played against them.
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4-8.........

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

We could have been easily swept.
4-8. This game hurt me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well at least we're still in 1st and the Braves and Phillies will beact up on each other this weekend. It's going to be an exciting month and a half.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We've gotta get hot, and soon. Neither Philly nor Braves are going away.