Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 08-09-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I was talking about series wise. That still answers my question regardless. Still was a good game to watch.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
We've gotta get hot, and soon. Neither Philly nor Braves are going away.
You guys do have a pretty easy schedule up ahead, atleast for the next two weeks. It will take some luck for my team to gain a couple of games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You guys do have a pretty easy schedule up ahead, atleast for the next two weeks. It will take some luck for my team to gain a couple of games.
I hope we can hold on. You guys are looking pretty impressive.

BTW, I'm going to Saturday's game. I hope it doesn't rain.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think we'll be fine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm going to Braves/Phils Saturday...I think it's supposed to be nice out. I hope.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Not that we need anymore bad news but for Joe Smith's last outing...

1 IP 3H 1 BB 2 ER

Think we will see him again this year in the majors?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Not that we need anymore bad news but for Joe Smith's last outing...

1 IP 3H 1 BB 2 ER

Think we will see him again this year in the majors?
I think we will probably see him in September. They should just sit him down for 2 or 3 weeks and let his arm rest up a bit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-11-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to the game today.

I hope I see them finally win 1.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I think by now we can stop fooling ourselves to think that this team is anything more then mediocre. There has been many signs from the start of the year.

When we played above average teams, such as the road trip in June, we got killed. And now we can't beat teams like the Marlins and end up splitting with the Nationals.

I have to stop getting my hopes up.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I went to the game yesterday.

- David Wright is DA MAN.

- Lastings Milledge is really gaining confidence, still needs to learn plate discipline though.

- I lost my voice screaming "Mota Sucks".

- There was a Marlins fan in a suit and tie a couple of rows behind me that REALLY annoyed me. I also saw another guy wearing a Marlins jersey later. What are the chances of seeing 2 Marlins' fans in one stadium?

- Heilman has been very average this season.

- This game resembled Dow Jones stock, the highs and lows with every half-inning. Unfortunately, more lows then highs.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm gone for 4 days and no posts. Come on guys we're in a pennant race.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm gone for 4 days and no posts. Come on guys we're in a pennant race.
This team really hasn't give us anything worth talking about. They are in trouble.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Looks like the offense is coming together. Pedro will be back soon. Maine might be starting to turn the corner after his dead arm period. We didn't sign Brandon Efferson because we went cheap. There is plenty to talk about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I'm sorry I have to be such a "Debby Downer" but this team is not looking like a post season team.

The starting pitching has been shakey. Maine has slowed down, probably due to it being his first full season. You still never know what your going to get with Perez. Glavine / Hernandez have been pitching decently however.

Personally I feel that anything we get from Pedro this year is a bonus. A lot of Met fans are really starting to rely on his return but I am not expecting anything from him this year. I don't want him back if hes not 110%. Worst thing you can do is rush him but at least his outings have been progressive. Still another 4/5 starts away but a lot can happen.

I turned off the game after the first yesterday. I haven't looked at the highlights or box score but I'm guessing our bullpen had some trouble late in the game. Heiman has been very incosistant this year. Mota is not good at all. Pedro Feliciano is the only guy I pretty much feel good about, however Sosa has been pretty good lately. Wagner, having a great year, and did not see yesterday's game, but last couple save opportunites he has been having some trouble. I'm not to worried about him though.

Again, while the Pirates series seems to be going our way, lately we have not been able to beat "teams we should be beating", like the Marlins and Nationals. On top of that, we can't win a series against the Braves either.

When you look at Mets playing some good AL teams, like their road trip in June, they got absolutely killed. They haven't, at least to me, given me a reason to feel confident about beating good ball clubs and frankley, I didn't feel confidernt when we were playing the Marlins this past series and even this series.

Your right about the offense is starting to come together, but it is against the Pirates. I'm interested to see how long that lasts. I'm guessing that Green and Milledge will be splitting time at right feild which I am fine with.

It's to bad Beltran has been hurt and Delgado has been having a down year, if you want to call it out. It would have been nice to see Wright hit 25 HRs while Degado and Beltran hit 30.

There is still a lot of baseball to be played. This team has the talent to bring them far in the NL playoffs if they can make it. They have to start playing in the mindset that they have to fight for a playoff spot because it looks like many of them feel that they are a shoe in, when that coulden't be farther from the truth.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Alex, YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That was a dissapointing loss.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-16-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Mota and Heilman are about as useful as t*ts on a bull.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's up with Feliciano? He used to be automatic.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
What's up with Feliciano? He used to be automatic.
Our bullpen isn't as good so we have to use him more.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-17-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I think we need to bring back Joe Smith. Even with a tired arm, he's better then Mota.

Also, Ambi Burgos is almost finished with his rehab, and could help us.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I think we need to bring back Joe Smith. Even with a tired arm, he's better then Mota.

Also, Ambi Burgos is almost finished with his rehab, and could help us.
I think Smith pitched pretty well his last 2 times out. Maybe his dead arm period is over.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-19-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Just like that we are 5 games up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-19-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Anyone noticed the resurgence of the bats since Delgado has been out?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Anyone noticed the resurgence of the bats since Delgado has been out?
Acctually, we got hot with the bats while 'Gado was still in the lineup.

I think it has a lot to do with the return of Alou.

Bulpen is still worries me, but the good news is that it looks like Jorge Sosa has made a good transition to his new role.

I hope Joe Smith gets back soon. If he can pitch the way he did earlier in the season, it'll be a big boost for us.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Alou has been the difference in my eyes. I remember telling you guys Sosa in the pen would be a great move and it's looking good so far.

sig by BoneKrusher