Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-09-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, we really need to give Pedro a call. I don't care that he was pitching against the Netherlands and looked good. He was locating all his breaking ball pitches and thats all that matters.

Everyone loves the guy in the club house, he helps our young pitchers, and he has a ton more upside than Livan Hernandez or Freddy Garcia as a fifth starter.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Ugh, we really need to give Pedro a call. I don't care that he was pitching against the Netherlands and looked good. He was locating all his breaking ball pitches and thats all that matters.

Everyone loves the guy in the club house, he helps our young pitchers, and he has a ton more upside than Livan Hernandez or Freddy Garcia as a fifth starter.
I'd love to have Pedroback for the 5th but he's asking for way too much money. He just robbed us the last 2 years of his contract so there is no reason he should be asking for $7 million+. If he wants to come back I say give him no more than $3-4 million.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Looks like Duaner Sanchez was released this morning according to metsblog.

Sad to see this happen, considering he was great for us until the car accident in 06.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Looks like Duaner Sanchez was released this morning according to metsblog.

Sad to see this happen, considering he was great for us until the car accident in 06.
Yeah it is now the end of the Dirty Sanchez era. What a crappy taxi ride. It might have cost us the WS in 2006 and then he wasn't the same coming back. I loved Dirty.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-10-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indeed, I loved Sanchez. He pitched with a ton of heart last year when he clearly lost his stuff.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets' top 10 prospects, per Roto.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/fea...d=32304&p g=3

I'm not a fan of this list.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Very weird list to have Tejada that high. I loved what I saw out of him in ST last year but he hasn't put it together in regular season ball yet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Perez's status from the WBC

0-1
Allowed 8 runs, three walks, 13 hits, 5 of which were HRs.

Yikes....
Old 03-17-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Perez's status from the WBC

0-1
Allowed 8 runs, three walks, 13 hits, 5 of which were HRs.

Yikes....
Who cares. When the real games start and that happens then you can be scared.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-17-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Who cares. When the real games start and that happens then you can be scared.
No, you can definitely be concerned at this point, I don't care how early it is or if these games don't mean anything to you.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
No, you can definitely be concerned at this point, I don't care how early it is or if these games don't mean anything to you.
Spring Training stats don't matter. Ollie is going to be the same as always. One great start, one terrible start and so on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-18-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I wouldn't get too wrapped up in from the stand point that the manager of the Mexico team REALLY pushed Perez well beyond where he should be at this point in spring training.

The Mets front office is supposedly pissed about it too.

Lets wait until Ollie gets back here in camp and pitches a few times before any warning lights come up.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Livan pitched really well today. I think he's definitely going to win the #5 spot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-18-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Livan pitched really well today. I think he's definitely going to win the #5 spot.
Yep, little doubt about it if you ask me. He seems like the logical choice.

He'll give us innings, and thats what you want in a fifth starter. A guy who won't force your bull pen to be stretched out over the course of the year, much like what happened last year to us with Pedro getting injured earlier and the wealth of crap starters we had to keep rotating in and out.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yep, little doubt about it if you ask me. He seems like the logical choice.

He'll give us innings, and thats what you want in a fifth starter. A guy who won't force your bull pen to be stretched out over the course of the year, much like what happened last year to us with Pedro getting injured earlier and the wealth of crap starters we had to keep rotating in and out.
Well he still has to pitch decent enough in the game he's in. If he gives up 5 quick runs he's not going to be in there for 7 innings obviously. I do think he'll have a nice rebound year though. I'm glad he is going to win the 5 spot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Perez pitched 3 scorless innings today so you can calm down a little bit Alex.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Perez pitched 3 scorless innings today so you can calm down a little bit Alex.
I think we all know how much of an indicator 3 innings is for Perez. And I do admit I am overtly critical of him and always hoped he would be become more then what he is since joining the Mets. Watching bad pitching frustrates me beyond belief.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Freddy Garcia has accepted an assignment to AAA to continue to work on his stuff. I'm pretty glad about this because I still think he can help us out sometime this year. You can never have enough starting pitching as everyone says.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-31-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I can't wait for next Monday already. Now that the roster looks set this week is going to take forever. Very pumped as always for the season. Predictions on how we do this year anyone?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-03-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Looks like Sheff will be coming to the team. I don't really like it if he's starting but as a bench guy he could be useful.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like Sheff will be coming to the team. I don't really like it if he's starting but as a bench guy he could be useful.
where did you hear this?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
where did you hear this?
Been on the Mets blogs all day. Also, Francesa is at CitiField today and Omar just told him it's done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-03-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

Who is pitching opening day for us?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Who is pitching opening day for us?
Haha I have no idea.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-03-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, man.

The last thing we need is this idiot on our team.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote