Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-29-2013, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Duron Carter Article: Interviews with Duron and Cris

Duron Carter's Journey and How It Has Shaped Him for the Future

I figured most people would enjoy this here because they are familiar with Duron Carter's story.

The article includes interviews with Duron, his father and NFL legend Cris Carter, and what Duron is doing to train for the NFL Draft.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post

I figured most people would enjoy this here because they are familiar with Duron Carter's story.

The article includes interviews with Duron, his father and NFL legend Cris Carter, and what Duron is doing to train for the NFL Draft.
Yeah, I hope Chris Carter remembers how he disrespected someone else's son with his disgusting draft day antics when Darius Heyward-Bey was selected.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Yeah, I hope Chris Carter remembers how he disrespected someone else's son with his disgusting draft day antics when Darius Heyward-Bey was selected.
I don't know much about that situation nor asked. I do know that Cris was very helpful to me during this, and provided me with plenty of other info on another prospect I'm going to be interviewing and that he is training, Keenan Allen.

For those wondering, the other interviews I have scheduled as of now are Allen, David Amerson, Zach Maynard, Malliciah Goodman, Aaron Dobson, and Branden Smith. Plenty more to come as well.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know much about that situation nor asked. I do know that Cris was very helpful to me during this, and provided me with plenty of other info on another prospect I'm going to be interviewing and that he is training, Keenan Allen.

For those wondering, the other interviews I have scheduled as of now are Allen, David Amerson, Zach Maynard, Malliciah Goodman, Aaron Dobson, and Branden Smith. Plenty more to come as well.
Okay, cool. That guy just rubbed me the wrong way with how he acted on television.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Great interview man. You are getting really good at this.

If Duron's head is on straight, he will be able to make a roster and even get some PT if he develops. So much raw receiving talent. He just seemed to be dumber than a box of rocks at OSU and afterwards.

So I still think that there is a huge "if" with the kid. Ultimate risk vs reward deal.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Great interview man. You are getting really good at this.

If Duron's head is on straight, he will be able to make a roster and even get some PT if he develops. So much raw receiving talent. He just seemed to be dumber than a box of rocks at OSU and afterwards.

So I still think that there is a huge "if" with the kid. Ultimate risk vs reward deal.
Thank you very much for the compliment!

From my talks with him, his father, and some others that have been to XPE, it does seem like he really is working hard and trying to get things together. We'll see how it all pans out in the end.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting read...

It is absurd though, Duron Carter's college career. Go to Ohio State, does not work out, goes to Alabama just practices does not work out, go to Florida Atlantic does not work out....

I mean what the hell, if the kid does have those measurables, why in the hell can he not be successful against average college competition?

Will see what happens, a lot of players can turn there career around, but not sure I have seen any with his famous pedigree, not be successful at all at three different colleges then have a wildly successful NFL career.

Maybe it is just me, but if Duron can pull it off, what first time in history that would have happened?

He can say he loves football all he wants, if he loved it so much he should have been working this hard as a freshman through his junior year and not just before the NFL combine and predraft workouts.

Must have been fun to talk with Chris Carter though, love his thoughts on ESPN.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Interesting read...

It is absurd though, Duron Carter's college career. Go to Ohio State, does not work out, goes to Alabama just practices does not work out, go to Florida Atlantic does not work out....

I mean what the hell, if the kid does have those measurables, why in the hell can he not be successful against average college competition?

Will see what happens, a lot of players can turn there career around, but not sure I have seen any with his famous pedigree, not be successful at all at three different colleges then have a wildly successful NFL career.

Maybe it is just me, but if Duron can pull it off, what first time in history that would have happened?

He can say he loves football all he wants, if he loved it so much he should have been working this hard as a freshman through his junior year and not just before the NFL combine and predraft workouts.

Must have been fun to talk with Chris Carter though, love his thoughts on ESPN.
For Duron it has never been a question of talent. Tressel was an old-school guy for the most part and with the exception of some freshman, not too many got a lot of playing time. With Alabama, there were complications that led to him not getting on the field, and at Florida Atlantic, he literally wasn't allowed to (he transferred within FBS and per the rules, have to sit out a year. Duron tried to petition that, but it didn't work).

You make a valid point about just working hard now. I can't attest to how hard he has worked at other places. I just know what I'm hearing right now about his workouts is very good thing. As I mentioned in the article, he is working out with plenty of draftable receivers, and I was told he looks just as good as Keenan Allen and belongs in the top 3 amongst the receiver prospects there (Allen, Duron, and Stedman Bailey).

Talking to Cris Carter was great. We had about a 20-minute phone conversation and texted a bit today. I'll have more quotes from him in my Keenan Allen interview to come sometime soon.

Also, Larry Fitzgerald read the article.

Last edited by Big Bird : 01-29-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Chris go indepth on what happened with the Alabama, Ohio State and Florida Atlantic situations? Three years is a long time and a lot of chances and a ton of changes. What did he think because he is Carter's son he can transfer without sitting out at all or something?

I guess there is always something but still it is very odd that it happened that way. One would think if he was that good coaches would find a way to get him on the field or get him the right what have you to be able to play....

Will be fun to see how it goes, such an odd thing though cannot get my head around, saying I love to play football, yet I cannot be moderately productive or on the field all throughout my entire college career.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol @ him being comparable to the top WR's in this class. No. It was a great interview by the way but his father is doing what a father will always do, hype up his own son.

I've seen him play since STA.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man Bleacher report is terrible.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking good in shorts and t-shirts is one thing.

There isn't much film of him playing in games.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
man Bleacher report is terrible.
The website is full of some pretty poor writing.

But this piece is good. I don't know if you read it, but Big Bird did a good job.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
The website is full of some pretty poor writing.

But this piece is good. I don't know if you read it, but Big Bird did a good job.
Thank you.

It was also published on another draft site, but I'm not allowed to post links to other draft sites...

And like JoeJoe pointed out, some of us are very hard working at B/R and are capable, qualified writers. I graduated a month ago with a major in this. I don't think I would be able to hook-up interviews with Cris Carter, Keenan Allen, and also get media passes to attend two basketball games in Cincinnati tonight (Cincinnati-Rutgers, Xavier-Dayton, and yes I went to both, left at halftime at Cincy-Rutgers because I was more concerned with the second game) if their wasn't at least some respect for me in the field.

That may mean nothing for to you, but if you haven't worked in this profession and haven't tried to do the things I just listed, go ahead and try it.