Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Scott, are you not even considering the POSSIBILITY that Te'o might have been in on this charade?
All I've been doing since the story broke is considering if it could be true.

However, in the end I just can't find a logical reason for why Te'o would do it.

I think it's much, much more likely that Te'o was naive and the victim of a sick hoax rather than that he risked everything just to get a few more drops of glory that was already being heaped on him with a shovel anyway. Also, so far all of the evidence that has come out since the story broke seems to back up his story. I just hope there are major consequences for those involved.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Last edited by Scott Wright : 01-17-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was asleep all day from tranquilizers. Am I still asleep? Is this legit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post

However, in the end I just can't find a logical reason for why Te'o would do it.

I think it's much, much more likely that Te'o was naive and the victim of a sick hoax rather than that he risked everything just to get a few more drops of glory that was already being heaped on him with a shovel anyway. Also, so far all of the evidence that has come out since the story broke seems to back up his story.
I have to agree with Scott on this assuming the timeline presented by Notre Dame is true. If Te'o reached out to ND who pursued a private investigation of the matter, and this is verifiable, I will absolutely buy this entire story from Te'o's side.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think it's much, much more likely that Te'o was naive and the victim of a sick hoax rather than that he risked everything just to get a few more drops of glory that was already being heaped on him with a shovel anyway. Also, so far all of the evidence that has come out since the story broke seems to back up his story.
Can't find a logical reason, or don't want to believe logical reasons.

The possibility that he was trying to hide the fact that he's a homosexual is extremely logical. Way more logical than him being complete victim and naive to what was going on.

Him being tricked and then playing it up trying to save face is also more logical.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I have to agree with Scott on this assuming the timeline presented by Notre Dame is true. If Te'o reached out to ND who pursued a private investigation of the matter, and this is verifiable, I will absolutely buy this entire story from Te'o's side.
Ha, my boy NIP! I got one person on my side at least! :)

Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the strangest pre draft story since that one guy slept with his sister.

sig by BoneKrusher
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Good G'd, 538 and counting posts on a who really cares issue. Who cares if he can play football and be a stud. He can date his mother for all I care.
IF he isn't behind the hoax, how's his mental health going to be when he's catching constant crap about this in the locker room from his teammates and on the field from the offense?

That surely would affect his play, yes?

That's why that O lineman from Whatever Christian University who was boning his sister went undrafted a few years ago.
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No seriously, am I still sleeping?

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
This is the strangest pre draft story since that one guy slept with his sister.
wtf you beat me by seconds in mentioning this guy lol
Old 01-17-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
No seriously, am I still sleeping?
This thread is almost as popular as the Draft Day Picture Analysis! Almost... ;)

Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
IF he isn't behind the hoax, how's his mental health going to be when he's catching constant crap about this in the locker room from his teammates and on the field from the offense?

That surely would affect his play, yes?

That's why that O lineman from Whatever Christian University who was boning his sister went undrafted a few years ago.
Abilene Christian U. Thankfully not TCU. Had me worried.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

I've found the smoking gun!

Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ha, my boy NIP! I got one person on my side at least! :)
Anyone with a clue can see the simplest answer is he was hoaxed. The other option is far more unlikely and farfetched.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

One of my *** friends texted to say he's 100% that Te'o's ***. Sets his gaydar off. This of course doesn't mean anything at all. It was just funny because I didn't tell him what I suspected and he doesn't follow football at all.

He also says that he's going to find Te'o and double team him with his partner, for what it's worth. Well, close enough, anyway. It was a lot more detailed and vulgar. Says Te'o is a "beautiful" man, lol.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've found the smoking gun!

I've found the year this was still funny and relevant!

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Anyone with a clue can see the simplest answer is he was hoaxed. The other option is far more unlikely and farfetched.
The theory that he was the victim of a hoax requires multiple people to spend hundreds or thousands of hours perpetrating this hoax. It also requires them to shell out big bucks on plane tickets and hotel rooms for the imposter to take trips to Hawaii.

How is that simpler than Te'o just lying?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One of my *** friends texted to say he's 100% that Te'o's ***. Sets his gaydar off. This of course doesn't mean anything at all. It was just funny because I didn't tell him what I suspected and he doesn't follow football at all.

He also says that he's going to find Te'o and double team him with his partner, for what it's worth. Well, close enough, anyway. It was a lot more detailed and vulgar. Says Te'o is a "beautiful" man, lol.
If I had to make a guess I would say that Teo is a power bottom.
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've found the year this was still funny and relevant!

I am still waiting for "Wassssuuuuuuup" to come back.

StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ending to this has to be that Sandusky was Lennay with Teo being a victim since a young age. That's how it has to end. I can't think of any other plot twists...
Old 01-17-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
The ending to this has to be that Sandusky was Lennay with Teo being a victim since a young age. That's how it has to end. I can't think of any other plot twists...
No, no, no. She was real and they had a real relationship, but the government took her out for national security reasons and erased all evidence of her existence.
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I am still waiting for "Wassssuuuuuuup" to come back.
I'm waiting for the MC Hammer comeback tour.

Quote:
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The theory that he was the victim of a hoax requires multiple people to spend hundreds or thousands of hours perpetrating this hoax. It also requires them to shell out big bucks on plane tickets and hotel rooms for the imposter to take trips to Hawaii.

How is that simpler than Te'o just lying?
What I'm saying requires you to believe that Te'o did lie a little about meeting her etc and generally made it sound like a more normal relationship, because he was embarrassed about it being an exclusively online relationship. This adds up fairly well with his situation IMO, being heavily religious and a touted "nice guy". Throw "gullible" into the mix and it's easy to believe he was hoaxed.

If these exact sort of fake online relationships weren't so common, I'd be more inclined to believe he lied about the whole thing, but they are very common. People spend time on hoaxes like this commonly. Tallhotblond is a pretty good doco about one such case that resulted in a murder, as two guys believed they were genuinely fighting over a girl they met online.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm waiting for the MC Hammer comeback tour.
I saw Kriss Kross is doing a reunion.

I may or may not know quite a few of the lyrics to "Jump".

Don't try to compare us to another bad little fad. I'm the Mac and I'm bad give you something that you never had..." I could go on but I won't. Okay, I definitely will but only to myself.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some girl basically played with him and said she was someone else. What I wanna know is how he found out she died, did he make that part up?

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Closed Thread