Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could very well have made the whole thing up to cover up being *** or for some other reason, but I tend to think people don't realize how widespread "boyfriends - girlfriend" relationships are in exclusively online situations. Some people aren't wired right in this department and can definitely be sucked in, or just find someone like them online and become extremely attached.

I just have a hard time believing he would make his fake girlfriend die the same day his grandmother did. He also said in an interview he got letters from her after she was dead, calling it a little "creepy", which would just be a ******** detail to add in a lie like this. These sort of things being constructed only serve to benefit him in the event he is caught out, as they do make it hard to believe he would make them up. If this is what they are - constructed oddities to make him more believable he was hoaxed in the event he is caught out - then he is a pretty unlikely mastermind of a deviant for a football middle linebacker.

Common sense says he was hoaxed. It was a particularly nasty and tenacious hoax, and he was a particularly gullible and well position target, but those things are not unbelievable at this point.

Last edited by OzTitan : 01-17-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

I mean he was bedridden when times were tough but then as soon as Charlie gets that golden ticket to visit the chocolate factory he hops out of bed and starting singing and dancing.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Old 01-17-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
some girl basically played with him and said she was someone else. What I wanna know is how he found out she died, did he make that part up?
If he was hoaxed, then I'd say it was the "out" for the hoaxer to break off the hoax. Which he bought hook line and sinker in this scenario.

In the scenario of a hoax, it was a pretty nasty one - timing the death the same day as his grandmother's. Making the "it was a hoax" call before the end of the season where he would be playing in a bowl game of some sort and entering the NFL draft. These things add up to me as being signs he had either an enemy, or someone very bored and perhaps jealous of his success.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

I mean he was bedridden when times were tough but then as soon as Charlie gets that golden ticket to visit the chocolate factory he hops out of bed and starting singing and dancing.
Scott Wright's Popculture Shakedown needs to be a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Plus he almost screwed over Charlie by making him steal Fizzy Lifting Drinks.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I gotta think that Charlie never made it very far in life, mostly from the poor influence that was Uncle Joe.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
If he was hoaxed, then I'd say it was the "out" for the hoaxer to break off the hoax. Which he bought hook line and sinker in this scenario.

In the scenario of a hoax, it was a pretty nasty one - timing the death the same day as his grandmother's. Making the "it was a hoax" call before the end of the season where he would be playing in a bowl game of some sort and entering the NFL draft. These things add up to me as being signs he had either an enemy, or someone very bored and perhaps jealous of his success.
IF this whole thing really was some cruel joke played on him then I do actually feel bad for the guy on many levels. IF thats true then...

#1 He lost his grandmother

#2 He "thought" he lost the girl he "thought" he was in love with on that same day and had to experience the grieving that goes with it

#3 He has to live the embarrassment and the shame of being dupped so terribly in front of the entire world on every sports talk show in the civilized world, including Sportscenter.

#4 His draft stock will definitely take a hit what a mess!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Katherine Webb even real?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2013, 02:29 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Is Katherine Webb even real?
I wanna know if the girl who supposedly played the role of his girlfriend feels bad at all.....IF this was indeed true and this girl "disappeared" the day his grandmother died didn't she feel bad?? Is that why this whole thing got blown up maybe? She was thinking of him and called him with a guilt phone call? jeez what a situation
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
thats great!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

Quote:
thats great!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope all of this is true.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hhahahahahahahahahaha
Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...tter-manti-teo

That twitter of his fake girlfriend turns out to be a fake twitter of his fake girlfriend created by a fake after the story broke. Fake fake fake.

...and I know I'm evil because if I played with Te'o and his BS story turned out to be true, I'd buy catfish fillets and leave them in his locker.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-17-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...tter-manti-teo

That twitter of his fake girlfriend turns out to be a fake twitter of his fake girlfriend created by a fake after the story broke. Fake fake fake.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole thing is crazy. I hope he was in on it, because he would have to be really, really, really naive to fall strongly for something like that.

I read the Deadspin article but haven't seen anything else.. So, pictures and phone calls are what sold him on her being who he thought she was? Did he ever try video chatting on Skype or Face Time or something? Her sister is one of the realest people he knows? It doesn't make sense. My mind is full of ****.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:34 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
This whole thing is crazy. I hope he was in on it, because he would have to be really, really, really naive to fall strongly for something like that.

I read the Deadspin article but haven't seen anything else.. So, pictures and phone calls are what sold him on her being who he thought she was? Did he ever try video chatting on Skype or Face Time or something? Her sister is one of the realest people he knows? It doesn't make sense. My mind is full of ****.
I think I know one man who can clear it all up...

Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

Read closer. He claims that their first meeting was in person and that they met multiple times in Hawaii, too. The whole thing is so lolworthy.

Speaking of lolworthy...

Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My theory is that he is just ***. He and his partner made up a fake girlfriend so no one asked questions. Manti realizes that he can't come out in the world of football, Mormonism and ND. He also realizes that in the near future people will want to meet her at awards and draft stuff. Then tragedy happens and his grandmother dies, and he sees an opportunity to get rid of his fake girlfriend at the same time and be done with that. He just tacks on her fake death and hopes that no one would look into her or care. People would have looked for her during per draft interviews, but no one would look for a dead girl.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o still lied about his knowledge of this entire situation which still makes him look bad in my eyes.

He's the one who kept flapping his lips to the media about this fake chick AFTER he allegedly knew it was a scam. Why not just say, 'no comment'???

The 'closeted' angle is juicier, but I think the guy is just a blockhead and socially not really with it.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay Scotty, if it turns out Te'o was complicit and orchestrated this whole thing I'll put "I am naive and not rational about Notre Dame" in my signature for three months. However, if it turns out Te'o was a victim you change your username to "Cynical Hater" for three months. Deal? :)
haha I'm not sure why I'm the one this is offered to. I never said you were a hater or naive or not rational. I can see your standpoint, but I just find it SO hard to believe that Te'o was so madly in love with and had meetings with this girl who didn't exist. Didn't he visit her in the hospital? Notice that it wouldn't be her health insurance? Her name not on the clipboard? Phony drivers license? Funeral? How's that go for someone who's not real or that's not her real name? That's all I' saying, it just doesn't add up. Maybe I am being cynical here, but it's the logic I'm following. I've got nothing against Notre Dame as I've already said but right now it's:

Some random Cards FB who runs through walls, ND press releases, Te'o's word, family and benefit of the doubt

against

the thinking that there's no way in today's day can Te'o get duped by a girl like this and not see the signs with the points I made above.

and no there's like 10 pages I missed while sleeping and have to look at after work
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got bad news, HinesWardJr isn't real.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I went to sleep last night this thread was 8 pages long. Looks like I found a way to keep myself occupied at work for a little while.

Feed Moncrief
Old 01-17-2013, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 01-17-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Closed Thread