Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So.. what am I missing here?

He allegedly met her in person at a Stanford game? Why is skype or webcams relevant? If he met her in person he should know exactly what she looks like and who she is.

I have read that his dad said, she had flown out to Hawaii? Other players have met her? MT went to visit her in the hospital as she was fighting cancer? Ok.. I work in a hospital. Someone can not just show up to a hospital, and take up a bed, just go dupe some poor sap.

I like the Irish somewhat, but this to me sounds like a fraudulent conman who got busted. He either had friends or family involved. Or he had a relationship, that failed, and he made a bunch of lies up to run with this story.

There is no other way around it, just based off of his word and his friend and families words. It doesn't make sense. Nothing people do surprise me now days though.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway=goat View Post

He allegedly met her in person at a Stanford game? Why is skype or webcams relevant? If he met her in person he should know exactly what she looks like and who she is.

I have read that his dad said, she had flown out to Hawaii? Other players have met her? MT went to visit her in the hospital as she was fighting cancer? Ok.. I work in a hospital. Someone can not just show up to a hospital, and take up a bed, just go dupe some poor sap.

I like the Irish somewhat, but this to me sounds like a fraudulent conman who got busted. He either had friends or family involved. Or he had a relationship, that failed, and he made a bunch of lies up to run with this story.

There is no other way around it, just based off of his word and his friend and families words. It doesn't make sense. Nothing people do surprise me now days though.
"Met her after the Stanford Game" has become a relative thing seeing as he claims he met her online after the Stanford Game. She apparently never showed up in Hawaii when she was supposed to (via Swabrick). No teammates saw her, he isn't documented as visiting her in the hospital.

That's why the Skype, webcam, etc. are relevant.

Teammates have heard him on the phone with a female multiple times, did he just put on an act? (Via ESPN Radio)

My guess is it isn't 100%. I feel like Te'o WAS tricked at some point, maybe he figured it out in August or September and wanted to make it go away for good thinking killing Lennay off was the way to do it? I don't know, still super weird

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 01-17-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I highly doubt this will have a major draft stock effect. Do they have concerns and questions? I'm sure, but Mike Freeman from CBS:

"NFL scout on Manti Catfish: "Won't hurt draft stock. We draft guys that rob banks." So, there's that."
I stand corrected. "We draft guys that rob banks" is the best draft quote I've seen.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBrowns View Post
Can someone find me a direct quote that he said he met her in person?

Didn't think so......
Sorry, but this one won't end well for you.

Assuming that you're right and the meeting at Stanford can't be attributed directly to Manti (b/c SI is out to get him, right? ) then there's still the fun little tidbits where he claims to have fallen asleep on the phone with her in the hospital, and the flowers, and the trips she took to Hawaii.

When everybody seems to be backpeddling it's generally because they're all trying to avoid getting caught in their lies.

Even the articles sited from the South Bend Tribune have inexplicably vanished. This one doesn't even require a tin-foil hat. It's pretty clear where things will go over the next few days.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
Old 01-17-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Met her after the Stanford Game" has become a relative thing seeing as he claims he met her online after the Stanford Game. She apparently never showed up in Hawaii when she was supposed to (link to that story earlier in this thread). No teammates saw her, he isn't documented as visiting her in the hospital.

Teammates have heard him on the phone with a female multiple times, did he just put on an act? (Via ESPN Radio)

My guess is it isn't 100%. I feel like Te'o WAS tricked at some point, maybe he figured it out in August or September and wanted to make it go away for good thinking killing Lennay off was the way to do it? I don't know, still super weird
Ok.. I am on page 13 atm. So I am not full caught up. That doesnt explain the former cardinals fb stating that he met her though.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
Old 01-17-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok.. I am on page 13 atm. So I am not full caught up. That doesnt explain the former cardinals fb stating that he met her though.
He met her through Ronaiah before Manti had ever "met" her.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No, she ws never in the hospital. And he never visited her. Or went to her funeral. He now says he never met her in person, although he seems to have implied he did before.

As another poster pointed out, he called her hospital bed...I guess he'll say now that it was a direct number, whatever. If he called the switchboard, they'd tell him she wasn't there. He'll just keep ducking and weaving.

3 year "relationship", where he never met the girl. Not once. Saw her picture (and the picture was of a friend of his friend Reniah Tuiasasopo) and that's it. As the love of his life lay dying tragically, he never visited.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Met her after the Stanford Game" has become a relative thing seeing as he claims he met her online after the Stanford Game. She apparently never showed up in Hawaii when she was supposed to (via Swabrick). No teammates saw her, he isn't documented as visiting her in the hospital.

SO instead of just dropping it or saying "we broke up", he makes a national story about the love of his life dying tragically from cancer? And then how brave he was to go on?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Dockett sometimes

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb View Post
SO instead of just dropping it or saying "we broke up", he makes a national story about the love of his life dying tragically from cancer? And then how brave he was to go on?
I don't know, maybe. That's what I don't understand and why he may have just been duped all along. No upside to making this a big spectacle and situation. Maybe he told Ronaiah (or whoever,) to get rid of it and they put it out there? I want to do some investigating and see what the earliest story of her death was or where it came from.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been on the fence, but the more I think about it, I think he's just been a victim.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
cfh128
Rookie

cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.cfh128 is so money.

Just posted on Twitter:

L K ‏@LennayKay

My statement: This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but I have been told by Alabama's offense that Manti Te'o is not real.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
Just posted on Twitter:

L K ‏@LennayKay

My statement: This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but I have been told by Alabama's offense that Manti Te'o is not real.
It is someones who reregistered the account yesterday, lol. Guess they were going for a joke a bunch of people already made?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I've been on the fence, but the more I think about it, I think he's just been a victim.
As soon as he kept pushing the lie after he found out about her being fake, he stopped being the victim to me.
Whether it was in December or before.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darnell Dockett is hilarious.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to be friends with Darnell Dockett in real life.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I want to be friends with Darnell Dockett in real life.
Offer to take him to KOD

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Damn it, you beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are no pictures of Te'o with this person, the photos of her are of another girl, there is no record of her death, her enrollment at Stanford, and when asked by an ESPN reporter for Te'o to provide photos of Kekua Te'o said the family would prefer not to, and he said that his brother told him of her death and then later said that it was Kekua's brother, plus he posted on twitter that her sister is one of the most "realist" people he knows. And no Facebook or Skype? It would be really hard to believe that Manti was this dumb to only know this person via phone and a photo still. It's more plausible to believe that Manti was in on the charade.

There is way too much inconsistent information. It's going to be hard for Te'o to come out of this looking like a complete victim. And I don't believe that Arizona fullback at all.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-17-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

Quote:
I don't know, maybe. That's what I don't understand and why he may have just been duped all along. No upside to making this a big spectacle and situation. Maybe he told Ronaiah (or whoever,) to get rid of it and they put it out there? I want to do some investigating and see what the earliest story of her death was or where it came from.
Well according to him he spoke to her in the hospital for 8 hours at a time, etc. etc. Sent flowers to her funeral, which didn't exist. So some scammer stayed up 8 hours a night with him? To what end?

I think she was a beard and he milked her 'death' to get attention/create a narrative for a Heismann. He's lucky he didn't win, if he had won and this 'I played even though the love of my life (who he now says he never actually met) just DIED' was perceived to have aided him, he'd never live it down.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Damn it, you beat me to it.
I like CuppyCup's much better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-17-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

......I smell ******** with this entire story. Te'o is guilty. Anything else is just excuses to help make him look better because its difficult for people to believe. If it were true, then the families that showed him so much support would be on every news show right now defending Te'o. Plus, him staying with the team and not flying to be with his or her family after the game is just too convenient. Its all just being spun right now and people are being bought off.

/case solved.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-17-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NEW DEVELOPMENT - Former ND teammate tells ESPN's Bob Holtzman that many players knew Lennay Kekua wasn't really Manti Te'o's girlfriend.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
Closed Thread