Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is absolutely no evidence to this and ...I just saw a yahoo post...yeah... credible...that would actually make sense and be the easy way out for Te'o. He should say that he's g-a-y. The girlfriend was an excuse to cover up his gayness, because he was afraid of the backlash in the macho football world. He also didn't want to become a figurehead because he saw what happened to Tim Tebow and Christianity. People can forgive Te'o because although the hype and condolences that people gave him for the 'death', the reality was that he was a victim of a bigger atrocity that forced him to live a life that wasn't his own.

So...he has one way out...he needs to be ***.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-17-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bc he was a registered sex offender. The travel arrangements were complicated. Teams didn't want to deal with it.
They didn't want to deal with it b/c it was too much work for a kid that wasn't graded high enough. Let's face it, just about every team will bend over backwards to accomodate any situation if the talent is there.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
He's in the CFL btw.
Who, Washington? I'm actually glad to hear that. The sex offender status was complete bull****.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-17-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o is almost certainly in on this. As a ND fan, that disappoints me. As a fan of comedy, this is amazing.

I don't necessarily think there are major psychological issues in play here - I think he's just an idiot that didn't understand the gravity of the lie he was telling, and tried his best to cover up. And failed hilariously. I'll still take him on the Bears though.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
They didn't want to deal with it b/c it was too much work for a kid that wasn't graded high enough. Let's face it, just about every team will bend over backwards to accomodate any situation if the talent is there.
I don't know. The league is image conscious to a certain extent. We forgive murderers and robbers as a society if the ability is there (unfortunately).

But sex crimes are sensitive. He's a registered sex offender. Even if you have a 1st round grade, that's a hard sell to your fanbase bc sex crimes aren't accepted.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
There is absolutely no evidence to this and ...I just saw a yahoo post...yeah... credible...that would actually make sense and be the easy way out for Te'o. He should say that he's g-a-y. The girlfriend was an excuse to cover up his gayness, because he was afraid of the backlash in the macho football world. He also didn't want to become a figurehead because he saw what happened to Tim Tebow and Christianity. People can forgive Te'o because although the hype and condolences that people gave him for the 'death', the reality was that he was a victim of a bigger atrocity that forced him to live a life that wasn't his own.

So...he has one way out...he needs to be ***.
His teammates are already talking to reporters, saying they knew there was no long-distance GF and that Te'o was doing other girls. So the *** angle would be a pretty hard sell at this point.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-17-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he should pay his teammates to stop talking then.

what's up with the "stay there and honor me through your play"?

anybody who has ever truly loved someone knows the difference between a game and real life.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Te'o is almost certainly in on this. As a ND fan, that disappoints me. As a fan of comedy, this is amazing.

I don't necessarily think there are major psychological issues in play here - I think he's just an idiot that didn't understand the gravity of the lie he was telling, and tried his best to cover up. And failed hilariously. I'll still take him on the Bears though.
Sounds about right. He'll take a beating publicly for it and still be a high pick. His new teammates will no doubt have a great time busting his balls about it from the second he hits camp.

It's a stupid move that has garnered more attention than it deserves already and will be way overblown when he comes clean b/c he duped media outlets everywhere. They will hate him forever for it b/c - once again - they were shown for the blundering idiots they are. Fact checking used to be important.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know. The league is image conscious to a certain extent. We forgive murderers and robbers as a society if the ability is there (unfortunately).

But sex crimes are sensitive. He's a registered sex offender. Even if you have a 1st round grade, that's a hard sell to your fanbase bc sex crimes aren't accepted.
Ben Roethlisberger and Jerramy Stevens did fine despite being rapists.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Ben Roethlisberger and Jerramy Stevens did fine despite being rapists.
Alleged rapists. By law, they were just a form of gangbanger.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-17-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whenever a teammate tried telling Te'o she wasn't real:

Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The smartest thing for Te'o is to get his story 100% straight and corroborated. Even if he doesn't plan to make the "final" story public, I am sure NFL teams will grill him on it. Inconsistencies will not only have them doubt his maturity but his trustworthiness.

Even if the truth is embarrassing, it's better to admit it to the teams and have them laugh at you (on the inside) than to have them not sure if they can trust you.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Alleged rapists. By law, they were just a form of gangbanger.
Stevens is all Hope Solos problem now lol.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
Old 01-17-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
kennyb
Rookie

kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kennyb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The smartest thing for Te'o is to get his story 100% straight and corroborated. Even if he doesn't plan to make the "final" story public, I am sure NFL teams will grill him on it. Inconsistencies will not only have them doubt his maturity but his trustworthiness.

Even if the truth is embarrassing, it's better to admit it to the teams and have them laugh at you (on the inside) than to have them not sure if they can trust you.
if the truth is he milked a scam he liked the attention and possible glow it would give for the Heismann, how's that going to help teams trust him?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is so consistently hilarious!!
Tony Washington. Te'o and his closet jonez for midgets!! Wow. This thread just keeps climbing to higher levels.

I just hope Manti doesn't do something stupid and swallow a bottle full of sleeping pills. Reading how insane this story is makes me feel embarrassed for Te'o, and I think he deserves whatever he's got coming to him.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lol! You said the other day that you forgive Ray Lewis even though you think he was guilty of murder and that he deserves to be given a second chance...

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
This thread is hall of fame bound
Anything else would not be right.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's the thing that everyone is forgetting. If Notre Dame can hire a private firm, who says NFL teams can't?

Better yet, why can't the media who wants first dibs on getting the information on this juicy story, why wouldn't THEY hire a private firm to find out the truth?

The truth is gonna come out. There's no way to hide it anymore. We'll find out soon enough.

For Te'o's sake, he better come clean and tell everyone the truth, bc he can't hide it anymore.
This. I can only speak from my own experience, but here in Denmark it is common knowledge within the industry that alot of major newspapers (as well as gossip magazines fwiw) hires private detectives to dig up dirt on public figures, wether it be celebrities, politicians or in between. Obviously I have no insight as to what goes on inside editorial rooms in your newspapers and other media, but I wouldnt be the least surprised if american media also keeps private investigators on the payroll on a regular basis. In other words I wouldnt be surprised, if we see a lot of stories about this come out in the coming weeks, where various anonymous sources reveal inside information on the matter.

I really have a hard time believing, that TeŽo is the victim here. If that was the case, wouldnt he be able to document his innocence fairly easy? I mean, if he did in fact call his deadsick girlfriend in the hospital for 8 hours, shouldnt he be able to show some kind of bill for this call?
And if he did indeed send white roses to her funeral, wouldnt he again be able to show some kind of receipt for the payment of said flowers?

Havent seen this posted in the thread, but here is his postgame interview from the Michigan State game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKDus7QjJ_w
Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb View Post
if the truth is he milked a scam he liked the attention and possible glow it would give for the Heismann, how's that going to help teams trust him?
I didn't say tell the truth. I just said make sure you can have a somewhat corroborated story.

If he really was tricked, then the truth needs to come out and it needs to be clear.

If he's involved, then he needs to find ways to hide his involvement.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he created this whole thing cause he didn't want people to know he was a virgin or something. That is really the only thing I can think of that makes even remote sense.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I didn't say tell the truth. I just said make sure you can have a somewhat corroborated story.

If he's involved, then he needs to find ways to hide his involvement.
G-a-y defense. His teammates that said he was banging other girls were misled by false information spread by Te'o himself to support the lifestyle lie...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-17-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
Old 01-17-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yall don't even know Manti was a virgin until he's 21 and now, Roll Tide. Wooooooo!

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
Old 01-17-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So according to Notre Dame AD Jack Swarbrick, Te'o became aware of the "fact" that this was a hoax as of December 6th when he was called and informed it was a hoax.

At the Heisman Ceremony on December 8th Te'o was interviewed on stage by Chris Fowler during ESPN's Heisman telecast, and this exchange took place:

Quote:
Chris Fowler: There were a lot of cameras around you this year, there was so much public sharing of very private moments, which shared moment will you never forget above the others?

Manti Te'o: I think I’ll never forget the time when I found out that, you know, my girlfriend passed away and the first person to run to my aid was my defensive coordinator, Coach [Bob] Diaco, and you know he said something very profound to me, he said ‘this is where your faith is tested.’ Right after that, I ran into the players’ lounge and I got on the phone with my parents – and I opened my eyes and my head coach was sitting right there. And so, you know, there are a hundred-plus people on our team and the defensive coordinator and our head coach took time to just go get one [of those players]. You know I think that was the most meaningful to me.
(From http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/...sentation.html )

So even if the whole thing began as a cruel hoax perpetrated against Te'o, unless Swarbrick was lying, Te'o is absolutely guilty of milking the supposed death of his girlfriend for personal glory. Lying to promote your own public image is far from the worst crime imaginable, but it seems like something Te'o is clearly guilty of.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 01-17-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Closed Thread