Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I like RG3 a lot, I'm just worried about his durability.
I like him as a player, but hes a soft and just a little ***** about everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Griffin got a lot of flak for hyping up his rehab with a complete sponsored campaign and the coming back clearly not fully healthy. Just shut up and get healthy man. His durability is still a big issue for me. He is the slightet of these young guys.

I don't think he is has bad character at all but I can kinda see him not being as squeaky clean as his image is. He isn't going to drunk and fight people and **** but I'm not as sure he is as big of a locker room leader yet. I also think that losing games just magnifies any problems as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Tannehill and Rg3 both look bad this year. And I'm not sure where the potential statement comes from with Tannehill. He's looked bad this year. Granted both the skins and Dolphins suck, but I haven't been impressed with either. Tanny was supposed to be the guy that made the biggest jump this year, and thus far hes looked more or less like the same guy.

Seriously. I'm not even an RG3 fan in a big way, but in what way does Tannehill have more potential? I like Tannehill too, but that's kind of silly.

At this point, there is really no reason to go against Andrew Luck, he's clearly the best QB and prospect of this bunch. I'd take Cam next pretty easy too.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill had all the right tools and he still needs to learn the position more. Him and Griffin both have loads of potential.

Wilson deserves to compete in the top 3 with how he is playing this year. Cam is doing great, but he is also playing with an elite defense this year. He doesn't have to carry his team now and the wins are adding up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still love ya, Robert. Keep ballin'.

The MNF game will feature two of my fave QBs in the game. Win.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^

Two guys desperate to get it turned around.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
RG3 is still beast.

:snicker

I heard that same crap from Freeman homers here in Tampa for 5 years. That's what a fanbase gets for pre-anointing. They still have a hard time admitting getting stuck with the short end of that stick. Good luck with this. He's already losing the locker room, and some people closest to him see him as a fraud. It's the first crack. Next, it'll be something else. From someone else. The team will do it's best to hide it under a rug, but it'll fester. It always does. He doesn't have much time to get right..... maybe another season. Then the belief in whatever he was selling, wherever he was trying to leading them, will be gone.

He runs a gimmick offense. Gimmick offenses collect Super Bowls like Mike Vick does. Kaepernick is in a similar boat, except that the NFC Championship his defense won him bought him some time. The Niners will draft another QB in 2015 to take over for him. Book it. Kaep sucks.

You can argue until you're face looks like a handful of Skittles and your fingertips are raw from typing, but at the end of the day, deep down in your heart, you know there's some truth in that.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:30 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still love ya, Robert. Keep ballin'.

The MNF game will feature two of my fave QBs in the game. Win.
RG3 and Kirk Cousins?
Old 11-23-2013, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
RG3 and Kirk Cousins?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
:snicker

I heard that same crap from Freeman homers here in Tampa for 5 years. That's what a fanbase gets for pre-anointing. They still have a hard time admitting getting stuck with the short end of that stick. Good luck with this. He's already losing the locker room, and some people closest to him see him as a fraud. It's the first crack. Next, it'll be something else. From someone else. The team will do it's best to hide it under a rug, but it'll fester. It always does. He doesn't have much time to get right..... maybe another season. Then the belief in whatever he was selling, wherever he was trying to leading them, will be gone.

He runs a gimmick offense. Gimmick offenses collect Super Bowls like Mike Vick does. Kaepernick is in a similar boat, except that the NFC Championship his defense won him bought him some time. The Niners will draft another QB in 2015 to take over for him. Book it. Kaep sucks.

You can argue until you're face looks like a handful of Skittles and your fingertips are raw from typing, but at the end of the day, deep down in your heart, you know there's some truth in that.

Don't try to project your own franchise's quarterback insecurity onto the Redskins.

RG3 is still the leader of this team and is nowhere close to losing the lockerroom. Griffin's locker has being right next to London Fletcher's since his rookie year for a reason; to teach the kid the ropes on how to handle his business as a pro.

Most of the vets on the SKins only have one real complaint against Robert, he needs to stop talking so damn much in press conferences. RG3 has a tendency to go stream-of-consciousness in front of reporters who in turn attempt to interpret every word that comes out of his mouth.

There's no character issues with RG3, unlike with Freeman and Vick.
RG3 is still considered the hardest worker on the team and still regarded as the one player most responsible for Ws and Ls because the SKins defense sucks.

The only thing gimmicky about the Pistol formation and the read option is that defenses have to account for the possibility of the QB keeping the ball and running, which RG3 has done considerably less of this season.
Kyle's playbook is the same one he had in Houston, the only new element is the Pistol formation to accommodate the occasional read option play.
People talk like the SKins are running the Wildcat. Good grief.

Keep hoping RG3 is a bum. Keep wishing he's a fraud like Freeman/Vick.

The kid didn't take a meaningful snap against live competition until the first game of the season. He didn't even participate in 7 on 7s until the last couple days of TC.

No worries about RG3 over here and the national media is simply trolling the Skins franchise for drama.

The most important thing is for RG3 to finish the season healthy.
The offseason will correct all the problems he's having with his mechanics/timing and seeing the field.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snore.

You could have replaced all the "RG3" with "Freeman" in that post, and it's the same thing that went on here. Keep trying to fool yourself.

Quote:
The only thing gimmicky about the Pistol formation and the read option is that defenses have to account for the possibility of the QB keeping the ball and running, which RG3 has done considerably less of this season.
Kyle's playbook is the same one he had in Houston, the only new element is the Pistol formation to accommodate the occasional read option play.
People talk like the SKins are running the Wildcat. Good grief.
You obviously aren't interpreting what it is you're seeing. Kyle's running scheme is the same/similar. The passing game is centered and based off of the read/option and pistol. That was NOT run in Houston with Schaub, because he never ran a read option, ever, and he rolled out maybe a handful of times by design of the play. RG3 does both those things with more than 75% of the pass plays he runs.

And because defenses have caught up with the scheme, how to prepare for it and defense it, for the most part, QB's who run this type of thing are getting shut down rather quickly.

Honestly, the QB's that run this type of offense, HAVE TO, because they CANNOT read defenses well. That, IMO, is the greatest tell tale of NFL success for QB's there is. It's why 5'9"-ish Brees can succeed just as well as 6'4"+ Manning/Brady.

Quote:
The kid didn't take a meaningful snap against live competition until the first game of the season. He didn't even participate in 7 on 7s until the last couple days of TC.
Yet, truly great QB's, can walk into an offense and make it work relatively quickly. Brett Favre and Peyton Manning come to mind as recent examples of guys who mentally know what's going on, had limited practice and just make it happen on the field.

I'll give you a hint. When you have to make excuses, something's wrong.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Hysterical much??

RG3 is 26 games into his career, coming off a devastating knee injury where he basically did not practice for the entire spring or summer.

But it's fine if you expect him to perform like a HOFer his 2nd year in the league.

The running game is Mike Shanahan's. The passing game is Kyle's. The difference is they merged both their run/pass offense with elements of the read-option, which is NOT the offense on every single play. In fact it's less than a third of the entire offensive snaps.

RG3 has no issues reading defenses. His problem has been that teams are taking away his more comfortable reads in the middle of the field and forcing him to throw more timing routes outside the hashmarks.
Yeah, a 2nd year QB who didn't practice the entire offseason is having problems hitting deep outs on a consistent basis.
Earth-shattering.

Is ACL reconstruction an excuse??
Had you already decided Josh Freeman was a waste of a QB by the end of his 2nd season??

That's why it's called 'hating'. You're piling on a kid when there's no crisis here in Redskinsland.

RG3 works harder than Freeman, is more accurate than Freeman, is more dedicated to his craft than Freeman, and is more talented a passer than Freeman.
I don't get the comparison, besides the obvious.

I hope Mike Glennon works out for you, or whoever you draft in 2014.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is ACL reconstruction an excuse??
There are no excuses why a quarterback plays poorly. There are only excuses to explain why quarterbacks still suck even when they play well.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannehill and Bradford always get underrated in this thread. Yet Kaep and Flacco in the previous thread were always rated way to high. Kaep sucks donkey dick.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Yet, truly great QB's, can walk into an offense and make it work relatively quickly. Brett Favre and Peyton Manning come to mind as recent examples of guys who mentally know what's going on, had limited practice and just make it happen on the field.
Old, experienced Brett Favre was mentally capable of just showing up without practice or training camp and playing at a high level.

Young Brett Favre was unwanted by the Atlanta coaching staff, led the league in interceptions for the Packers in 1993, they subsequently let him enter Unrestricted Free Agency where he received very little interest from anybody besides the Packers, and he was almost benched for Mark Brunell in 1994.

So it's not really fair to say "Favre didn't need practice or camp after 15 years as an NFL starter and probably 10,000 hours of film study."
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
So it's not really fair to say "Favre didn't need practice or camp after 15 years as an NFL starter and probably 10,000 hours of film study."

Oh, it's completely fair to view quarterbacks who have retired as paragons of skill. People generally don't know this, but Joe Montana never actually threw an interception incompletion. He had a 100% career passing accuracy rating.

The only reason Johnny Unitas ever saw a second down is because of first down running plays. Every time he'd throw a ball, it would be for a touchdown.

Chuck Norris played quarterback in the NFL for several years but under the pseudonym "Dan Fouts". Upon retirement, he gave the name "Dan Fouts" to a childhood friend of his named "Bartholomew" who is the person we know of today as Dan Fouts. Bartholomew never actually played a down of football on any level.

John Elway is actually a T-1000. And he can throw a football into actual low earth orbit.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Tannehill and Bradford always get underrated in this thread. Yet Kaep and Flacco in the previous thread were always rated way to high. Kaep sucks donkey dick.
Tannehill is rated just fine. He really has turned the corner or done anything to be ahead of Luck, Wilson, RG3, Newton or Kaep. They've all led more successful teams or put up better stats. And no Bradford still sucks.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Tannehill is rated just fine. He really has turned the corner or done anything to be ahead of Luck, Wilson, RG3, Newton or Kaep. They've all led more successful teams or put up better stats. And no Bradford still sucks.
Lol hater. Bradford was having a really good season this year and had a good season last year.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't 25 starts considered the mark where you (generally) know what you have in a QB? That is, if he was going to be your franchise QB, he'd have shown something substantial in his first 25 starts?

This isn't always the case of course, but as a general benchmark. I remember reading something like this a long time ago. Did anyone else hear anything similar?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Isn't 25 starts considered the mark where you (generally) know what you have in a QB? That is, if he was going to be your franchise QB, he'd have shown something substantial in his first 25 starts?

This isn't always the case of course, but as a general benchmark. I remember reading something like this a long time ago. Did anyone else hear anything similar?
I think Mike Holmgren said around 40 games into a QB's career, you pretty much know who your QB is.

Brady got much better after 40 games. So did Brees.

Three years in and you should have a good read on the guy starting for your team.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say three years. I mean now and days the bar has been set higher with guys like Flacco and Ryan coming out and doing well, and now Luck. All as rookies. Three years should be enough time. Maybe if the guy has injury problems they get longer. I'm wondering what happens with Jake Locker in this capacity.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'd say three years. I mean now and days the bar has been set higher with guys like Flacco and Ryan coming out and doing well, and now Luck. All as rookies. Three years should be enough time. Maybe if the guy has injury problems they get longer. I'm wondering what happens with Jake Locker in this capacity.
Think he gets one more, and if he doesn't show what they want, or if he gets injured again, they're going to be aggressively pursuing other options. Might not necessarily cut the cord before the fifth year, but they'll surely have brought in someone else they really like, if they have that chance.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
RG3 has no issues reading defenses.
Who are you..... Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Buncher?

"He has no issues reading defense....."

Quote:
His problem has been that teams are taking away his more comfortable reads in the middle of the field and forcing him to throw more timing routes outside the hashmarks.
"..... but he can't really read defense. "

Seriously? Wow. The tape does not lie. He cannot read a defense. His best work comes when he starts running around like a clueless child and things break down when he can either run for yardage or arm punt it to a player whom the defense lost downfield.

Quote:
Had you already decided Josh Freeman was a waste of a QB by the end of his 2nd season??
Long before that even.

Quote:
RG3 works harder than Freeman, is more accurate than Freeman, is more dedicated to his craft than Freeman, and is more talented a passer than Freeman.
I don't get the comparison, besides the obvious.
Let me spell it out for you. They are both First Round busts due to fatal flaws in their game.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 6m
Our friend @MikeSilver says RGIII asked coaches to stop putting his negative plays on film in front of the team during meetings.

I'm sure it's all part of Operation Patience.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People have been trying the "running QB" since forever in the NFL and a running QB has never really had sustained success outside of, say, Steve Young, who really worked hard to transform himself into a pocket passer first.

I think in 5+ years we will look back on the RGIIIs and Kaepernicks of this period and consider this a weird fad when tall immobile pocket passers keep winning Super Bowl after Super Bowl.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote