Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,935
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The fact that so many of you are bitching about this SB reflects WHY the NFL rule changes are the way they are.

We always ***** about how the game is changing for the worse, how it's not physical, it's too high scoring, it's become a game of quarterbacks etc.

Now we have a defense centric SB, and we hear everyone ***** about it. We had great defensive games in the playoffs that most people viewed as bad football. "Boring" football.

Well guess what? That's WHY we have all these stupid rule changes to favor offense. Bc you guys feel that way.

I love defensive football. So I love this SB. But I understand I'm in the minority these days. But don't ***** about the rule changes then turn around and ***** about having to watch a defensive match up.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,970
Reputation: 2679310
Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The fact that so many of you are bitching about this SB reflects WHY the NFL rule changes are the way they are.

We always ***** about how the game is changing for the worse, how it's not physical, it's too high scoring, it's become a game of quarterbacks etc.

Now we have a defense centric SB, and we hear everyone ***** about it. We had great defensive games in the playoffs that most people viewed as bad football. "Boring" football.

Well guess what? That's WHY we have all these stupid rule changes to favor offense. Bc you guys feel that way.

I love defensive football. So I love this SB. But I understand I'm in the minority these days. But don't ***** about the rule changes then turn around and ***** about having to watch a defensive match up.
I'm not interested because Ray Lewis is an asshole even though I love Ray Rice. I don't want him to get another ring. I also don't want SF to get that 6th ring because they'd extend their SB lead on the Giants. Therefore I don't know who to root for/less interest.

I will be happy if it's a defensive battle but the SF defense this year has been a bit overrated lately I think even with all their studs.
__________________
#Chop


sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,935
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm not interested because Ray Lewis is an asshole even though I love Ray Rice. I don't want him to get another ring. I also don't want SF to get that 6th ring because they'd extend their SB lead on the Giants. Therefore I don't know who to root for/less interest.

I will be happy if it's a defensive battle but the SF defense this year has been a bit overrated lately I think even with all their studs.
That's fine. I understand where you're coming from, but I'm talking about how people are upset about the matchup being "boring"

It's not boring at all. I love smashmouth football. I know our team was in the last SB, and I love it by default for that reason, but this past SB was boring as hell. Both qbs just completing a bunch of short passes with long scoring drives all game long and then it comes down to who has the ball last.

That's boring to me. And that's what we've seen for the most part with the league.

This SB we get to see smashmouth football. That's not a boring matchup. That's exciting to me.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California
Posts: 19,831
Reputation: 2087562
Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The fact that so many of you are bitching about this SB reflects WHY the NFL rule changes are the way they are.

We always ***** about how the game is changing for the worse, how it's not physical, it's too high scoring, it's become a game of quarterbacks etc.

Now we have a defense centric SB, and we hear everyone ***** about it. We had great defensive games in the playoffs that most people viewed as bad football. "Boring" football.

Well guess what? That's WHY we have all these stupid rule changes to favor offense. Bc you guys feel that way.

I love defensive football. So I love this SB. But I understand I'm in the minority these days. But don't ***** about the rule changes then turn around and ***** about having to watch a defensive match up.
Thank you. Can I get this framed?
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: awkward
Posts: 11,014
Reputation: 2237213
SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Kinda what GF said, but i'm just not particularly interested in the teams. It has nothing to do with the game.

My ideal SB not including the Packers would've been the Seahawks/Broncos, not because it would be a significantly better game, i'm not sure sure how you can predict whether a game is going to be good or not, but just because I really like the Seahawks players and think the Manning comeback is way more interesting than hearing about how amazing Ray Lewis is, which is going to be talked about a million times before, during and after the game.
__________________



RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MetLife, Clink x4, MetLife
Posts: 12,920
Reputation: 1712539
gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I know I'm in the minority, but I truly believe the reasons for the "stupid" rule changes were primarily based on safety or at the very least giving the perception of heightened safety awareness, which has in turn affected safety. Especially the Kickoff rule. That needed to happen and cut down on the most dangerous play in the game by a huge number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the negative perception of this particular Super Bowl comes form the main character from each organization: Ray Lewis and Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh rubs people the wrong way almost intentionally and the story behind Lewis makes his antics almost unbearable.

There's also the idea that the NFL has subconsciously conditioned us to associate the big 6 QBs with these big games. This game has neither for the first time in years.

And people still don't trust their eyes with Kaep for a bunch of reasons, mainly they don't believe he can be this good this quick.

- He's apparently a great kid. Smart, hard-working... but he has almost a JR Smith level of ink on his body - not usually something great NFL QBs have. Older fans might be confused by this.

- He's running an offense that no QB has ever run and people don't know if they should embrace it or scoff at it and just wait for it to be figured out... but that might not happen until after a freaking Super Bowl win so even if it is a 'flash' it's like wtf...

So when you put those reservations together, it's difficult to find a non-49ers fan to trust rooting for or against Kaepernick on their sacred Super Bowl stage. He may not belong there (maybe yet) in some people's minds. I also had a friend tell me he suspected PEDs because "I've never seen anyone run like that against pro defenders." I couldn't disagree with his statement. I don't think he is, but there are probably fans with that suspicion, which is sad, but indicative of the times.

Then there's Flacco, who is similar to Eli Manning but we as consumers trusted Eli Manning simply because of his last name. And his first SB, the game that cemented him as one of the big 6, was an awesome David vs. Goliath with two big Northeastern media darlings and the Pats going for 17-0 with B and B. The Pats could have been playing anybody and that game would've been widely anticipated.

Flacco's personality is just... he's just Mr. Excitement. Again, this is separating him from his play on the field, traditionally inconsistent, but stellar during this run. But from a neutral, casual fan's point of view, he's difficult to get excited about or invested in or against. For example, I don't think many non-Ravens fans say "Gee I really want a Joe Flacco jersey." or "I HATE Joe Flacco!!!! He's so annoying."

And to BBD's point about defense. Yes these teams have good defenses (although you wouldn't know it after last week for SF or a majority of the season for BAL). But they are very much offensive teams and there should be a lot of scoring (unless SF dominates which is very possible). I don't think people expect a 7-6 game and they shouldn't. The O/U is 48. I think the reasons above are why there's tempered excitement for this year's Super Bowl from non-BAL/SF fans.

There just aren't that many truly almost-universally likeable players/coaches on either side. John Harbaugh is just bleh. I touched on Lewis and Jim H. above. Crabtree and VD are dicks. People hate Moss. J and A Smith aren't recognizable at all for most fans. Same with Torrey Smith. Oher plays RT now which probably confuses people. I touched on the QBs above.

So that leaves Ray Rice, T Sizzle and Ed Reed. Sizzle and Rice definitely rub people the wrong way because they are outspoken and brash.

And I don't think Ed Reed likes the camera.

*These are not my opinions. Just what I think the people who aren't excited for this game might be thinking.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,775
Reputation: 3239413
WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I seriously want to live in this imaginary world where the 49ers have a boring offense that isn't capable of scoring points in bunches.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxscorescouting.com
Posts: 5,754
Reputation: 1665507
AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The fact that so many of you are bitching about this SB reflects WHY the NFL rule changes are the way they are.

We always ***** about how the game is changing for the worse, how it's not physical, it's too high scoring, it's become a game of quarterbacks etc.

Now we have a defense centric SB, and we hear everyone ***** about it. We had great defensive games in the playoffs that most people viewed as bad football. "Boring" football.

Well guess what? That's WHY we have all these stupid rule changes to favor offense. Bc you guys feel that way.

I love defensive football. So I love this SB. But I understand I'm in the minority these days. But don't ***** about the rule changes then turn around and ***** about having to watch a defensive match up.
I like defensive games, but I don't like sloppy games. Low scoring games don't necessarily mean it was a great defensive battle. Houston and Cincinnati wasn't a defensive battle. It was 2 offensively inept teams having a puntathon.

I don't like this Super Bowl because a). the Pats got beat. I'm not going to deny that. It really took the sting out of this game from my opinion. and b). I really hate the Ravens and there are some (not all) 49ers fans who will be unbearable on here.

I love watching the 49ers play. I think the different formations and things they use in the run game are extremely interesting. Their defense is also fun to watch.

I hate the Ravens with a passion, mainly their defense. I don't mind Flacco, Rice and Torrey on their offense. But Ray Lewis is an attention seeking media ***** getting by on reputation for the last 2 years. Suggs is an asshole. Bernard Pollard is the devil.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ed Reed. I have nothing against Ngata etc, however they have more players I hate on their team than pretty much any other team.

Oh, and both Harbaughs are whiny bitches.

Plus the Baltimore offense is pretty boring to watch. Ray Rice between the tackles, Ray Rice between the tackles, shot play deep.

I don't think the game will be boring, but I am kind of stuck in a situation where I would prefer both teams to lose. Sure I would love Randy to get a ring. Guy is my all time favourite offensive player. Sure I would like Reed to get a ring. Guy is one of my all time favourite defensive players. But this game is kinda meh to me
__________________


BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MetLife, Clink x4, MetLife
Posts: 12,920
Reputation: 1712539
gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I like defensive games, but I don't like sloppy games. Low scoring games don't necessarily mean it was a great defensive battle. Houston and Cincinnati wasn't a defensive battle. It was 2 offensively inept teams having a puntathon.

I don't like this Super Bowl because a). the Pats got beat. I'm not going to deny that. It really took the sting out of this game from my opinion. and b). I really hate the Ravens and there are some (not all) 49ers fans who will be unbearable on here.

I love watching the 49ers play. I think the different formations and things they use in the run game are extremely interesting. Their defense is also fun to watch.

I hate the Ravens with a passion, mainly their defense. I don't mind Flacco, Rice and Torrey on their offense. But Ray Lewis is an attention seeking media ***** getting by on reputation for the last 2 years. Suggs is an asshole. Bernard Pollard is the devil.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ed Reed. I have nothing against Ngata etc, however they have more players I hate on their team than pretty much any other team.

Oh, and both Harbaughs are whiny bitches.

Plus the Baltimore offense is pretty boring to watch. Ray Rice between the tackles, Ray Rice between the tackles, shot play deep.

I don't think the game will be boring, but I am kind of stuck in a situation where I would prefer both teams to lose. Sure I would love Randy to get a ring. Guy is my all time favourite offensive player. Sure I would like Reed to get a ring. Guy is one of my all time favourite defensive players. But this game is kinda meh to me
Those are the two guys I'd be happy seeing get a ring as well.

But obviously I'm rooting for Baltimore.

I actually don't hate any players on the 49ers. But I hate their team as a whole. And I think their secondary is a sham so I don't like any of those guys.

Part of taking on the Niners is just meeting their physicality/intensity. The majority of teams don't do that for four quarters. When they don't have that advantage they are a completely different team. You need guys with hunger, mean streaks, speed, and recklessness. I'm not sure the veterans on Baltimore have that dog in them anymore to keep the physicality/speed up for four quarters against a million runs behind a beast OL. Then when Kaep breaks contain and goes for 40 on 3rd and 10 or hits a huge pass against some weak ass easy-read zone that you have to play against him - then bam they go right to the violent-running Gore after you just ran for 30 yards in pass D as a LB? Crushing. Debilitating.

I hope I'm wrong.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California
Posts: 19,831
Reputation: 2087562
Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I truly believe the reasons for the "stupid" rule changes were primarily based on safety or at the very least giving the perception of heightened safety awareness, which has in turn affected safety. Especially the Kickoff rule. That needed to happen and cut down on the most dangerous play in the game by a huge number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the negative perception of this particular Super Bowl comes form the main character from each organization: Ray Lewis and Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh rubs people the wrong way almost intentionally and the story behind Lewis makes his antics almost unbearable.

There's also the idea that the NFL has subconsciously conditioned us to associate the big 6 QBs with these big games. This game has neither for the first time in years.

And people still don't trust their eyes with Kaep for a bunch of reasons, mainly they don't believe he can be this good this quick.

- He's apparently a great kid. Smart, hard-working... but he has almost a JR Smith level of ink on his body - not usually something great NFL QBs have. Older fans might be confused by this.

- He's running an offense that no QB has ever run and people don't know if they should embrace it or scoff at it and just wait for it to be figured out... but that might not happen until after a freaking Super Bowl win so even if it is a 'flash' it's like wtf...

So when you put those reservations together, it's difficult to find a non-49ers fan to trust rooting for or against Kaepernick on their sacred Super Bowl stage. He may not belong there (maybe yet) in some people's minds. I also had a friend tell me he suspected PEDs because "I've never seen anyone run like that against pro defenders." I couldn't disagree with his statement. I don't think he is, but there are probably fans with that suspicion, which is sad, but indicative of the times.

Then there's Flacco, who is similar to Eli Manning but we as consumers trusted Eli Manning simply because of his last name. And his first SB, the game that cemented him as one of the big 6, was an awesome David vs. Goliath with two big Northeastern media darlings and the Pats going for 17-0 with B and B. The Pats could have been playing anybody and that game would've been widely anticipated.

Flacco's personality is just... he's just Mr. Excitement. Again, this is separating him from his play on the field, traditionally inconsistent, but stellar during this run. But from a neutral, casual fan's point of view, he's difficult to get excited about or invested in or against. For example, I don't think many non-Ravens fans say "Gee I really want a Joe Flacco jersey." or "I HATE Joe Flacco!!!! He's so annoying."

And to BBD's point about defense. Yes these teams have good defenses (although you wouldn't know it after last week for SF or a majority of the season for BAL). But they are very much offensive teams and there should be a lot of scoring (unless SF dominates which is very possible). I don't think people expect a 7-6 game and they shouldn't. The O/U is 48. I think the reasons above are why there's tempered excitement for this year's Super Bowl from non-BAL/SF fans.

There just aren't that many truly almost-universally likeable players/coaches on either side. John Harbaugh is just bleh. I touched on Lewis and Jim H. above. Crabtree and VD are dicks. People hate Moss. J and A Smith aren't recognizable at all for most fans. Same with Torrey Smith. Oher plays RT now which probably confuses people. I touched on the QBs above.

So that leaves Ray Rice, T Sizzle and Ed Reed. Sizzle and Rice definitely rub people the wrong way because they are outspoken and brash.

And I don't think Ed Reed likes the camera.

*These are not my opinions. Just what I think the people who aren't excited for this game might be thinking.
I love it. Screw the heart warming stories and people that the media perpetrates into cash consuming propaganda via television ratings. Awww, you mean Golden Boy Manning or Brady won't be in the Super Bowl and we have to deal with Thugs R Us with Ray Lewis and Colin Kaepernick (look at those tattoos!), and Joe Flacco...that guy we hate because he isn't putting up fantasy football statistics and isn't in the MVP running!? Well this Super Bowl is boring then! I mean all we got is a brother vs. brother storyline. That isn't heartwarming enough!

And regarding Jim Harbaugh rubbing people the wrong way...how so? He's not nice to the media? He's not sociable enough? Not a poster boy? Isn't Bill Belichick the same way? Let's keep in mind that these coaches aren't here to make friends and save face. They're here to win football games. A lot of them hate talking to the media, especially after a loss and only do it because they're obligated to in their contract.
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-23-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 13,722
Reputation: 4443210
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I've never been a guy who says "I hope so and so wins a ring." The only people I hope get a ring before they retire are Bears players. Screw Tony Gonzalez, Ed Reed, and any other old dude without a ring. I want Chicago to win.

But of all the players who don't have a ring, I think Moss is near the bottom of guys I'd like to see win one. Sure, he's one of the best of all time. But he is also a douche. He has a series of off the field issues, he takes plays off when they don't target him, and he is kind of a me first kind of player. In no way do I think he "deserves" to win a ring before he retires.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxscorescouting.com
Posts: 5,754
Reputation: 1665507
AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I've never been a guy who says "I hope so and so wins a ring." The only people I hope get a ring before they retire are Bears players. Screw Tony Gonzalez, Ed Reed, and any other old dude without a ring. I want Chicago to win.

But of all the players who don't have a ring, I think Moss is near the bottom of guys I'd like to see win one. Sure, he's one of the best of all time. But he is also a douche. He has a series of off the field issues, he takes plays off when they don't target him, and he is kind of a me first kind of player. In no way do I think he "deserves" to win a ring before he retires.
Eh, I can't speak for the Vikings or 49ers this year but Moss was well loved by a lot of guys in the Patriots lockerroom.

Plus, this whole taking plays off thing is abig fallacy. He took years off (Oakland), but when you watch Moss jog his routes you think he's dogging it. Then next thing he starts jogging a route and then turns the burners on and grabs a long TD.

Randy Moss is the most cerebral WR I have ever seen play. Everything he does in the field (with the exception of the aforementioned Oakland years) has a purpose.

I understand why people don't like him for how he gets on or some of the off field stuff, but Moss isn't a bad guy, or a cancer like TO. Moss is a top 3 (at worst) WR of all time and the most talented WR of all time. No one had his combination of football IQ, size, speed, hands and concentration. NFL coverages are what they are now because of Randy Moss.

I'm not going to cry in my sleep if he never wins a ring, but I think someone with his career and his accomplishments deserves one
__________________


BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,935
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Eh, I can't speak for the Vikings or 49ers this year but Moss was well loved by a lot of guys in the Patriots lockerroom.

Plus, this whole taking plays off thing is abig fallacy. He took years off (Oakland), but when you watch Moss jog his routes you think he's dogging it. Then next thing he starts jogging a route and then turns the burners on and grabs a long TD.

Randy Moss is the most cerebral WR I have ever seen play. Everything he does in the field (with the exception of the aforementioned Oakland years) has a purpose.

I understand why people don't like him for how he gets on or some of the off field stuff, but Moss isn't a bad guy, or a cancer like TO. Moss is a top 3 (at worst) WR of all time and the most talented WR of all time. No one had his combination of football IQ, size, speed, hands and concentration. NFL coverages are what they are now because of Randy Moss.

I'm not going to cry in my sleep if he never wins a ring, but I think someone with his career and his accomplishments deserves one
This. He sets his defenders up. As a deep threat you can't go full speed every route, you have to set them up. It's kind of like how pass rushers set up their move throughout the game. They'll give you the bullrush all game then all of a sudden swim on you or spin etc.

Randy had his change up.

And let's be real, who isn't going to get tired when you have to run 9 routes down the field 40 yards each play? No one on earth is gonna run each of those routes hard.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,012
Reputation: 1096
Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.
Default

Iupati vs Ngata round two.
__________________
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,438
Reputation: 338159
coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,640
Reputation: 106395
dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The real reason the majority here hates this Super Bowl is because it doesnt include their favorite team or the "popular" team with the "popular" QB.

It has two teams with great defenses, great RB's, good receivers (including TE), two good head coaches, a great OL in SF, a good surprising OL in BAL since their lineup only started with the Colts playoff game and two good young QB's in KAP and Flacco.

That alone makes this Super Bowl worth watching whether you like/hate either/both teams. Add in the Brother vs Brother, Lewis retiring and that some favorites like Reed and others could be gone from BAL after the season. This Super Bowl is going to be a classic no matter who wins.

Last year was boring because I already saw NE/NYG four years earlier and the result was more or less the same from start to finish. After seeing Brady five times in the last 12 years, Eli twice, Peyton twice, the Steelers twice, its nice to see two teams in the Super Bowl that havent been there in 18 and 12 years respectively.

Funny part is that those not interested continue to talk about not being interested in the game. If you're truly werent interested, you wouldnt waste your time either way because obviously, no point.

Even funnier than that are those who bash the Niner fans because we're pumped up for the game and think that the Niners will win but seriously, how is that any different than any other fan here being pumped for their favorite team if it was them in the Super Bowl?

Majority here are just so spoiled by seeing the same teams all the time that all of a sudden, the Super Bowl isnt worth watching. The Super Bowl is ALWAYS worth watching regardless of the teams in it because its the biggest game of the best sport in the world. Hell, it could be Panthers/Browns in the Super Bowl and I would still watch it despite having no interest in either team because I want to see who wins and because after the Super Bowl, there's no more games until August.

Maybe, its just me but regardless of the teams, the Super Bowl is always worth watching. But to each his/her own.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,935
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

We're all watching the SB. Let's be real here. Nobody is gonna boycott the SB.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dropping Brady Passes
Posts: 16,766
Reputation: 4781006
Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Eh i find it uninteresting because I don't want to see the Ravens win the SB and then continue to talk **** about us for an entire year, and I have nothing with the actual 9er team winning, its just if they did I pretty much would stop coming into the pro football section until the start of next year.

Really has nothing to do with the star QBs or it being a defensive battle.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: R4L 3:16 says I just whipped your ass
Posts: 14,263
Reputation: 2932911
Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Eh i find it uninteresting because I don't want to see the Ravens win the SB and then continue to talk **** about us for an entire year, and I have nothing with the actual 9er team winning, its just if they did I pretty much would stop coming into the pro football section until the start of next year.

Really has nothing to do with the star QBs or it being a defensive battle.
I'm not coming into the pro football section regardless of who wins the SB. This place, especially in the offseason blows the big one. Makes me want to hit someone.
__________________

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,640
Reputation: 106395
dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Eh i find it uninteresting because I don't want to see the Ravens win the SB and then continue to talk **** about us for an entire year, and I have nothing with the actual 9er team winning, its just if they did I pretty much would stop coming into the pro football section until the start of next year.

Really has nothing to do with the star QBs or it being a defensive battle.
This quote is exactly my point. Its just people being pissed that "their" team isnt in the Super Bowl. Its amazing, the 49ers havent been in a Super Bowl in 18 years and yet, I have still watched every Super Bowl since the Niners won the last one. After all, its the Super Bowl. Granted, I'll cheer for one team or the other but even if there's two teams I dont care about, I still watch it. To me, it seems like majority here arent even football fans, they're bandwagons for their current favorite team but if that team loses, they dont care. I'll never understand that whatsoever.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxscorescouting.com
Posts: 5,754
Reputation: 1665507
AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
The real reason the majority here hates this Super Bowl is because it doesnt include their favorite team or the "popular" team with the "popular" QB.

I don't disagree but it's how a lot of people feel


It has two teams with great defenses, great RB's, good receivers (including TE), two good head coaches, a great OL in SF, a good surprising OL in BAL since their lineup only started with the Colts playoff game and two good young QB's in KAP and Flacco.

Baltimore's defense isn't great and SF's isn't as good as people say. Both are good defenses and SF's is very good. I wouldn't describe either as great

That alone makes this Super Bowl worth watching whether you like/hate either/both teams. Add in the Brother vs Brother, Lewis retiring and that some favorites like Reed and others could be gone from BAL after the season. This Super Bowl is going to be a classic no matter who wins.

Ughhhh. The media orgy around these things are what is putting me off. Two brothers coaching has never happened before. Great for the Harbaughs. The Ray Lewis fuckfest is literally making me wretch at this point.

Last year was boring because I already saw NE/NYG four years earlier and the result was more or less the same from start to finish. After seeing Brady five times in the last 12 years, Eli twice, Peyton twice, the Steelers twice, its nice to see two teams in the Super Bowl that havent been there in 18 and 12 years respectively.

It's not the teams who are there that matter it's the match up. Would people be interested watching KC play Carolina?

Funny part is that those not interested continue to talk about not being interested in the game. If you're truly werent interested, you wouldnt waste your time either way because obviously, no point.

It's an NFL forum. People are either going to talk about the Super Bowl or the draft, a lot of times both

Even funnier than that are those who bash the Niner fans because we're pumped up for the game and think that the Niners will win but seriously, how is that any different than any other fan here being pumped for their favorite team if it was them in the Super Bowl?

People's feelings on some 49ers fans is from much more than just them being in the Super Bowl


Majority here are just so spoiled by seeing the same teams all the time that all of a sudden, the Super Bowl isnt worth watching. The Super Bowl is ALWAYS worth watching regardless of the teams in it because its the biggest game of the best sport in the world. Hell, it could be Panthers/Browns in the Super Bowl and I would still watch it despite having no interest in either team because I want to see who wins and because after the Super Bowl, there's no more games until August.

Everyone's going to watch the game but that doesn't mean it's the most exciting game. It's the spectacle and the culmination of the season.

Maybe, its just me but regardless of the teams, the Super Bowl is always worth watching. But to each his/her own.
Responses in bold.

Look, people are going to watch, but it isn't the most exciting match up and the fact that a lot of outside storylines have already been beaten to death it's not ridiculous for people to not really be all that bothered
__________________


BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 20,869
Reputation: 2285531
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The fact that so many of you are bitching about this SB reflects WHY the NFL rule changes are the way they are.

We always ***** about how the game is changing for the worse, how it's not physical, it's too high scoring, it's become a game of quarterbacks etc.

Now we have a defense centric SB, and we hear everyone ***** about it. We had great defensive games in the playoffs that most people viewed as bad football. "Boring" football.

Well guess what? That's WHY we have all these stupid rule changes to favor offense. Bc you guys feel that way.

I love defensive football. So I love this SB. But I understand I'm in the minority these days. But don't ***** about the rule changes then turn around and ***** about having to watch a defensive match up.
Such a mighty assumption. Rule changes have nothing to do with why I'm not interested in this game. I just have no feelings (positive/negative) to either team. Usually one of them I will really like, or really dislike and therefore have a reason to cheer for one team or the other. This matchup I could not care less about who wins.
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,935
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

And why don't you have any feelings towards either team? It's bc they're either not exciting, or not hate-able/likeable enough.

Defense is "boring"

The matchup isn't interesting as a result. No big time qbs.

I wish Seattle made it bc they have my favorite defense in the league. I looooooove Seattle's defense. It's pure sex.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: awkward
Posts: 11,014
Reputation: 2237213
SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
This quote is exactly my point. Its just people being pissed that "their" team isnt in the Super Bowl. Its amazing, the 49ers havent been in a Super Bowl in 18 years and yet, I have still watched every Super Bowl since the Niners won the last one. After all, its the Super Bowl. Granted, I'll cheer for one team or the other but even if there's two teams I dont care about, I still watch it. To me, it seems like majority here arent even football fans, they're bandwagons for their current favorite team but if that team loses, they dont care. I'll never understand that whatsoever.
**** off. Go back to the 49ers forum, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And why don't you have any feelings towards either team? It's bc they're either not exciting, or not hate-able/likeable enough.

Defense is "boring"

The matchup isn't interesting as a result. No big time qbs.

I wish Seattle made it bc they have my favorite defense in the league. I looooooove Seattle's defense. It's pure sex.
No need to act holier than thou.
__________________



RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 01-23-2013 at 05:11 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: R4L 3:16 says I just whipped your ass
Posts: 14,263
Reputation: 2932911
Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
**** off. Go back to the 49ers forum, please.
Thank you!
__________________

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.