Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for the 9ers because no one deserves a ring less than Bryant McKinnie.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
...and the fact that a lot of outside storylines have already been beaten to death...
This happens every year during the two week break.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And why don't you have any feelings towards either team? It's bc they're either not exciting, or not hate-able/likeable enough.

Defense is "boring"

The matchup isn't interesting as a result. No big time qbs.

I wish Seattle made it bc they have my favorite defense in the league. I looooooove Seattle's defense. It's pure sex.
You are making an assumption on why I am indifferent towards either team which is blatantly wrong. It has nothing to do with both teams being defense oriented. I became a fan of the Bucs BECAUSE they were defense oriented.

Some people may dislike the match up for your reasons, but trying to project them onto me is incorrect and kind of silly. People can have their own personal opinions BBD. Why are you so concerned with trying to tell me why I dislike this game?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
You are making an assumption on why I am indifferent towards either team which is blatantly wrong. It has nothing to do with both teams being defense oriented. I became a fan of the Bucs BECAUSE they were defense oriented.

Some people may dislike the match up for your reasons, but trying to project them onto me is incorrect and kind of silly. People can have their own personal opions BBD. Why are you so concerned with trying to tell me why I dislike this game?
The holier than thou attitude that he has.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I don't get it. People are allowed to dislike this game for whatever reason they want. It's their prerogative. The same goes for people who like this match-up. There is nothing wrong with either view.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't get it. People are allowed to dislike this game for whatever reason they want. It's their prerogative. The same goes for people who like this match-up. There is nothing wrong with either view.
And it's not as if people that dislike the match up have been trying to force their opinion onto people that do like it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-23-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all the talk of needing a QB to win a super bowl have a qb that has started 10 games(I think) and Flacco who is streaky. Both led by strong run games and defense.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw this today:

And there's an interesting blog post to go along with the video:
Quote:
While scouts with stopwatches criticized his odd delivery, Brenkus measured eye ocularity and release and accuracy and found that eye trackers showed he was registering in measures like 'how fast to detect where to throw the ball' and then releasing it at the levels of elite quarterbacks, the 0.2-0.4 second range. Brenkus insisted Kaepernick, not Cam Newton, was the best pick in the draft based on fundamentals.
I've always figured that drills like this will show up at the combine someday. I wonder how Kaepernick's performance would have compared to other QBs?

Last edited by WCH : 01-23-2013 at 06:59 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Would definitely make the combine more interesting.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-23-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
1) I don't disagree but it's how a lot of people feel

2) Baltimore's defense isn't great and SF's isn't as good as people say. Both are good defenses and SF's is very good. I wouldn't describe either as great

3) Ughhhh. The media orgy around these things are what is putting me off. Two brothers coaching has never happened before. Great for the Harbaughs. The Ray Lewis fuckfest is literally making me wretch at this point.

4) It's not the teams who are there that matter it's the match up. Would people be interested watching KC play Carolina?

5) It's an NFL forum. People are either going to talk about the Super Bowl or the draft, a lot of times both

6) People's feelings on some 49ers fans is from much more than just them being in the Super Bowl

7) Everyone's going to watch the game but that doesn't mean it's the most exciting game. It's the spectacle and the culmination of the season.

Responses in bold.

Look, people are going to watch, but it isn't the most exciting match up and the fact that a lot of outside storylines have already been beaten to death it's not ridiculous for people to not really be all that bothered
Numbered for my responses.

1) Fair Enough.

2) I meant great in regards to the season. Not all time. Ravens defense would have been better if they didnt have the injuries that they did throughout the season. 49ers defense is ranked in the top four, second in points allowed after SEA. I think that for the last two seasons, the 49ers defense has been great. Their rankings prove it. You get ranked in the top five by being crap. Ravens would have been higher too if they didnt have any injuries during the season.

3) Your opinion on the media is the same as mine was last year. Brady Brady Brady. Belichick. Belichick. Belichick. I wasnt even listening yet thats all I heard and the Giants pass rush and of course Eli. Maybe its just me but I ignore 90% of the media. No point in paying attention to it. Only time I'll watch media stuff is the day of the Super Bowl. Up until then, I dont even bother. You getting tired of hearing about Lewis is mainly because you're a Patriots fan and the Ravens beat the Patriots this year. Be honest. Most people here just bash fans of teams because those teams happen to be better than the teams of the people who are doing the bashing. And this is for now, not all time.

4) Would I be interested in KC/CAR? Quite honestly, no but at the same time, it also depends on what players are on the teams, who the coaches are, how they did in the season, etc. After all, the teams that get to the Super Bowl are at the very least good or they wouldnt be there, plain and simple. Either way, its football, its Super Bowl. I always watch it no matter what because while I dont care about some teams, like others, hate others, its still football and in the end, im a football fan.

5) Thats what the talk should be about. After all, it says Pro Football forum.

6) Fair enough. I guess all us 49er fans cant be good losers like SuperPacker or whoever else. Those guys are truly classy.

7) Again, thats the way it is every year. Those who love the matchup are fans of one of the two teams and those who dont love the matchup arent. Its that simple. All the other crap that goes on is an every year thing regardless of the teams. Most should do what I do, ignore it and just watch the pre-game and actual game.

In the end, to each his/her own.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, this is nothing new from this guy BBD.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** off. Go back to the 49ers forum, please.
People here hate 49ers fans but yet, those people are so damn classy, huh? LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Thank you!
Raiders fan hating a 49ers fan. Understandable and not surprising.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People here don't hate all 49ers fans. They only hate some (most?) of them. There's a "cool list" that's loved by all.

At least, that's what I've been led to believe.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
True and agree 100% but the problem here is that its because those who dont care is because their favorite team arent in the Super Bowl or were beat by SF or BAL to get to the Super Bowl. Most are just sore losers and cant admit it. If people are going to bash the 49ers/Ravens game, they should post actual valid reasons but instead, most just mouth off which does nothing more than make them come across as sore losers.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
People here don't hate all 49ers fans. They only hate some (most?) of them. There's a "cool list" that's loved by all.

At least, that's what I've been led to believe.
I dont understand why people even hate fans of other teams to begin with. After all, none of the fans are playing the games. There's not a fanbase of any team that I hate. Why would I? The fans dont play the games. I can understand hating a team because that said team is always in the way come playoff time and whatnot. Giants/Patriots fans for example. I can fully understand Patriots fans hating the Giants but I dont get hating the fans. After all, the fans arent responsible or the cause for what team wins and loses.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
True and agree 100% but the problem here is that its because those who dont care is because their favorite team arent in the Super Bowl or were beat by SF or BAL to get to the Super Bowl. Most are just sore losers and cant admit it. If people are going to bash the 49ers/Ravens game, they should post actual valid reasons but instead, most just mouth off which does nothing more than make them come across as sore losers.
But that isn't true.

And saying "i'm not massively interested in this game" isn't bashing the 49ers.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pissed off at the Niners for spanking my team, and I hate the Niners now for it.
But Dashon Goldson and Vern Davis are the only players I hate on that team.....although I don't like Jim Harbaugh.

Still, I am very much looking forward to this game because if anyone has a defense that can deal with this new Kaeped Krusader at QB, I think it might be the Ravens. It should be a great game, and with some good defense along the way, something I am UNaccustomed to witnessing.

I still don't know what happened with Ray Lewis and the 2 dead people so I don't hold that against him..... and I like Boldin a lot, Ed Reed, Ngata... don't like Bernie Pollard, but if he puts one of those Ridley hits on Vernon Davis, he might win me over.... I wish there was a way Pollard & Goldson could knock each other out..... both are head & ACL-hunters.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
This is dumb. Is it true for some people? Absolutely. But it couldn't be farther from the truth for me, and the same could be said for many other posters here too. You seem to confuse 'bashing' the game, with genuine disinterest.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Such a mighty assumption. Rule changes have nothing to do with why I'm not interested in this game. I just have no feelings (positive/negative) to either team. Usually one of them I will really like, or really dislike and therefore have a reason to cheer for one team or the other. This matchup I could not care less about who wins.
What about this?

Quote:
Go Ravens!!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So excited for football, superbowl!!!

I need the fix, last one of the season.

Going to be a hard hitting games, flags flying, guys getting decleated. I hope the Qbs don't decided to **** the bed. I would hate it if the qb plays turns into wildcard weekend.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What about this?
Was it not obvious what I was doing?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This quote is exactly my point. Its just people being pissed that "their" team isnt in the Super Bowl. Its amazing, the 49ers havent been in a Super Bowl in 18 years and yet, I have still watched every Super Bowl since the Niners won the last one. After all, its the Super Bowl. Granted, I'll cheer for one team or the other but even if there's two teams I dont care about, I still watch it. To me, it seems like majority here arent even football fans, they're bandwagons for their current favorite team but if that team loses, they dont care. I'll never understand that whatsoever.
And this post is exactly my point.

Quote:
But that isn't true.

And saying "i'm not massively interested in this game" isn't bashing the 49ers.
Or upset that "youre" team just isn't in the superbowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Was it not obvious what I was doing?
No. Enlighten me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
And this post is exactly my point.

Or upset that "youre" team just isn't in the superbowl.
Not sure which post you're agreeing with.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
No. Enlighten me.
It starts with