Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry is better. The dude had 22 touchdowns in 12 games. Let that sink in for a moment.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Moss legitimately quit on his team multiple seasons. That automatically disqualifies him from the discussion.
Haha. Michael Silver said this the other day on the radio and I agree. I mean when you start dogging it because your circumstances aren't ideal, well I don't think you can be considered the greatest receiver to ever play the game. Rice still was legitimate at 40 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rice wasn't a great teammate either. That's one of the bigger myths of his career. He gets the Michael Jordan treatment, where everyone is willing to forget and ignore his major character flaws just bc it was him.
How was Rice not a great teammate? He did everything you could essentially ask for from a teammate. And he didn't quit on the field regardless of the circumstances. Sure he got angry at times if he wasn't getting the ball, but all great receivers do that. Even the ones that aren't so great. When it's all said and done Rice really did care about the integrity of the game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-30-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss has a chance to show why he thinks he's the greatest WR of all time but even as a 49ers fan, I dont see him making the most of that chance.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rice is the best WR ever easily.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i was starting a team and could choose to have either of them in their prime, I'd go with Moss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Chris Culliver is a ******* idiot.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He really is.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
If i was starting a team and could choose to have either of them in their prime, I'd go with Moss.
And then he'd quit on your team since it would be sort of an expansion team that would probably suck.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
That's is just a ridiculous statement to make no matter how you define "prime." I would say a player's prime is maybe between the age of 26-30. During that time Rice had 80 more receptions, 1248 more yards, but one fewer TD. In the same time, Moss spent two years with his thumb up his ass in Oakland.

What about best 5 seasons? Rice still wins out, by 15 receptions, 343 yards, but one fewer TD (in four fewer games no less). Or maybe in the playoffs? Rice averaged 1.5 receptions, 10 more yards, and .05 TDs more per game in the playoffs. No matter how you define it, Rice's prime is better than Moss's prime.

If I knew Moss was actually going to have a good work ethic, I would choose him because he is bigger, faster, and more athletic. But you aren't going to get that. That is why if there is a question of who is the best receiver, or who you would take on your team, the answer is Jerry Rice. Any other answer is foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And then he'd quit on your team since it would be sort of an expansion team that would probably suck.
That's a pretty good point. Having a megastar receiver is nice, but when they start dogging it when the team is at a low, then what's the point?

Quote:
Old 01-30-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
How was Rice not a great teammate? He did everything you could essentially ask for from a teammate. And he didn't quit on the field regardless of the circumstances. Sure he got angry at times if he wasn't getting the ball, but all great receivers do that. Even the ones that aren't so great. When it's all said and done Rice really did care about the integrity of the game.
LOL integrity of the game. He recently accused his offensive coordinator in Oakland of intentionally throwing a game by involving him more than usual. Nothing like throwing your coaches under the bus and in some twisted way make yourself feel more valuable.

He is widely regarded as "Michael Jordan"-ish. He's a fierce competitive that wants to do anything to win. Would you regard Kobe as a great teammate? Same thing with Michael Jordan. They are competitors to the point where they have no qualms of being a douche of a person if they feel it gets them ahead.

That being said he's the greatest WR of all-time and for Moss to even claim otherwise is laughable. Perhaps if he had a commitment to the game and was willing to put 100% on every play he could have been but that ship has sailed.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the videos i've seen Rice didn't even look that good...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
LOL integrity of the game. He recently accused his offensive coordinator in Oakland of intentionally throwing a game by involving him more than usual. Nothing like throwing your coaches under the bus and in some twisted way make yourself feel more valuable.

He is widely regarded as "Michael Jordan"-ish. He's a fierce competitive that wants to do anything to win. Would you regard Kobe as a great teammate? Same thing with Michael Jordan. They are competitors to the point where they have no qualms of being a douche of a person if they feel it gets them ahead.

That being said he's the greatest WR of all-time and for Moss to even claim otherwise is laughable. Perhaps if he had a commitment to the game and was willing to put 100% on every play he could have been but that ship has sailed.
I think he merely either agreed with Brown, or didn't necessarily dismiss Brown's claims. But regardless, that doesn't mean that Rice was dogging it even in that circumstance. Rice never quit on the field. That's the major point here. If someone wasn't doing their job or if he wasn't getting the ball, he was going to complain, but all receivers do this. Cris Carter was notorious at this who mentioned he hated playing team sports growing up. He called out his teammates if they were sucking and was very critical. But he was honest and fair, and even though he might not have been the nicest teammate around, he was legitimate and was doing his best to win the game at all times. Rice is the same mold and was always a competitor and probably whined behind closed doors about a lot of things or maybe years later like what we are seeing now. A lot of these guys aren't necessarily in this business to make friends. They just want to win. Relationships are merely icing on the cake at times.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-30-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can people stop putting microphones in front of people from South Carolina(I know he grew up in NC)? We don't do too well with them.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey SP, come here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Can people stop putting microphones in front of people from South Carolina(I know he grew up in NC)? We don't do too well with them.
I am Ko Simpson with the Buffalo Bills. I am worth millions.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Have you seen this video?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just seen what Chris Culliver said...what an idiot.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Jerry is better. The dude had 22 touchdowns in 12 games. Let that sink in for a moment.
Yeah but that was before the NFL changed the rules to make the passing game easier...... wait a minute....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just seen what Chris Culliver said...what an idiot.
Yeah, there are some people that really just shouldn't....talk.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rice wasn't a great teammate either. That's one of the bigger myths of his career. He gets the Michael Jordan treatment, where everyone is willing to forget and ignore his major character flaws just bc it was him.
Well if you prefer making friends and being a nice teammate to championships, than that might be a big deal.

Jordan might have been a prick to teammates at times, but he produced titles and his competitice fire was key to that... and usually made his teammates better.

Same with Rice.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure, I think of Moss almost as a Barry Sanders type who was basically unstoppable, whereas I think of Rice as an Emmitt Smith type of consistent compiler over a long career. I think if we flipped the circumstances (Rice plays for the teams Moss played for and vice versa), we're not even having this conversation though. We saw what Moss could do in 2007 with Brady, and Rice played with elite quarterbacks for far longer; Moss essentially missed out on some of his prime years playing with guys like Kerry Collins and Matt Cassel. Moss with Montana/Young would have outproduced Rice with Moss' quarterbacks.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Daryl Washington can sing...

RIP themaninblack