Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-21-2013, 03:26 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Random Draft Thoughts/Predictions

- Barkevious Mingo goes top 10, maybe even top 7. Most explosive of the potential pass rushers and motor is not an issue. Put on good weight from last year and could fill out nicely in the NFL.

- Sam Montgomery doesn't get enough love. I wonder why and he wi be an interesting combine guy.

- Jonathan Cooper will not let Warmack have that top G title. Beast of an athlete for the position and might be a better pass protector already. Would have given DeCastro a run for his money. Might be the next best OL after Joekel.

- Zac Dysert and Landry Jones as 2-3 round prospects are more interesting than the guys in the first. Only QB I like for sure over those two is Wilson and Bray when he's on.

- Quintin Patton is the best WR you haven't heard of. Almost 2600 yards in two seasons with 23 TDs over 182 receptions. Savvy with good size.

- Logan Ryan is the best CB in this class.

- Kniles Davis is this draft's Arian Foster.

- Sean Porter is a good player too.

- Alex Okafor also seems to fly below the radar.

- Jonathan Hankins is a top ten prospect in this draft. Kris Jenkins type potential.

- DJ Flukers should come up as a G and earn a T role.

- The deep safety class is hurt a little by a mediocre CB top, though Ryan is a good prospect.

- Kevin Reddick is a potential Karlos Dansby. Karlos Dansby is a beast.

Sadly that is all.

Last edited by SenorGato : 01-21-2013 at 03:31 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:07 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
- Barkevious Mingo goes top 10, maybe even top 7. Most explosive of the potential pass rushers and motor is not an issue. Put on good weight from last year and could fill out nicely in the NFL.

I think Mingo will go top 10 as well. I don't think his tape is as bad as people said this year, he just didn't break out as many thought. Explosion, length and motor are 3 good things for pass rushers

- Sam Montgomery doesn't get enough love. I wonder why and he wi be an interesting combine guy.

I do not get the Montgomery love. Solid second rounder who should have been a top 10 guy.

- Jonathan Cooper will not let Warmack have that top G title. Beast of an athlete for the position and might be a better pass protector already. Would have given DeCastro a run for his money. Might be the next best OL after Joekel.

Love Cooper but I also love Warmack. I think both are top 10-12 players in this draft and I like both over DeCastro.

- Zac Dysert and Landry Jones as 2-3 round prospects are more interesting than the guys in the first. Only QB I like for sure over those two is Wilson and Bray when he's on.

Dysert is intriguing but I see Jones as simply a backup in the NFL with good tools. Tyler Bray is way too streaky for me to really like, although when he's good he's the best in this class

- Quintin Patton is the best WR you haven't heard of. Almost 2600 yards in two seasons with 23 TDs over 182 receptions. Savvy with good size.

I like him. Could be a second rounder

- Logan Ryan is the best CB in this class.

Disagree. Dee Milliner is the best CB in this class and then Xavier Rhodes

- Kniles Davis is this draft's Arian Foster.

Tough to say. A huge part will be the system he is drafted into but I think it is a stretch to think he will be as productive as Foster

- Sean Porter is a good player too.

Underrated player because he plays on a team with Joeckel, Matthews, Manziel and Moore. 2nd rounder who could rise

- Alex Okafor also seems to fly below the radar.

Doesn't play the run and this year's pass rushing crop is deep

- Jonathan Hankins is a top ten prospect in this draft. Kris Jenkins type potential.

Only when he wants to

- DJ Flukers should come up as a G and earn a T role.

Will be drafted as a OT and start day one on the right side

- The deep safety class is hurt a little by a mediocre CB top, though Ryan is a good prospect.

I'm confused at this point. I don't like the safety class either but I don't believe the CB class is relevant to that discussion. Though Reid, Vaccaro, Amerson, Elam should all be taken within the first 2 rounds. TJ McDonald, DJ Swearinger, Tony Jefferson and Robert Lester should provide some solid mid round options

- Kevin Reddick is a potential Karlos Dansby. Karlos Dansby is a beast.

Meh, he's ok, but then again I also think Dansby is overrated

Sadly that is all.
My thoughts in bold

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 01-21-2013 at 07:10 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is mine

- Mike Glennon is a perfect fir for Arizona
- Ryan Nassib will play in Buffalo
- EJ Manuel will be Chip Kelly's first QB choice
- 3 MLB's will go in round 1
- 10 WR's will go in the first 2 rounds
- Sheldon Richardson and Sharrif Floyd will go before Jonathan Hankins and John Jenkins
- Marqus Hunt and Mingo will bust
- Minimum of 2 TE's will be taken in every round
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only thought I have is Landry Jones sucks

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the Knile Davis love train as well....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My random thoughts:

Completely agree with the Patton shout-out. Very underrated and could be better than many of the more heralded receivers in the draft.

Stedman Bailey is another underrated WR. He plays bigger than his size, tracks the ball really well in the air, and makes people miss after the catch. He also has really consistent hands.

John Jenkins is the most overrated DT prospect in the draft. Is not as powerful a player his size should be and is not much more than a space filler in the interior line. Jesse Williams is a better NT.

Philip Lutzenkirchen could be a steal late in the draft. Excellent blocker in space with good athleticism.

I don't think Knile Davis will have experience much success in the NFL. Not that that is a controversial opinion, but I think he was overhyped to begin with.

Kerwynn Williams will be the best running back drafted in the later rounds. Excellent receiver both out of the backfield and split wide, solid blocker, and excellent speed and shiftiness. Could be an excellent third down back in the NFL.

Joseph Randle is overrated. Doesn't show great power between the tackles and is not very elusive. Decent contributor in the pass game, but is just not dynamic enough with the ball in his hands to warrant a pick before the 4th round.

Jamar Taylor will be the best CB in the draft taken after the 1st round. Impressive coverage ability.

Duke Williams is the most underrated safety in the draft. He is a very instinctive SS with coverage skills who can make a play on the ball. Just needs to work on his tackling form.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got Mingo going to the Cardinals, they need something on the outside and you have to account for Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick 4 times a year.

In the safety area Cooper Taylor out of Richmond could be a huge pickup for some team. He's a huge safety with range, Harrison Smith comparison might not be far off as far as upside is concerned.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I've got Mingo going to the Cardinals, they need something on the outside and you have to account for Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick 4 times a year.

In the safety area Cooper Taylor out of Richmond could be a huge pickup for some team. He's a huge safety with range, Harrison Smith comparison might not be far off as far as upside is concerned.
Taylor is real intriguing - huge for a safety and from all reports he was just as fluid as the other DBs at the shrine game. Ernest Shazor comes to mind but I recall Shazor ran in the 4.7 range and was not as fluid or athletic - a big hitter and not much else. Taylor seems to be the real deal at safety - he is damn intriguing but I think Harrison Smith and Taylor are two totally different types of player. Taylor is the kind of safety D-coordinators will really want due to his size and ability to cover TEs.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I should switch my RB choice to Christine Michael.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I do not get the Montgomery love. Solid second rounder who should have been a top 10 guy.
Quote:
Dysert is intriguing but I see Jones as simply a backup in the NFL with good tools. Tyler Bray is way too streaky for me to really like, although when he's good he's the best in this class
I officially like Bray more than either one now. Both have regular people hand size. Nassib as well.

Quote:
Doesn't play the run and this year's pass rushing crop is deep
I think he's a solid second rounder at worst. Legit potential at OLB in a 3-4.

Quote:
Disagree. Dee Milliner is the best CB in this class and then Xavier Rhodes
Fair enough, it should be stiff competition. Ryan might be the best CB athlete of all of them and viewed as such after the combine. That is saying something because all are 1st round caliber CB prospects. You can also tell Ryan has been very well coached. Might be the best prospect Rutgers has put out since Rice.

Probably right about Fluker, who I probably underrate. The safety point was dumb. Reddick can ball and might be my favorite 3-4 ILB prospect in the draft.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
zeeshan
Rookie

zeeshan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I HOPE that Dbrick drops all the way down to the Bengals. Then they can have two amazing OT on that already underrated O-Line!!

Last edited by zeeshan : 02-05-2013 at 07:02 AM.
zeeshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

I fully agree about Taylor
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the Knile Davis train as well. I actually love all three Arkansas running backs. Dennis Johnson and Ronnie Wingo as well.

1. I think Jonathon Cooper is going to be a bust.
2. Zach Ertz is the best TE in this class. He'll go top 20
3. Tyler Wilson will go top 10.
4. DJ Swearinger and Tony Jefferson will be the two best safeties in this class, No safeties will go in the first round.
5. Sheldon Richardson will be the first DT off the board.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Maybe I should switch my RB choice to Christine Michael.
No. I couldn't agree more on Knile. Might be my favorite RB in this draft.