Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Robbieb7
Rookie

Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.
Default Shawn Williams vs Bacarri Rambo?

Thoughts on which Georgia safety will be the better pro? From what I've seen, most people like Williams and say he is more NFL ready. I honestly like Rambo's upside more. Thoughts?
Robbieb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieb7 View Post
Thoughts on which Georgia safety will be the better pro? From what I've seen, most people like Williams and say he is more NFL ready. I honestly like Rambo's upside more. Thoughts?
I'd take Rambo 10 out of 10. Especially in the current NFL culture of pass-first offenses. Williams can certainly play SS but he is VERY comparable to Thomas Davis whom made the switch to LB. Only catch here is whether or not Rambo can avoid getting caught smoking pot.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like the movie Rambo, Baccari can save the day at the end but then you look back and realize he left a ton of casualties and damage on his way to saving the day. He'll give up a critical TD by missing a tackle or blowing a coverage, then he'll save the game with an INT or forced fumble late.

Rambo is a playmaker, but also gives up his share of plays. He's kind of reckless, but is very fun to watch play. I think he could be the best safety in this class if he goes to a team with a DC that can harness his ability and get him to slow down a little.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a huge Rambo fan myself. When you watch him, you just feel like he can make a play at anytime at any place in the field.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Just like the movie Rambo, Baccari can save the day at the end but then you look back and realize he left a ton of casualties and damage on his way to saving the day. He'll give up a critical TD by missing a tackle or blowing a coverage, then he'll save the game with an INT or forced fumble late.

Rambo is a playmaker, but also gives up his share of plays. He's kind of reckless, but is very fun to watch play. I think he could be the best safety in this class if he goes to a team with a DC that can harness his ability and get him to slow down a little.
I think this analysis is pretty good.

He looks to me like someone a good QB will pick on and I'm not sure about his ability to cover TEs. Because of this I don't think he'll go as high as his pure talent would leave you to believe.

He can only play SS and that's not a good trait for an NFL S.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I think this analysis is pretty good.

He looks to me like someone a good QB will pick on and I'm not sure about his ability to cover TEs. Because of this I don't think he'll go as high as his pure talent would leave you to believe.

He can only play SS and that's not a good trait for an NFL S.
Are you talking about Shawn Williams or Bacarri Rambo? If Rambo can only play one safety position, its FS, not SS. He's made his reputation as a center fielder, and that's what he'll be drafted upon. He's always been the one who plays deep for Georgia's defense, while Williams lines up near the box.

As for me, I'll just quote what I posted earlier on the topic;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Both had more hype coming into their senior season than their actual play justified. I chose Rambo ultimately because of his great junior year and the fact he really stepped up his game at the end of the season, whereas Williams struggled. Both could easily become starters with the right development.
In addition, apparently Rambo had a pretty good Senior Bowl.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 01-27-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Are you talking about Shawn Williams or Bacarri Rambo? If Rambo can only play one safety position, its FS, not SS. He's made his reputation as a center fielder, and that's what he'll be drafted upon. He's always been the one who plays deep for Georgia's defense, while Williams lines up near the box.
Yeah I was stumped thinking that he was talking about Rambo. Makes more sense if he's talking about Williams. I hope he is anyway.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote