Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where will Alex Smith be next season
Buffalo 5 4.63%
Cleveland 10 9.26%
Kansas City 47 43.52%
Jacksonville 6 5.56%
Arizona 25 23.15%
NY Jets 10 9.26%
Other: Who 5 4.63%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two 2s? Oh man, I'm sorry Vidae.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda hate Jerry Jones a little less today. Just a little. I would wanna throw myself off a building if I were a Chiefs fan. So Geno isn't worth #1 overall but Alex Smith is worth two 2's? Lolllzzzzz. Now I'm praying that AZ takes Geno and he turns into a beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy must think Alex Smith is a Kevin Kolb upgrade I guess.
An accurate mid range passer who struggles driving the ball downfield or outside the hashes.
I dunno. Maybe it works.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we really gave up two 2nds, this franchise can just die.

I might as well save myself some pain and become a Jets fan or something.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There really is no reason to continue supporting this franchise if you're a Chiefs fan.

Anyone who argues that there is a single positive here is just out of their mind. Nothing good will come from this. Nothing. The Chiefs are going nowhere.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In hindsight how good does this make McNabb look? Bc for a long time, McNabb's credentials have been shot bc we all assume he was a system qb under Andy Reid right?

Well, Reid really hasn't done **** with qbs with anyone outside of McNabb, and if Smith falls flat on his face you can count him as another fail.

I know this is hindsight talking, but if Smith fails under Reid, do we reexamine our stance on McNabb?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... was Andy Reid supporting this the whole time? This is more than what the 49ers had to expect from all of this, and hell of a lot more than any of us thought it would be.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith must have had the WORST combine interview ever with the Chiefs.
One day later and the Chiefs are dealing for Alex Smith??
Oh well.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just awful. Get out while you still can Bowe.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be disappointed as a Chiefs fan. Even if this year's QB class doesn't look all that great, I'd much rather roll the dice on getting a potential franchise QB than bring in a 29 year old QB who has had 1.5 good seasons out of 8.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the hate for this trade. Alex is way better than Geno, and probably always will be. Geno is massively overrated.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still draft a qb in this draft if I'm them. Smith should be nothing more than a holdover for whoever they draft.

But it doesn't seem like that's the plan.
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
There really is no reason to continue supporting this franchise if you're a Chiefs fan.

Anyone who argues that there is a single positive here is just out of their mind. Nothing good will come from this. Nothing. The Chiefs are going nowhere.
It sucks to be a Chicago fan, but at least we try. We traded a bunch for a young QB with actual upside. We drafted Rex, McNown, Harbaugh, and McMahon in the first round. The Chiefs haven't done anything of the sort in 30 years. And now they make an attempt and it's with ALEX FREAKING SMITH?????? I am completely indifferent to the Chiefs, but I legitiametly feel sorry for you guys.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be awesome if they still took Geno #1
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
I don't understand the hate for this trade.
They gave up WAY to much for him. Had they gave up a 4th and still grabbed a QB in the first two rounds I would be fine with it. This kinda deal shows that they want him to be "Their Guy" at QB no question.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't understand the hate for this trade. Alex is way better than Geno, and probably always will be. Geno is massively overrated.
It's about potential. Geno, whether he sucks or not, at least provides potential for the Chiefs to have a franchise qb in the future. We know Smith is mediocre at best and there's no future there. So the Chiefs are essentially settling for mediocrity instead of gambling on potential be good in the future.

That's not the right model of success. Unless you consider a ceiling of being 1 and done in the playoffs a good blueprint for success. Bc that's the ceiling of the Chiefs with Smith at qb.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'd still draft a qb in this draft if I'm them. Smith should be nothing more than a holdover for whoever they draft.

But it doesn't seem like that's the plan.
Had this been a mid-round pick, I'd agree with you. But two seconds (plus quite a bit of money) is alot to give up for a placeholder. They might draft one later as a developmental guy. But I'd be shocked if they drafted a QB before the 4th or 5th round, and you can't expect those guys to develop into Franchise QBs. If the compensation is true, the Chiefs are making Smith their QB for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who were they bidding against here? Who was going to offer up a 3rd even?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm praying that AZ takes Geno and he turns into a beast.
No, the true moment of hilarity would be the Raiders landing Geno, who then goes on to be a solid starter.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It gets harder and harder to be a fan of this team every day. They're so gutless, from top to bottom. Any good will that Reid and Dorsey had after being hired is instantly gone.

This means they're letting Albert walk and drafting Joeckel, so we're in the exact same situation as last year. The exact same.

This franchise is going nowhere.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
agreed, geno is going to fail in the NFL and while smith is no gem, this is certainly better than spending the next three years trying to talk yourself into geno as the future while he forces pick after pick.

i hope its not true that they gave up two seconds. if it was a conditional third that could become a second then id say its a slightly steep trade but an ok deal. Two seconds straight up is far too steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
In hindsight how good does this make McNabb look? Bc for a long time, McNabb's credentials have been shot bc we all assume he was a system qb under Andy Reid right?

Well, Reid really hasn't done **** with qbs with anyone outside of McNabb, and if Smith falls flat on his face you can count him as another fail.

I know this is hindsight talking, but if Smith fails under Reid, do we reexamine our stance on McNabb?
??? you sure about this?...

Vick looked a heck of a lot better under Reid
Reid was able to convince the Cards that Kolb was worth a second
People are talking about Foles like hes an actual NFL starter

and mcnabb absolutely bombed when he left Reid, he looked horrible without the walrus.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
They gave up WAY to much for him. Had they gave up a 4th and still grabbed a QB in the first two rounds I would be fine with it. This kinda deal shows that they want him to be "Their Guy" at QB no question.

The price for a QB is really high, as we've seen in the Kolb trade. Alex has proven much more than Kolb at the time of his trade and has shown that he can be a good starting QB. A second round pick isn't that big of a deal and is well worth the gamble on Alex. If Alex plays like he has the past two seasons, the Chiefs will be a playoff team. He doesn't command that high of a salary and only has two years left on his deal. If he sucks, you can move on quite easily.

In the other scenario, if you draft Geno and he turns out to be a dud, it's a huge waste. You guys will be in Jacksonville's or the Jet's scenario where you can't really get rid of the guy because you took him high and want him to work out, but knowing that he never will.

This is a much safer play and a play that has much more upside than drafting Geno #1.
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's like groundhog's day. How many times will this franchise go after anther retread QB?
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote