Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where will Alex Smith be next season
Buffalo 5 4.63%
Cleveland 10 9.26%
Kansas City 47 43.52%
Jacksonville 6 5.56%
Arizona 25 23.15%
NY Jets 10 9.26%
Other: Who 5 4.63%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"You're not familiar with the KC fanbase, but they're calling for heads now. Stability is not an issue. When you're a team who hasn't had a playoff win in over 11 years or drafted a QB in the first for 3 decades, things are different."

Yet the playoffs aren't the goal. Okay buddy.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're not the goal. They're clearly not the goal. It was an example of how bad the Chiefs have been over the years. I could have gone with "haven't won a Super Bowl since 1969." Would that have been better?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And apparently Smith will be their guy for the next few years. Just watch this work with Smith making three Pro Bowls within five years. It will be fun to bring this thread back up.
It will be even funnier when this is my sig quote in that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one wants to be proven wrong more than me, but with the history of this franchise I think that has a very small chance of happening.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
With the best defense in the league and a top 3 running game.

Which he won't have in KC.

The "Alex Smith" improvement ******** is about to end.
I like how everyone forgets this. Yea, because playing with the best defense in the NFL, the best offensive line in the NFL, the best running game, managing the game as an average QB is so hard right? Now I'll wait for a Niners fan to come in with stats and prove how their blocking was only 3rd best in the league and defense was ranked 4th in some stats so that's all wrongzorzz.

Point is, he has sucked nearly his entire time in SF. He has all those situations go in his favor, on top of a great QB guru and magically he looks better. Last year the guy hit UFA and nobody wanted him, half a season later he's SO good and worth two 2nds lol. Anyone defending this trade, have fun getting ridiculed throughout the 2013 season when the old Alex comes back.

Plus, can we stop with the "well he almost made the SB and who knows he could have beat Brady!11!!!". Really? So because he "almost" made a SB, now he's a good QB? That's good to know that only elite or really good QB's are the only guys who "almost" make SB's, and by saying that he "almost" made it, automatically means he's a good QB so I'll just use that as my argument over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if this was posted but via Kawakami :

Quote:
The 2014 pick moves from a 3rd rounder to 2nd rounder if Chiefs win a certain number of games, NFL source confirms
And kudos to Matt Barrows for coining the bottom of the first/top of the second as : Harbaugh, Harbaugh, Jaguars, Harbaugh.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I like how everyone forgets this. Yea, because playing with the best defense in the NFL, the best offensive line in the NFL, the best running game, managing the game as an average QB is so hard right? Now I'll wait for a Niners fan to come in with stats and prove how their blocking was only 3rd best in the league and defense was ranked 4th in some stats so that's all wrongzorzz.

Point is, he has sucked nearly his entire time in SF. He has all those situations go in his favor, on top of a great QB guru and magically he looks better. Last year the guy hit UFA and nobody wanted him, half a season later he's SO good and worth two 2nds lol. Anyone defending this trade, have fun getting ridiculed throughout the 2013 season when the old Alex comes back.

Plus, can we stop with the "well he almost made the SB and who knows he could have beat Brady!11!!!". Really? So because he "almost" made a SB, now he's a good QB? That's good to know that only elite or really good QB's are the only guys who "almost" make SB's, and by saying that he "almost" made it, automatically means he's a good QB so I'll just use that as my argument over and over.
Thank you. It's gonna be a long offseason. Btw JMike and the SF pose, it's gonna be a looooooooong offseason.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Rex Grossman made the superbowl. Hence, top 5 QB in the league.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
It will be even funnier when this is my sig quote in that time.
Yeah that would be a funny gesture if it did work out with Alex and KC. You're right.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we just burn any thread that ness or brodeur post in?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm starting to think that would be best.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JMike is the worst. Ever since I told him he's a moron he loves to follow me around.

Snowflake is cute, let's leave him out of this.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Alex with Andy. I think it'll be a really good combo and Alex is a perfect fit for the WCO. It really sucks for the fans, though. He's the 5th QB to go from the 49ers to the Chiefs and the Chiefs gave up a ton for him.

It'll be a real kick in the balls if the Chiefs draft Joeckel over Milliner.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No one wants to be proven wrong more than me, but with the history of this franchise I think that has a very small chance of happening.
Well in regards to Smith, I'm guess you guys are getting another Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, or Elvis Grbac. Smith will probably have a couple of decent years assuming there is adequate talent around him to work with. Andy Reid turned around the Eagles when he got there. He might do the same for the Chiefs. For some reason he feels Smith is his next guy and will fit what he wants to do. I wouldn't have given up a second round pick for him, at most a fourth. The good news is that the only team that is an obstacle in the division is Denver and Manning is retiring soon. At least there wasn't a cant-miss prospect that the Chiefs decided to move away from. I might have tried to get Ryan Fitzpatrick at a cheaper price though.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-27-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Smith only attempted 27 passes in the middle of the field in 2012. He attempted 114 sideline passes. He completed 69% of those 114 passes with 8.4 YPA, nine touchdowns and only two interceptions. That is a 113.8 passer rating. Try again
By 'outside the hashes' I meant a 20-25 yard out pattern. Alex doesn't throw those because he can't.

8 yards or less downfield along the sideline, yeah ALex is money with those throws.
Dinking and dunking.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry it's difficult for you to understand that getting to the free throw line is a skill.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Add abaddon and Jmike and ban the trolls and were good.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-Their line was very average last year, hardly THE BEST IN THE NFL
-Stop acting like he was carried in the playoffs or was some bum who rode his team. Is everyone refusing to acknowledge how well he played against the Saints? How insanely clutch he was? Guess it just fits the argument better. He didn't play poorly against the Giants either, despite what BBD wants to think. He has the tendency to show selective bias.
-He didn't suck most of the time, for gods sake you people need to stop pretending he was Brady Quinn for most of his career

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
JMike is the worst. Ever since I told him he's a moron he loves to follow me around.
LOL, who STARTED this thread we're both in here? You followed me in here not the other way around.

You also started it by calling me, as you said, a moron.
Thought that was against the forum rules. I guess not.

The Giants have eliminated my team from Super Bowls twice the past 6 years..... I still hold a grudge.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He wasn't as bad as Brady Quinn early in his career, but it's close. And only you and 49er fans disagree with that.

Alex Smith was a non factor before Harbaugh got there, and now Harbaugh trraded him. That should be pretty telling, but for some reason you're unable to get that.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One man's trash is another man's trash.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I love when people pull out one or a handful of games that are largely distinct from a QBs entire other body of work, and think that that somehow proves he his entire career wasn't what its perceived to be. First Sanchez, now Smith, joy.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Add abaddon and Jmike and ban the trolls and were good.
Basically the 4 of us who take a stance you disagree with, and don't back down like pus$sies

We Gotcha.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I love when people pull out one or a handful of games that are largely distinct from a QBs entire other body of work, and think that that somehow proves he his entire career wasn't what its perceived to be. First Sanchez, now Smith, joy.
Exactly this.

Congrats Alex Smith, you played well against the Saints. Neat. How were those first idk, 5 years in the NFL? Non-existant. Nothing worth noting.

Even Cassel had a few good games. Yipee.