Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIPS View Post
It'll cost the Raiders 500k more than his annual salary each of the next two years if they cut Tommy Kelly than just keeping him- He restructured last year- Only way Tommy Kelly will not be playing in Oakland is if they somehow manage to trade him and a team picks up his contract- I seriously doubt that happens-Oaklands very high on DT Bilikudi- however, it would not shock me if they did draft Star and paired him next to Kelly
Really? Because Bill Williamson is under the impression Kelly's cap number is over $11 mill and the Raiders would save $7 mill by cutting him. Where are you getting the info Kelly costs more if he is cut?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I like him as well, but there is no way I think he is ready for that. I'd rather have Star, eat the cap hit from cutting Kelly and have a nice DT rotation with Bryant and Bilukidi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
I'd be more than OK with that. Bottom line is: we have serious defensive needs. DL and DB in the worst way, oh and MIKE since McClain is a massive ******* turd lol
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment of a rotation at DT and drafting a guy like Star. You have to have at least one guy as your horse, especially after how awful this past season was. If you hit with Bilokudi and Bryant continues to improve, that's just another asset you have. If they both wash out a starters and you pass on upgrading the position when you had the chance this year, it puts the Raiders that much further behind.

The bottom line is the Raiders have to address the middle of their line. They need to get much more stout at the point of attack. They need guys who can take their blockers and stay in their gaps. Gap integrity broke down at the line of scrimmage even more often than with the linebackers if you can believe that. Drafting Star will really help with that aspect. Getting rid of Seymour and Kelly (or smacking some sense into Kelly) will help as well.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm. Looks like someone with a trained eye might share my favorable view of Patterson.

I look at teams in the top 10, and I notice a few that need a Patterson type on their offense. He plays a game similar to Percy Harvin but has more size and more agility. That is a scary combination if he is put in to the right scheme. Teams like the Jaguars (#2), Bills (#8), and Jets (#9) are all starving for playmakers. Patterson may not be a media-darling right now, but turn the tape on and watch how big of an impact he can have.

http://www.gbnreport.com/breakingdownthedraft.html
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Billick's mock has Patterson going to the Browns.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote