Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who do you think WILL be the Ravens Opening Night opponent?
New England, AFC Title game rematch 4 19.05%
Pittsburgh, Fierce Division Rival: Ben vs Joe 10 47.62%
Green Bay, Rodgers vs Flacco NFC vs AFC 2 9.52%
Houston, AFC's top seed most of the 2012 season 3 14.29%
Minnesota, the NFL's 2 Purple teams 0 0%
Other: who? 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 NFL Kickoff: ? at Baltimore; 7 months away

7 months away, and Baltimore will open the 2013 NFL season hosting who?

They host the Packers, Patriots, Texans, Vikings, and Jets, plus their 3 divisionals.
Of course, that includes the Steelers and Big Ben.

So realistically, it's down to:

-Patriots (45% chance IMO)
-Steelers (45% chance)
-Packers (9%)
-Texans (1%)

2014 Super Bowl Odds to Win
http://www.betvega.com/super-bowl-odds/

Denver Broncos
7/1

San Francisco 49ers
7/1

New England Patriots
15/2

Green Bay Packers
10/1

Baltimore Ravens
12/1

Seattle Seahawks
12/1

Houston Texans
14/1

Atlanta Falcons
18/1

New Orleans Saints
18/1

Pittsburgh Steelers
18/1

Chicago Bears
20/1

New York Giants
20/1

How the hell is Chicago as high as the Giants?
I'll take the Giants at 20-1, in an odd# season (2007 & 2011 champs).
Denver 1st overall? After the flop-choke-job this year with everything set on a tee for them? I don't see that.

Anyway, the Ravens will host 4 of those teams.
Who do you THINK will be the game that NBC gets for that Thursday Night Opener
Who do you WANT if different?

(BTW, in case you were wondering, Raven fans, their road games are:
Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Denver.
Rematch in Denver will get a high bid from NBC and ESPN.
I hope the game at Detroit is on Thanksgiving
.)

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 02-05-2013 at 10:51 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suppose they could put the Jets just for the New York and/or comedy factor.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As soon as I saw this thread I assumed we were slated to play the NFC North this year.

I'd love to see the Steelers play this one. Probably going to be NE though.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i voted for the Steelers because those games are always entertaining. But you could add Denver and even the Bengals to the mix

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns.....

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer non-divisional games to kick things off. Things are so screwy in Week 1. To have a team put in a potentially bad spot later in the year because of what happened in Week 1 isn't something that I like to see.

I'd actually like to see Atlanta v. Baltimore.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston would be a great test with how Houston steam rolled the Ravens this year and marquee matchup between Watt and Flacco, plus see the Ravens run defense without Ray Ray manning the middle, and you have all those Texan migrants on the Ravens who got rings.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Packers at Ravens. I'm a fan of non-conference primetime matchups because the teams face each other so rarely. I'm guessing it will be the Patriots though. Probably a better storyline involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'd actually like to see Atlanta v. Baltimore.
Atlanta doesn't play Baltimore next season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'd like to see Packers at Ravens. I'm a fan of non-conference primetime matchups because the teams face each other so rarely. I'm guessing it will be the Patriots though. Probably a better storyline involved.

Atlanta doesn't play Baltimore next season.
I agree with those non-conference marquee matchups.
I loved seeing San Fran @ New England.

But I think it will be the AFC Title game rematch of New England at Baltimore.

But they might want to save that game for later in the year.... and have the Ravens open with the Steelers here, and then finish at the Steelers in week 17.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we really need two threads trying to predict the week one scheudle? Whatever, Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the Steelers.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote