Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:54 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Navorro Bowman: Unequivocally The Best Player On The 49ers Defensive Unit

patrick willis can do it all. tackle, disrupt the run, and cover. he's an absolute terror with incredible range, but he does not seem to display nor possess the same tenacity and aggression as navorro bowman. previously i had the stalwarts on the 49ers defense ranked: 1A patrick willis 1B Justin Smith 1C Aldon Smith but after this season and most notably the post-season, bowman is by and large the best player on this defense. he is a class-act, a truly unfathomed warrior. i hate to see an image like this:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...ti-shower.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkwKjjQ3myQ

teams cannot run on the 49ers period. yes, you will have your occasional back breakout after having exposed the D to a long drive (what defense wouldn't), but you can bank the under on any opposing backs total and expect to cash that ticket. while this is a result of a concerted effort, bowman clearly leads the pack in serving as a given plays decisive disrupting force.

he plays with a fervor willis use to display. for some unknown reason, willis has become complacent. he does just enough to get the job done, but does not go above and beyond; at least consistently enough (something an ALL-PRO future hall of famer should be doing at all times).

as daunting as this may sound, the niners might be better served moving willis. this is merely a hypothetical suggestion.

opponents can only beat the 49ers through the air and the 49ers know this. Its difficult having both willis and bowman out on the field at the same time especially when the opposing offense plays 4 wide outs. unfortunately, you just cannot take either one off the field. It is for this reason, that the 49ers need to pursue darrelle revis this offseason - especially if he is made fully available by the jets. you dont want the contract? you don't want to win the superbowl. The 49ers should at no point, consider drafting a corner within the first 3 rounds of this years draft. this team is undoubtedly built to win NOW and no rookie corner will elevate the position to where it needs to be.

while the ideal scenario would center around trading alex smith and possibly a high to mid-round pick for revis, a maneuver like that is unlikely to happen as the jets know that the 49ers have to not only move smith via either trade/release, but will probably give him some say as to where that will be. Given the opportunity, I would deal anyone on the def aside from aldon smith and bowman for revis in a marquee for marquee player swap in the mold of champ bailey for clinton portis. a situation that may not be as outlandish as it may appear.

Last edited by Swoll_Cat : 02-05-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me get this straight, you want to trade away Patrick Willis or someone not named Aldon Smith and/or Bowman plus draft picks in some sort of deal so that we can somehow try and acquire Revis, a player that is coming off a devastating knee injury and is going to increase his asking price sooner rather than later? Sorry, I think that's a really dumb idea and I don't see it going over well with the locker room. I'd rather see who is in the draft, maybe hunt down some free agents that can help the team, and build around the guys we currently have. Bowman is a good player, but he's not so good that he warrants trading away Willis. We have a good thing going right now. Now isn't the time to panic and try to pull a Deion Sanders move. I don't think having Revis would have necessarily helped the team win the game tonight. Sure he wouldn't have been targeted, but someone else would have. The league spreads everyone out now in passing situations. Revis erases one guy, but what about the other three or four receivers on the field? I'll take my chances with those draft picks getting another OLB or more help on the defensive line.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 02-04-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Let me get this straight, you want to trade away Patrick Willis or someone not named Aldon Smith and/or Bowman plus draft picks in some sort of deal so that we can somehow try and acquire Revis, a player that is coming off a devastating knee injury and is going to increase his asking price sooner rather than later? Sorry, I think that's a really dumb idea and I don't see it going over well with the locker room. I'd rather see who is in the draft, maybe hunt down some free agents that can help the team, and build around the guys we currently have. Bowman is a good player, but he's not so good that he warrants trading away Willis. We have a good thing going right now. Now isn't the time to panic and try to pull a Deion Sanders move. I don't think having Revis would have necessarily helped the team win the game tonight. Sure he wouldn't have been targeted, but someone else would have. The league spreads everyone out now in passing situations. Revis erases one guy, but what about the other three or four receivers on the field? I'll take my chances with those draft picks getting another OLB or more help on the defensive line.
what are you talking about? hunt down what free agent? acquiring revis would serve as a means of augmenting what we already have. hard to discern what truly is a dumb idea when you suggest drafting "another OLB." this team is LOCKED and LOADED...you looking to bolster depth or what.

carlos rodgers could very well be released as a cap casualty, CB and DT are by and large 1A and 1B heading into the off-season. and willis plus what? yeah maybe if that means coupling david harris in the deal too

otherwise, %$^& trading willis if you dont have to (you know that sherlock, hypotheticals are hypotheticals for a reason). if you can pull a dime like revis for a qb you have to move anyway and a pick thats going to have a hard time cracking the roster then you do that

Last edited by Swoll_Cat : 02-04-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post
what are you talking about? hunt down what free agent? acquiring revis would serve as a means of augmenting what we already have. hard to discern what truly is a dumb idea when you suggest drafting "another OLB." this team is LOCKED and LOADED...you looking to bolster depth or what.

carlos rodgers could very well be released as a cap casualty, CB and DT are by and large 1A and 1B heading into the off-season. and willis plus what? yeah maybe if that means coupling david harris in the deal too
I don't mean make a big splash in free agency, but do what we've done the last two seasons which is build our depth through the draft and free agent players that don't break the bank. Again, I don't see Revis securing the win against the Ravens or guaranteeing our chances at a Super Bowl victory in the future. All you have to do is NOT throw at him. I'd rather use the resources we have and build up the defensive line which has been lacking in recent weeks. Another OLB wouldn't be bad all. Look at what happened this season with Aldon Smith and Brooks having to play almost all the snaps with little to no quality depth behind them. It was ridiculous. Getting another OLB with pass rush ability would make us more flexible in that regard. Or drafting another corner early. Or a DL for rotation. Especially since Justin Smith is getting older. I'll take my chances with that strategy instead of giving a king's ransom to try and obtain someone who is coming off a huge knee injury and will milk the 49ers FO for all it's worth. Someone is going to make the mistake of giving away all their bread for Revis. It won't be San Francisco.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

to supplement my assertion, CB WILL BE ADDRESSED this offseason. you think the coaching staff is oblivious to the positions age and deficiencies?

Culliver Was Easily Worst CB Of Playoffs: San Francisco 49ers' cornerback Chris Culliver was targeted by opposing quarterbacks once every 4.2 snaps in coverage during the playoffs.

Cullver allowed 2.96 yards per coverage snap, which was more than a full yard more than Tramon Williams, who was second worst.

Culliver also made controversial comments about whether the 49ers would welcome a *** player in their locker room on Super Bowl media day.

REVIS island surfacing near the bay LETS GO
Old 02-24-2013, 02:45 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Bowman, but have to disagree. We mainly run man, and 'Bow takes the RB, Willis takes the TE (this is generalizing but a basic idea).

It's just way easier to notice Bow (and harder to notice 52) because of this. RB's get way more carries than TE's get targets.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the viewpoint of a division rival in Seattle, I have to agree.

Bowman is the LB on that team that frustrates me the most. He's a stud.
Closed Thread