Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-02-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Michael Turner

I think giving up a fair bit in a trade but not our first would be worth it, i think the kid is special and could really create another dimension in our offense
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do a "Schaub like deal," for him, I will be ticked. Swap first rounders, and maybe trade our third too. Thats it. We'd get Turner, and whichever WR fell to us at 30. They'd move up to 19, and get Reggie Nelson/whoever they'd be wanting to trade up to get. That would put a smile on my face.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
If we do a "Schaub like deal," for him, I will be ticked. Swap first rounders, and maybe trade our third too. Thats it. We'd get Turner, and whichever WR fell to us at 30. They'd move up to 19, and get Reggie Nelson/whoever they'd be wanting to trade up to get. That would put a smile on my face.
I agree.

If we straight-up trade our 1st & 3rd for Turner (which is what his current tender is), I too will be disappointed. From what we've seen, Turner looks like a good RB; however, you can never be certain how a backup RB will respond to becoming the full-time RB (see Troy Hambrick, Kevan Barlow, etc.--good backups that ended up sucking when given the starting gig)...

Here's what I'm thinking as a possible scenario:
TITANS get:
RB Michael Turner
1st Round Pick (#30)

CHARGERS get:
1st Round Pick (#16)
3rd Round Pick
Conditional pick next year if Turner meets certain on-field accomplishments (i.e. gets X amount of carries or yards or whatever).
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat
TITANS get:
RB Michael Turner
1st Round Pick (#30)

CHARGERS get:
1st Round Pick (#16)
3rd Round Pick
Conditional pick next year if Turner meets certain on-field accomplishments (i.e. gets X amount of carries or yards or whatever).
That would work, except we have the #19 pick.

If the trade goes:

Titans Get:
-RB Michael Turner
-Pick #30

Chargers Get:
-Pick #19
-Pick #83

That would value Turner at a mid-second round pick(47th overall, to be exact). Thats about how I would value him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want him.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I agree.

If we straight-up trade our 1st & 3rd for Turner (which is what his current tender is), I too will be disappointed. From what we've seen, Turner looks like a good RB; however, you can never be certain how a backup RB will respond to becoming the full-time RB (see Troy Hambrick, Kevan Barlow, etc.--good backups that ended up sucking when given the starting gig)...

TITANS get:
RB Michael Turner
1st Round Pick (#30)

CHARGERS get:
1st Round Pick (#16)
3rd Round Pick
Charger fan here, I would like this trade too (with the #19 pick) and think it would work well for both teams, what kind of conditional pick would you be considering giving up though (how high or how low)
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Charger fan here, I would like this trade too (with the #19 pick) and think it would work well for both teams, what kind of conditional pick would you be considering giving up though (how high or how low)
I was thinking 3rd rounder with the potential of becoming a 2nd rounder if he hits certain requirements...

Thus, best-case scenario for the Chargers (in this hypothetical deal) would be that they receive a 1st rounder (actually...they would be moving up in that round by exchanging 1st round picks), 2nd rounder (next year), and a 3rd rounder.

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 04-03-2007 at 06:31 PM.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
I was thinking 3rd rounder with the potential of becoming a 2nd rounder if he hits certain requirements...

Thus, best-case scenario for the Chargers (in this hypothetical deal) would be that they receive a 1st rounder (actually...they would be moving up in that round by exchanging 1st round picks), 2nd rounder (next year), and a 3rd rounder.
If I was AJ Smith I would hop all over that...I would still even like it if it was just a 3rd or 4th conditional pick, but I think with a 2nd round possibility like that, especially for a guy like Turner, who Chargers fans have no doubt could hit the incentives....I think that would be very hard for SD to turn down. If only we were the GMs...haha.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ypu guys can have him!!! :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Gotitansfreak10

this would be a great idea for us. our two most needed 1st positions are the most depth positions in the draft (DE and WR). id like to get Jarrett and with the way his stock is dropping it might be possible to get him at 30, or sydney rice, although he might be available for our 2nd round pick.

as for turner, i think he could be a top 10 back in the league. 6 yards per carry?! if we get him and a good reciever we are set on offense. then can focus on the defense for this years and next years draft.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How aboout this trade?

Titans recieve:
Michael Turner
2nd round pick(#60)

Chargers recieve:
2nd round pick(#48 i believe)
2008 2nd round pick
and another pick i'm not sure a third rounder is right though

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:56 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

swap firsts, give them a 3rd and a conditional next year. To some it may be alot, but im sorry when you get a 5' 10" back at 237 who can run the way he does you do not miss that opportunity. He can be a workhorse, he has little ware on his tyres, he will instantly make our offense one of the better in the league.

I really am that high on the guy.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:58 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
swap firsts, give them a 3rd and a conditional next year. To some it may be alot, but im sorry when you get a 5' 10" back at 237 who can run the way he does you do not miss that opportunity. He can be a workhorse, he has little ware on his tyres, he will instantly make our offense one of the better in the league.

I really am that high on the guy.
Haha, its nice to see fans of other teams actaully high on the same RB we are...most fans think people who like Turner are on crack.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Haha, its nice to see fans of other teams actaully high on the same RB we are...most fans think people who like Turner are on crack.
Yup...I love Turner as well. I mean come one, the kid is a 5'10" 237 lb bull that actually has speed. He runs hard, breaks tackles, rarely goes down on first contact, and then runs away from people. I wish LenDale ran with authority like that. I think Turner would be perfect for what Fisher wants to do.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The value of the picks involved comes more down to what competition is out there for Turner's services than anything else. I think as low as a single 2nd could land him as SD would surely agree getting anything for him is better than nothing when he's a FA after 2007. If they wait until after the draft they're risking the teams in need of a HB finding one in the draft lowing the demand. Not to mention a pick for this upcoming draft sure beats a pick for the 08 draft should they wait until the season is closer.

As far as I see it, if the Chargers want something for Turner, they have 23 days to get something sorted. I see the Titans' interest in Dillon as half bluff to convince SD they have other options and half serious should Buffalo or another team go overboard on the trade offer or even actually give up a 1st and 3rd on the RFA tender.

At first, I was a little skeptical that White was really overweight as I try to believe as little info between Feb and the draft as possible, but if it's true, going after Turner would also hopefully send a message to the team once again that relaxing thinking you have a job secured is ill advised.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have the pick of the litter of WR's at #19 then dropping down to #30 and getting whats left over. Meachem and Ginn would create a dynamic offense and one of them will be available at 19. They would give Young a go-to guy for many, many years and give us a recieving core that wouldn be one of the best. I really do like Turner, he is everything you want in a RB, but to go down to the end of first and lose a third is not great value. Hopefully we can sucker San Diego into just a second rounder plus another pick, then all this becomes moot point

Quote:
Old 04-04-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
gianttitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I would rather have the pick of the litter of WR's at #19 then dropping down to #30 and getting whats left over. Meachem and Ginn would create a dynamic offense and one of them will be available at 19. They would give Young a go-to guy for many, many years and give us a recieving core that wouldn be one of the best. I really do like Turner, he is everything you want in a RB, but to go down to the end of first and lose a third is not great value. Hopefully we can sucker San Diego into just a second rounder plus another pick, then all this becomes moot point
I agree. I think Turner's going to be a great starter, but I don't want to trade back to a position where we may miss out on a playmaking wide receiver. A second rounder and maybe a conditional pick next year.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Tha rizzock needs more cowbell.

I dont know why this dude gets so much hype. He goes in when team are usually tired and hes a change of pace guy for LT. The last change of pace back they had was Jeeie chatman who averaged 6 yards a carry behind LT. Dont forget they have an all pro Line too. I think hes worth a late third early 4th nothing more IMO.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rizzock View Post
I dont know why this dude gets so much hype. He goes in when team are usually tired and hes a change of pace guy for LT. The last change of pace back they had was Jeeie chatman who averaged 6 yards a carry behind LT. Dont forget they have an all pro Line too. I think hes worth a late third early 4th nothing more IMO.
I think he's basically where Lamont Jordan was a few years ago when the Raiders got him only with slightly better ability.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Tha rizzock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I think he's basically where Lamont Jordan was a few years ago when the Raiders got him only with slightly better ability.

I dont, lamont didnt have an all pro line other then kevin mauwae. Turner cant catch and he doesnt have nearly as many carries lamont had.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally I don't think turner is worth more than what the Ravens gave up for Willis Mcgahee. I think the Titans moving back in the first round and giving up a 3rd rounder is way to much compensation for a career back up player who was always fresh coming off the bench to relieve LT. I would give a 3rd this year and maybe a 2nd rounder next yer because the Titnas has to many holes to fill.

The titans still need a Pass Rushing DE, #1 WR & a replacement Corner for Pacman Jones.
HorusKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorusKing View Post
Personally I don't think turner is worth more than what the Ravens gave up for Willis Mcgahee. I think the Titans moving back in the first round and giving up a 3rd rounder is way to much compensation for a career back up player who was always fresh coming off the bench to relieve LT. I would give a 3rd this year and maybe a 2nd rounder next yer because the Titnas has to many holes to fill.

The titans still need a Pass Rushing DE, #1 WR & a replacement Corner for Pacman Jones.
I dont think cornerback is still the most pressing need. We have Nick Harper at #1, sadly Reynaldo Hill at #2 and Cortland Finnegan at the slot, who I think will surprise many people. We won't need to replace Pacman because no matter what, he won't be cut from the team, just to see him go to another team that would gamble with All-pro talent.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I dont think cornerback is still the most pressing need. We have Nick Harper at #1, sadly Reynaldo Hill at #2 and Cortland Finnegan at the slot, who I think will surprise many people. We won't need to replace Pacman because no matter what, he won't be cut from the team, just to see him go to another team that would gamble with All-pro talent.
Ok with that said who will the Titans go after and do they need to overpay for RB -Turner? Willis Mcgahee is a way better talent than a career backup and the ravens only gave up two 3rd rounders to get him. I think that the Titans have to address the defense that was dead last in the NFL and they are going to lose pacman for at half the season or maybe more. Here is my mock up what they should do in the first four rounds.

1. DE- Jarvis Moss - Florida
2. CB - Marcus McCauley - Fresno St.
3rd rounder sent SD for RB. Mike Turner.
4. MLB - Brandon Siler - Florida
4. DT - Kareem Brown - Miami
HorusKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

I agree with you, the defense must be improved in this draft, but I believe the top defensive ends will already be gone by our pick, and Moss I think will be nothing more then a decent, if not solid starter. With that said, it is possible to gamble in the second and pick up Quentin Moses or Lamar Woodley, who should be able to gain some muscle and be a good fit for the 4-3. I say this is how the draft should go(no trade for Turner)

1.Robert Meachem/Ted Ginn Jr.
2.Quentin Moses
3.Lorenzo Booker
4.John Wendling
4.Samson Satele

Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rizzock View Post
I dont, lamont didnt have an all pro line other then kevin mauwae. Turner cant catch and he doesnt have nearly as many carries lamont had.
Turner's line consists of two pro-bowlers, not an all-pro line just a good one. And where is this proof that he can't catch?