Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-05-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Tha rizzock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Turner's line consists of two pro-bowlers, not an all-pro line just a good one. And where is this proof that he can't catch?

Look at his games and you will see your proff and not only that he had mcniel,hardiwck,dielmen and goff who were all pro bowlers.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha rizzock View Post
Look at his games and you will see your proff and not only that he had mcniel,hardiwck,dielmen and goff who were all pro bowlers.
Excuse me, I've watched every Charger game over the past three years, I know his line is good but hardly all-pro. Dielmen was not a pro-bowler, nor was Goff. And tell me how he isn't a good reciever out the backfield?
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Excuse me, I've watched every Charger game over the past three years, I know his line is good but hardly all-pro. Dielmen was not a pro-bowler, nor was Goff. And tell me how he isn't a good reciever out the backfield?

goff or kris were alternates becuse you guys had a load of O-line in the pro bowl. They dont throw to turner for a reason dude your either a homer charger fan trying to overate turner or your blind and neglect the fact he never gets passes out the backfield.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
goff or kris were alternates becuse you guys had a load of O-line in the pro bowl. They dont throw to turner for a reason dude your either a homer charger fan trying to overate turner or your blind and neglect the fact he never gets passes out the backfield.
Okay, I'm a Charger fan....

"He never gets passed out of the backfield"
.....he is still a backup you know. We have this guy LT who goes in for most of the games, raiders fans should be familiar with him. When Turner goes in it is usually to run the ball, but just because they don't throw it to him does not mean he can't catch like you said. I think it's a little less likely right now that I am being a blind homer, but you feel it necessary to downgrade Turner because he is a division rival.

Just because someone hasn't done something in the past does not mean they cannot, that is just pure speculation on your part with no real evidence. Calvin Johnson has not caught a pass in the NFL either, does that mean he can't do it? You should use facts rather than blindly throwing out false information to make an argument.

Edit: By the way, your reasoning that Turner is worse than Lamont in '04 (prior to becoming a Raider) because he couldn't catch is extremely flawed. Lamont had 15 catches in 04. That is better than Turner but Lamont hardly established he was a recieving threat with <1 rec. per game in 04. Plus Lamont was used in more games, and in much more of a platoon role than Turner has been so he was given many more opportunities to recieve the ball.

Last edited by JK17 : 04-05-2007 at 07:05 PM.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't trade nothing more than a 3rd for turner, he has yet to prove anything other than the fact that he ran well against are suck ass run Defense and he ran well after LT wore down the defense of the opposite team. I wopuld rather sign CB back, atleast he has proven more.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
I wouldn't trade nothing more than a 3rd for turner, he has yet to prove anything other than the fact that he ran well against are suck ass run Defense and he ran well after LT wore down the defense of the opposite team. I wopuld rather sign CB back, atleast he has proven more.
You're absolutely right about Chris Brown being proven...

A proven injury-risk, that is...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
You're absolutely right about Chris Brown being proven...

A proven injury-risk, that is...
I not saying he the guy for the Titans(Even though CB i do think could have a pretty good season behind this OL), i'm just saying he has proven more than what turner has.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I not saying he the guy for the Titans(Even though CB i do think could have a pretty good season behind this OL), i'm just saying he has proven more than what turner has.
So who else are we gonna get if we can't get Brown back? Corey Dillon doesn't have much, if anything left. And Turner may be unproven, but he's more proven than any back we'd get in the draft.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
So who else are we gonna get if we can't get Brown back? Corey Dillon doesn't have much, if anything left. And Turner may be unproven, but he's more proven than any back we'd get in the draft.
I still say we take Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd if he is still available. A small, shifty little back who has a low center of gravity but plenty of speed to compliment LenDale

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
HorusKing
Rookie

HorusKing hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Look guys I say we sign Dillion for one season and draft either Antonio Pittman or Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd as the change back for Lendale & Dillion instead of wasting a 3rd on turner. We can address this next year if none of these guys work out. Remember Defense wins championships and the Titans have to address the pass rush early to take pressure off the secondary.
HorusKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was just joking...(hence, the smilie at the top of my previous post)...
Old 04-05-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dillon will want to start if he comes here. He won't want to play the mentor/complimentory role, and split carries. Its why he left New England.

Whether or not we get Brown back will be determined if he gets signed with Buffalo. If Buffalo signs Turner, we'll sign Brown. If we sign Turner, Buffalo signs Brown. Thats how I see things turning out.

That being said, I'd rather have Turner. Brown is injury prone, and was apparently 3rd on our depth chart behind Henry and LenDale for a reason. I've seen Turner play a little, and I believe is a high character guy(Or so I've heard...but he's obviously a good RB, and knew he would always be second to Tomlinson in San Diego, but I never heard a word from him in the media or that he ever asked for a trade; Something many others would do). Plus, he adds new life/competition to our running game. I'd trade a 2nd for him, or a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year which could turn into a second.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Turner Highlight Reel

This was posted in another thread on TitansCentral. A poster in it said Turner resembles Maurice Jones-Drew.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Tha rizzock
Rookie

you guys should go tony hunt
Old 04-06-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont, lamont didnt have an all pro line other then kevin mauwae. Turner cant catch and he doesnt have nearly as many carries lamont had.
Well, besides the fact I was comparing them as similar players as backups and not their situations, of course the carries won't be the same - Turner will have spent 3 seasons as a backup, and Jordan spent 4. In their last two seasons as backups they both had about the same amount of carries.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Turner Highlight Reel

This was posted in another thread on TitansCentral. A poster in it said Turner resembles Maurice Jones-Drew.
The only thing caught my eyes was the run against the bears, other than that his big gains were after the game was well in hand(Bills and Titans) and against god awful defenses (Titans). If we can get tuner to sign a seven or eight year deal before he is traded, i would be fine with trading a third round pick for him, and that could become a second depending on playing time this season. But that is all i would give for him

Old 04-06-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rizzock
you guys should go tony hunt
Hunt is the same type of back as LenDale, except slower. We don't need two power backs.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
VYTitans

Also I wouldn't mind much if we missed out on Turner, but it also wouldn't be a bad thing if we drafted Booker or my boy, http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_N4jeoGz2M, Garrett Wolfe. He may be undersized, but he is a big haelp in the passing game, he's fast enough to outrun people and make them miss, but he's also not afraid to run into defenders.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
schmiddog
Veteran

schmiddog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Hunt is the same type of back as LenDale, except slower. We don't need two power backs.
I hope that the Titans don't even think about drafting Tony Hunt. Aside from Peterson and Lynch, there are really no backs worth drafting to get a lot of carries, with the exception maybe being Kenny Irons. I really hope we get Turner in FA, Chris Houston in the 1st round, and Sidney Rice in the 2nd round.
schmiddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Turner was re-signed, which takes his restricted free agent tender go away. So now, he's tradeable. And John Clayton has stated that a trade has been agreed with between the Chargers and an unknown team who would be trading their 1st round pick for Turner.

Think its us?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did he say it was for the 1st round pick straight up? Cause I would be pissed then. If it's us, I really hope it's a switch of 1st rounders and an additional pick/future pick. And as y'all know, I hope we get him.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I just read that the offer is a 2008 1st round pick. I wouldn't mind that as much. I want him.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I dont want us to give an outright #1 draft pick for him. who knows what could happen next year. If (god forbid) vince goes down for the season we could be the worst team in the league and basically hand the chargers the #1 pick of next years draft. now if we were to swap first rounders this year id have absolutely no problem with that.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I don't want to trade a '07 nor '08 1st rounder for this guy. I think he's a good player, but look at the RB's available in next year's draft. Darren McFadden, Ray Rice, Steve Slaton, Jonathan Stewart, and Mike Hart. Next year's draft is stacked at RB. Not to mention its filled with other great talent. I'd just hate to go 6-10 this year, get a Top 10/Top 15 draft pick, only for San Diego to have the rights for it.

Swap first round picks, and throw in a 4th rounder.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

I read somewhere else that the rumor is that it's the Packers and NOT the Titans who are acquiring Turner (in exchange for a 2008 1st rounder)...

Not sure if that's true...just what I heard...