Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Minter vs. Te'o vs. Ogletree: Who's the #1 MLB??

Te'o is the biggest and slowest of this bunch. He appears to have great leadership and diagnostic skills at his post. How do you ranks these players and who do you think will be the first off the board??
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all 3 are different types of players.

I probably like Minter the best. Te'o doesn't have great coverage abilities but is very good at recognising things pre and post snap. Ogletree is the new type of LB in the NFL. Converted DB who can run but I worry about him when he gets a body on him. I think all 3 are late first round type players though

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Minter the best. Ogletree struggles vs the run, can look foolish vs playaction and isnt all that physical. But his potential is through the roof.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's interesting that CJ Mosley has been left off.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
It's interesting that CJ Mosley has been left off.
CJ Mosley is returning for his senior season at Bama

Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are looking at 3 first rounders, who will be the best in the NFL is anybodies guess. Right now, I believe Te'o will be drafted the highest and if he can put every thing behind him, he should dominate as a pro. He'd have gone top 10 before the mess, now we'll have to see if the pros still think he has leadership qualities.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It isn't outrageous at all to think that this Te'o incident will really impact him at the next level. I have a hard time believing people will look to him as a leader.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
It isn't outrageous at all to think that this Te'o incident will really impact him at the next level. I have a hard time believing people will look to him as a leader.
I definitely agree, at least initially. If he comes into the league and lets his play speak for him then in a few years I don't see why he can't be a leader (other guys have done worse), but it's definitely something that will be struck off initial evaluations of him

Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You never know how things will turnout. A leader is a leader is a leader, if he comes in as a pro and plays well, it will all be forgotten and his leadership skills will rise to the top. If he is a mediocre pro, then nobody will even care about his leadership ability because his teammates won't respect his skill level.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ogletree would be great for a team that plays from the nickle all game long.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like teo the best, then minter for the steelers

Teo just has it all and could play all over in all 4 spots. Hes compliment timmons very well on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Arthur Brown
Ogletree
Brown
Minter
Te'o
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Arthur Brown

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minter is my top inside linebacker. He's got the measurables you want, but more importantly for me is his play recognition. He seems to always know where the play is going, and how to get to the ball the quickest.

I think Te'o is overrated, but not a bad prospect. He's first round talent, but this GF hoax will have an unknown impact on his stock. I would certainly be skeptical of him as a face of my franchise, and how he would mix with the locker room.

Ogletree I would rank below those two guys. Yes he has great athleticism for his position, but at the expense of strength and physicality. He can roam sideline to sideline, but if you get a blocker on him, he's effectively neutralized. In addition, power backs give him trouble. I think he gets taken in the first, but more because of potential than play.

And since Arthur Brown is been mentioned, I'll go ahead and comment on him. I think he has a good future in the pros, so long as he gets to the right system. He's a bit small for a linebacker, and there are very legitimate questions of how he'll deal with blockers. I've seen him use his athleticism to finesse his way off of blocks(not a bad thing), but then I've also seen him just routinely swallowed up by them. I think if he gets placed in a 4-3 with defensive tackles who can occupy blockers in front of him, he'll be a good player. I'm not so sure how he'll fair however in systems like the 3-4. We've recently seen smaller linebackers that weren't supposed to work in a 3-4 excel there(Bowman), so I wouldn't write him off, I'd just be hesitant. I'd overall rank him below Minter, in competition with Te'o for the number two spot.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 02-04-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the problem with Te'o is that he was run over in the Alabama game. If all this stuff came out and he played with his hair on fire, no one would care. The fact that he rolled over like a beaten dog is what's killing his stock.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
the problem with Te'o is that he was run over in the Alabama game. If all this stuff came out and he played with his hair on fire, no one would care. The fact that he rolled over like a beaten dog is what's killing his stock.
Sometimes I wonder if part of that was because he wasn't mentally in it due to the impending **** storm he knew was coming his way. Not trying to make excuses for the raping he took for four quarters against Alabama, it's just something to think about.

Feed Moncrief
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder if part of that was because he wasn't mentally in it due to the impending **** storm he knew was coming his way. Not trying to make excuses for the raping he took for four quarters against Alabama, it's just something to think about.

I agree but the league wants it's middle linebackers to get angry not get sad. Adversity is gonna happen... for example Adrian Peterson ran a 4.3 the day after his brother died. How you deal with adversity is what these guys are looking for.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is the best fit to play in the 3-4 beside Cushing?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree but the league wants it's middle linebackers to get angry not get sad. Adversity is gonna happen... for example Adrian Peterson ran a 4.3 the day after his brother died. How you deal with adversity is what these guys are looking for.
I agree, I'm not defending him. I just wonder how much that had to do with his piss poor performace.

Feed Moncrief
Old 02-04-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
Who is the best fit to play in the 3-4 beside Cushing?
Minter would be the logical choice to me, I could see Wade Phillips loving Minter's game. I also think Ogeltree could do well there, they could use an explosive guy who can make plays in coverage at linebacker.

Feed Moncrief
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown reminds me the most of Ray Lewis. He's smart, instintful and in college, both were about 6'1" 230 and would get swallowed up by bigger lineman at times.

I love how people act like Ray Lewis was an all-pro coming out of college.

Arthur Brown to me is best in a 4-3 defense, but he could potentially play very well in a 3-4, smaller guys like Navorro Bowman was this way, but he was asked to blitz a lot in college. Lawrence Timmons was this way also
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
I agree, I'm not defending him. I just wonder how much that had to do with his piss poor performace.
it probably had everything to do with his performance. but this is a league where guys get arrested and play awesome the next game.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I hope Ogletree shows up at the combine weighing over 240# and just blazes his 40.

Like Lawrence Timmons had to when he was drafted out of FSU, he's going to need to get stronger and bigger. None of these other guys has his upside.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And that's what I question about him, his anger. When he gets pushed, does he want to push back? Should not be a question for ANY MLB.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote