Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
A lot of people questioned Harvin's durability when that move happened and got shut down. Just saying.
Yup - It was why I figured no team would give up a 1st rnder for him along with giving him the huge contract.

This would about do it.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the pick, Seahawks! :)
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. He's not going to do a thing for us, is he? On the upside, we don't really need him.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My alma mater had to change their name "Indians" to "Crimson Hawks."

I found it rash, due to the fact that the University is in a town named Indiana which means "Land of Indians."

City of the land of the Indians Colts better watch out!

But, I also feel that "Redskin" could very well be racist.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Ugh. He's not going to do a thing for us, is he? On the upside, we don't really need him.
Ehhh. He would have taken your offense to the next level. I would say you guys need him for the current goals of your front office and fans.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They did just fine without him, but it's still a lot to invest (both money and draft pick) for a guy thats always hurt.

If it were my decision and doctors told me it was a 3-4 month timetable to get him back 100%, I'd do that. The Seahawks will still win games without him. I'd target for him to return after the bye week. It'd honestly be such a different offense once he returned that it could carry them to a super bowl. If it is worst case scenario surgery would likely mean sitting out the whole season.

By my understanding, this was all done prior to training camp and I wonder how long this has been going on and what caused the injury in the first place? Was it just training or something else?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he just gets the surgery now. No need to mess around trying to get second opinions and "see if it heals" if the docs say he needs surgery. Anything else is a football player's wishful thinking. He's been having hip issues since OTAs. Just get if fixed.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seahawks fans get me every time. "Don't really need" your biggest offseason acquisition now because you're pretty good now? It really didn't take much for Seattle fans to pound their chest every chance they got.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right after he got that mega money deal too. Dude just can't stay healthy.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Seahawks fans get me every time. "Don't really need" your biggest offseason acquisition now because you're pretty good now? It really didn't take much for Seattle fans to pound their chest every chance they got.
we went 11-5 without him and were a botched defensive play away from the NFL title game. So, no, we don't really need him. Signing Percy was fuel for Super Bowl talk, but no one expected him to take us all the way to the top. We were just about there last year with a young team. So keep talking ****.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:49 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we went 11-5 without him and were a botched defensive play away from the NFL title game. So, no, we don't really need him. Signing Percy was fuel for Super Bowl talk, but no one expected him to take us all the way to the top. We were just about there last year with a young team. So keep talking ****.
I don't see how it's not a valid comment. Last year was great but it was last year.

Sophomore slumps aren't unheard of, especially for QBs. Can you expect Lynch to carry the ball 300+ times this year again average 5+ per carry? Who is going to rush the passer? Irvin is suspended 4 games and Clemons is coming off an ACL. Sure you brought in Avril and Bennett but there's a reason neither guy got a mega contract. Who is a difference maker in the passing game without Harvin?

And yes, the Seahawks finished 11-5 last year, and yes teams do need some luck, but you had the Packers debacle, and then got a gimme from the Pats when Tavon Wilson decided not to cover anyone.

I'm not saying the Seahawks won't be very good this year, and maybe a favourite for the Superbowl, but to say they were young and good last year, therefore they will be a year older and year better this year is ridiculous.

What if the breaks don't fall for Seattle this time?

Lost in all of this, in a very tough division, all 3 teams other than the Seahawks had at least 1 first round selection in the draft (Stl had 2), yet the Seahawks didn't pick until the end of the 2nd round and took a back up RB despite having a top RB and a very good backup already.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

I have real confidence in Golden Tate, and I can condense my answer into that. He and Russell Wilson have a legitimate rapport. There are sophomore slumps, and then there are QBs who get increasingly better as the season goes on. I also have faith in Russell Wilson. Marshawn Lynch is 27, in his prime, and there's no real reason to think he should decline, and in addition to that he's going to have some actual, legitimate backups to spell him this year and keep him fresh. the defense has aged one more year, and with their youth that age is like wine. They've got two new defensive pieces which fit what the Seahawks do. Yes, I'll wish Percy Harvin was playing but if he doesn't there's no reason to expect a regression without him.

There are breaks in every game. All game. That's football.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have real confidence in Golden Tate, and I can condense my answer into that. He and Russell Wilson have a legitimate rapport. There are sophomore slumps, and then there are QBs who get increasingly better as the season goes on. I also have faith in Russell Wilson. Marshawn Lynch is 27, in his prime, and there's no real reason to think he should decline, and in addition to that he's going to have some actual, legitimate backups to spell him this year and keep him fresh. the defense has aged one more year, and with their youth that age is like wine. They've got two new defensive pieces which fit what the Seahawks do. Yes, I'll wish Percy Harvin was playing but if he doesn't there's no reason to expect a regression without him.

There are breaks in every game. All game. That's football.
I agree, and I'm not saying the Seahawks won't be a very good team this year, however I think there are enough question marks to be a little concerned, especially with Harvin out.

Yes breaks happen in all games and bad plays can happen. So if we disregard the Pats game and just look at the Packers game. 99.99 times out of 100 the call goes for Green Bay. That would leave the Seahawks at 10-6 and I'm not sure of how it would have worked but it would have been a 3 way tie for 2 spots between Minny, Seattle and Chicago.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
how, specifically, is being called a redskin, a term used by europeans to refer to native americans based solely on the color of their skin, a term that would possibly make ANYONE proud of their heritage? what inane nonsense.

why is it always middle class white kids who think people should stop being offended by things? you get no say in what offends me as a jew, and i wouldn't tell a black person to stop being so offended because you want to call him a ******.
SO MUCH THIS.

Hey guys, what if my people raped and pillaged your land, basically wiped your entire race off the face of the country, then named a football team called the Crackers and then had the nerve to tell you that you shouldn't be offended by it? How would that feel?

But hey it's ok, don't worry. After raping your people for like 200 years, some of our people are like 5% white so we're totally one of you. Don't feel bad about it because we're not offended by it. You shouldn't be either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
There are seriously still people who don't think Redskins is racist?

George Marshall put a condition in his will stating that no money could go to "any purpose which supports or employs the principle of racial integration in any form"

But you guys are right, he probably took a temporary break from being a bigoted douchebag to name the team with the intentions of "honoring" native americans.
Sounds like a model citizen. Get over it. This happened like 50 years ago.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would literally be the equivalent of Germany having a pro soccer team called "The Kikes". No one would stand for that to be allowed after the Holocaust. What the whites did to the Native Americans was mostly less systematic, but more devastating than what the Nazis did to the Jews, blacks, ****, gypsies, communists, and everyone else.

End of the day, it doesn't matter to me really, and I am a middle class white man (who is also Jewish). I'm not going to tell anyone how to do anything or what to believe. This issue doesn't really mean that much to me, but I personally believe it is incredibly insulting. I guess I'm choosing to focus on the shaky US economy, fragile Middle East wars and civil unrest, the fact that our government is dysfunctional and not focused on problem solving, and the fact that our industrial food complex in this country is systematically poisoning and over-feeding our people in the name of higher profits.

The above stuff actually matters to our society. While changing the Redskins name would be nice, it falls wayyyy down on my priority list.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
It would literally be the equivalent of Germany having a pro soccer team called "The Kikes". No one would stand for that to be allowed after the Holocaust. What the whites did to the Native Americans was mostly less systematic, but more devastating than what the Nazis did to the Jews, blacks, ****, gypsies, communists, and everyone else.

End of the day, it doesn't matter to me really, and I am a middle class white man (who is also Jewish). I'm not going to tell anyone how to do anything or what to believe. This issue doesn't really mean that much to me, but I personally believe it is incredibly insulting. I guess I'm choosing to focus on the shaky US economy, fragile Middle East wars and civil unrest, the fact that our government is dysfunctional and not focused on problem solving, and the fact that our industrial food complex in this country is systematically poisoning and over-feeding our people in the name of higher profits.

The above stuff actually matters to our society. While changing the Redskins name would be nice, it falls wayyyy down on my priority list.
I agree that it's not a high priority, but that also shouldn't change the fact that it can easily be corrected. If we can make something better in our society, we should do it. Especially if it's easily correctable.

War, economy, etc is a lot harder to fix. This is not a difficult change to make.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The term 'Redskin' isn't hurting Snyder's bottom line, it would be costly (probably around $20 million) to make a name change, and a poll done a while back showed that only about 10% of Native Americans find the term offensive today. Nothing is going to change and really it shouldn't have to.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
It would literally be the equivalent of Germany having a pro soccer team called "The Kikes". .
it is literally not equivalent to that at all...slightly similar, but lets pump the brakes on the dramatics
Old 07-26-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure, but it's a private company owned by an unceremonious douchenozzle. To be fair, most billionaires are douchenozzles, but Snyder has been especially moronic in his business dealings with the Skins and outside.

Anyway, as I said before, this is a market issue. If the public and the market stops going to games and buying gear and buying food/drink at the stadium, the Redskins will change. Otherwise, nothing will change because there is not too much bad press, and the money keeps getting bigger each year.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 07-26-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
it is literally not equivalent to that at all...slightly similar, but lets pump the brakes on the dramatics
How is it not equivalent?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Because we gave the native american casinos
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Because we gave the native american casinos
And syphillis.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
It is pretty much exactly the same thing, but there is no point getting into the specifics. I'm not one to get dramatic ever. Let's not define my prior post by 1 sentence. I noted several points that are far more important and relevant than what you quoted.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That term originated in the US when Jewish immigrants couldn't write their names so they put a circle, or "kikel" as they called it.

I don't claim to know everything regarding the matter, but I don't think the term is used many places other than the US and don't believe it is found to be as offensive in other areas.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
That term originated in the US when Jewish immigrants couldn't write their names so they put a circle, or "kikel" as they called it.

I don't claim to know everything regarding the matter, but I don't think the term is used many places other than the US and don't believe it is found to be as offensive in other areas.
That's not the point. It doesn't matter where the words originate from. If it's an offensive term for a certain ethnicity, then it's offensive. Period.

Like njx stated, we're not entitled to tell other people what offends them. If someone is offended, they're offended. Who the heck are we to tell them they can't be offended by something?

That's social arrogance in its highest form.