Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And another one goes down for PED's

Quote:
NFL suspended LE Jarvis Jenkins four games for violating the league's policy against performance enhancing substances.
It's a particularly big blow to Washington's defense because No. 3 end Adam Carriker may miss the enter season following a third quadriceps surgery. Jenkins, the Redskins' second-round pick in 2011, made 15 starts last year, including the playoffs. Pro Football Focus gave him high grades as a run defender. The Redskins are suddenly thin at defensive end, with Kedric Golston, Phillip Merling, and Chris Baker now competing to be a Week 1 starter.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
A few of the posts responding to the video use the terms "entitled" or "entitlement". I think the sense of entitlement, especially among younger people, is because parents spoil their children so much these days and never tell them "no".
She's not even young, nor is there really much evidence to suggest that people are more entitled now than in previous generations (if you want to go back hundreds of years, sure, but I don't think there was a more entitled group of fat ******* than the baby boomers).

Anyway, it's far more sad that an adult would care that much about a signed piece of paper from someone famous.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
And another one goes down for PED's
Must have been "adderall"....lol
Old 07-26-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Must have been "adderall"....lol
Yeah, just using a little Adderall to, you know, study the playbook.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too lazy to see if this has been posted, but Jon Beason restructured and took a pretty significant pay cut this year. Base salary drops from 5.25M to 1M, although the rest of the contract stays the same.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Jon Beason fan. Too bad injuries have kept haunting him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Luckily all of St. Louis' receivers suck so even if it happens, it won't really be a loss.
I have a feeling you won't be saying that for very long.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's everybody view on the talk of moving to LA again? Seems like it comes up every few years, but is it really needed?

I don't think the people of LA really care that much about football, it's not like the NBA where it's a popularity contest to be seen court-side at games. I know LA is a HUGE market, but I don't think the football market is huge.

Only 6 teams are in the true "western" United States. There still seems to be a rather large market that is getting ignored that LA wouldn't be first priority on my list.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always sort of wondered if LA can support one NFL team, but not two. I have no facts or data to substantiate that, it's just something that I've always wondered about. The Rams were in LA for 35 years before the Raiders came to town, and then 12 years later both teams moved. The other major league teams in the past 60 years that have spent time in LA were the Chargers for one year and a USFL team for a few seasons.

I guess I've wondered if the Raiders basically split a market that was only big enough to support one big league football team.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I've always sort of wondered if LA can support one NFL team, but not two. I have no facts or data to substantiate that, it's just something that I've always wondered about. The Rams were in LA for 35 years before the Raiders came to town, and then 12 years later both teams moved. The other major league teams in the past 60 years that have spent time in LA were the Chargers for one year and a USFL team for a few seasons.

I guess I've wondered if the Raiders basically split a market that was only big enough to support one big league football team.
This is my wondering as well. Oakland to LA is about 5 hrs, San Diego to LA is about 7 hours. It seems like there'd be a market judging by the population and what not, but I just don't think LA is a pro football town.

There's states that are huge college football states that aren't pro football states, this may be the case with LA. Some states just don't care as much about pro as they do college.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
This is my wondering as well. Oakland to LA is about 5 hrs, San Diego to LA is about 7 hours. It seems like there'd be a market judging by the population and what not, but I just don't think LA is a pro football town.

There's states that are huge college football states that aren't pro football states, this may be the case with LA. Some states just don't care as much about pro as they do college.
Wait, what?
7 hours from SD to LA, how fast are you going, like 10 mph?
Its 120ish miles, basically 2ish hours.

Now Oakland/SF to LA is about 5 hours.

Honestly, I don't see anything happening unless a team relocates. No new teams will be implemented, not any time soon I'd imagine.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not send a pro team to Oregon hell with LA.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:32 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Vaccaro looking good in camp. Really excited about him.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Wait, what?
7 hours from SD to LA, how fast are you going, like 10 mph?
Its 120ish miles, basically 2ish hours.

Now Oakland/SF to LA is about 5 hours.

Honestly, I don't see anything happening unless a team relocates. No new teams will be implemented, not any time soon I'd imagine.
HAHa my apologies, I meant San Diego to Oakland.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Actually, I have thought of that many times. Oregon would support a franchise right out of the gate and they would sell out every game. It would also make for a natural rivalry with Seattle. Between the Huskies-Ducks and (what used to be) Sonics-Trailblazers, there is enough hatred to make every Oregonian buy a ticket.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I have thought of that many times. Oregon would support a franchise right out of the gate and they would sell out every game. It would also make for a natural rivalry with Seattle. Between the Huskies-Ducks and (what used to be) Sonics-Trailblazers, there is enough hatred to make every Oregonian buy a ticket.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not gonna lie.. I would love to see pics or video from this: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...er-how-to-swim
Old 07-29-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Anybody confirm this is real?
Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If thats real, Franklin will beat him out.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes it is, and it's just a really bad angle and the comaprison is with pads and without pads

there's countless vine vids from packers writers on twitter from the first few days of training camp and he looks fine. If he came into camp that out of shape he wouldn't be practicing right now because he would have failed conditioning
Old 07-29-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It is real, but it's also just a bad angle.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D0B... dTimfNr5v.mp4
Old 07-29-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
If thats real, Franklin will beat him out.
He will either way. He's a much better fit for that offense, is the more explosive back and with that make shift line GB has Lacy isn't going to have the same type of lanes to run through that he did at Alabama. Plus Franklin has a better college resume, what he did at UCLA was far more impressive then what he did at Bama and if the roles were switched Lacy would look like just another back at UCLA.

It won't be long before Franklin is the starting back there, and that's not even mentioning Lacy will be nicked up or injured every single year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fraklin fits better into our offense anyway.

It might be time to replace my avatar of Eddie's beautiful smile with Franklin's equally beautiful smile.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's also wearing baggy shorts in one picture, and yellow tight pants in the other.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leach returns to baltimore. That was a must with Pitta injury