Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
but the majority of people saying ***** are black.
Hey. You. Stop talking.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, how bout them Cowboys?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Let's get back to talking about injuriezzz shall we?

LochNess, what say you on that?
I think you should drop that idea like Finley drops passes.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley went from one of my favorite TE's to one of my least favorite, not only because of the drops, but because he then celebrates the 7 yd catches.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
billybeejr
Rookie

billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.billybeejr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
but the majority of people saying ***** are black.
Big shocker youre from Louisiana.

And its not a big deal that he said the word, its a big deal he said it with violence attached to it. Not all black people use the word. Stop letting stereotypes form your opinion on people.

The world is bigger than the sum of your life experiences.
billybeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybeejr View Post
Big shocker youre from Louisiana.

And its not a big deal that he said the word, its a big deal he said it with violence attached to it. Not all black people use the word. Stop letting stereotypes form your opinion on people.

The world is bigger than the sum of your life experiences.
Firstly he said the majority of the people who say the word were black not that majority of black people said the word large difference. But I will say that if this forum could have an open and honest discussion on race relations in america it would likely be beneficial to all involved but that will never happen on the internet.

So I will try to limit my comments directly to cooper's situation. Tank Carder got a slap on the wrist when he used a slur for homosexuals but yet Cooper is expected to lose his career over a slur. The fact that more people are offended by uttering the real life equivalent of the name of lord voldamort and yet shrug off something like a DUI or assault doesn't feel right to me. Every year thousands of people die in drunk driving accidents I doubt many people have died saying that word.

I'm not sure if this section of the post is ok or not so mods feel free to delete any or all of it if needed but I tried to walk the line as much as possible.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

White kids love saying the n word, they just know to check their surroundings first.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Tank Carder got a slap on the wrist when he used a slur for homosexuals but yet Cooper is expected to lose his career over a slur.
I share your feelings regarding everything except this.

To me, the behavior is just as abhorrent. The difference, and it's significant, is that 80% of Tank Carder's teammates weren't homosexual.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

To me, the behavior is just as abhorrent. The difference, and it's significant, is that 80% of Tank Carder's teammates weren't homosexual.
I think that it depends on who's point of view you are looking at. The League shouldn't take action they have already shown their hand on this. If on the other hand the Eagles decide to cut him to keep team unity then there is a different story.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

To me, hate speech is hate speech. If you don't care when someone uses a slur against another race/orientation, you shouldn't care about a slur against your own race/orientation.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe I forced myself to read the past two pages. Back to Off Topic I go.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw on NFL Network a poll on who fans would rather start a franchise with. The 3 in question were Colin Kaep, Cam Newton and Dalton, Dalton won the vote with 37 percent of the take. It was close but the fans seem to like Andy which is surprising.

what QB would you take?
Old 08-04-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post
Just saw on NFL Network a poll on who fans would rather start a franchise with. The 3 in question were Colin Kaep, Cam Newton and Dalton, Dalton won the vote with 37 percent of the take. It was close but the fans seem to like Andy which is surprising.

what QB would you take?
It shouldn't be to surprising - two years in the league - two years in the playoffs and he has improved each year. The criticism of Dalton is baffling considering he has been better than both Newton and Kaepernick so far. I guess he just doesn't have the omgzzzzzzzzz upsidezzzzzzzzzzz
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
It shouldn't be to surprising - two years in the league - two years in the playoffs and he has improved each year. The criticism of Dalton is baffling considering he has been better than both Newton and Kaepernick so far. I guess he just doesn't have the omgzzzzzzzzz upsidezzzzzzzzzzz
His arm is brutal and a better QB would go further with that team.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Kaep or Newton over Dalton any day of the week.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMyJob View Post

what QB would you take?
Sort of a random threesome to compare. I guess Luck, Griffin, Tannehill and Wilson weren't available.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Sort of a random threesome to compare. I guess Luck, Griffin, Tannehill and Wilson weren't available.
Not random at all. Those 3 are heading into their 3rd seasons, the 4 you mentioned are 2nd year qbs.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dalton probably comes in 3rd in that group just because his ceiling is a lot lower than the others for a long term outlook. I'd probably take Kaepernick even though he has only started 7 games. I've never been much of a Newton fan so I'd roll the dice on Kaepernick.

Dalton has been pretty damn good so far in his first two years. Good td/int numbers and has made the playoffs both years. Sure he got his ass kicked in the playoffs but that often happens with young QBs. I just think he still has a lot of potential to grow still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know how anyone could even consider taking Dalton over Kaepernick or Cam Newton. Dalton throws a terrible deep ball and may have already hit his ceiling.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick led a team to the Super Bowl, and I would think that'd make him the easy choice. Dalton doesn't have eye popping physical ability, but he's a steady, intelligent quarterback. Newton is someone I have never been a fan of, and I wouldn't want him being my quarterback.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Dalton but definitely not over Kaep or Cam.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Kaepernick a lot. In fact, of all the young QB's in the league that have yet to fully establish themselves, he scares me the most. I might consider choosing him over any QB in the league if I was starting a new franchise, assuming we are talking about the real young guys. It would probably come down to him or Luck.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick looked great in his time last year and his tools are top notch, but I just want to see more of him before I completely buy in. He only really has 11 games where he took significant snaps. The situation in SF isn't the worst and the read option also takes some pressure off him. This full year should give us a lot more answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, he fell into the perfect situation and was given a lot of tools to succeed that other QB's aren't. What I like about him besides all the tangibles is his decision making. It seems that he almost always makes the right decision when a play breaks down, he is what I call a "head's up" player. Yes, he needs more time and experience. But I didn't see him make a lot of those "rookie" mistakes.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were starting a franchise from scratch and my first choice was one of those QBs I would likely take Kaep, however it isn't cut an dry for me. Dalton doesn't have the upside of either guy, but looking back through the last decade the best QBs haven't been the guys with the highest upside, hell bear in mind when Peyton Manning was coming out of the draft a lof of people preferred Leaf because of his upside. You don't need to be 6'6 with a cannon and be able to run a 4.3 to be one of the best ever, as guys like Manning, Brady and Brees have shown. None of those guys have an arm like Flacco or Cutler but how many would take either of those guys over the 3 future HOFers?

Kaep is in a perfect situation in SF. With a monster O-line, great run game (which Kaep adds to), Vernon Davis and a decent WR corp last year led by Crabs and he was put in the best possible situation.

Newton to me would be the 3rd guy I would choose. I feel a lot of his stats are from shot plays when the Panthers are down and he gets a lot of goal line TDs. I'm not sure I would take Newton to run any offense other than what he is doing now.

Dalton, last year had the benefit of throwing to AJ Green who is a unanimous top 3 WR in the league. However, who else is there? Gresham has been such a disappointment and BJGE is a solid runner but not much of a threat to take over a game. With guys like Bernard and Eifert joining the offense I think Dalton will look a lot better this year. Whether they have enough to go further in the playoffs remains to be seen, however I would put Cincy atop the AFC North this year, but it's all about if they can beat the Broncos, Pats or Texans in the postseason.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote