Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me a break.

Quote:
It’s become commonplace in the NFL for players who make a big play to spin the ball on the ground in celebration. But this year, players are being warned that there’s a fine line between celebrating and taunting — and if they cross that line, it’s a 15-yard penalty.

Reports today from members of the media at Vikings camp and Panthers camp indicate that referees working training camps are warning players that they’ll be penalized if they taunt opponents by spinning the ball.

This is not a new rule: The 2012 official playing rules listed examples of prohibited acts that will result in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, saying, “These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation; or dancing.”

But the fact that officials at two different training camps made a specific point of mentioning spinning the ball suggests that officials will be stricter about enforcing that rule this year than they were last year.

One player, Panthers receiver Steve Smith, even said he’s working on ways to continue his ball-spinning celebrations while staying within the rules. Smith, and every other NFL player, would be wise to err on the side of caution. Players may enjoy spinning the ball to celebrate, but no celebration is worth 15 yards.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-a-penalty/

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess there's not much difference between that and spiking it, so it makes sense for both to be treated the same.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Reshad Jones 4 yr 30 million dollar deal.

I loved him coming out of UGA and hate that the Bengals didnt take him to this day..

Probably the best SS in the NFL right now
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't see a problem with it if's its after a td, it's not necessary after a good play and should be penalized for that, but a td has the clock stopped anyways so I say celebrate away
Old 08-06-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Probably the best SS in the NFL right now
Jones is legit, but give me Kam Chancellor instead.

Like people are saying with Jones freefalling in the draft, I couldn't believe Kam falling to the 5th rnd after watching him at Vtech.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:19 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulaga gets to miss another season and now because of a torn ACL.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 08-06-2013 at 03:25 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:43 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

Like people are saying with Jones freefalling in the draft, I couldn't believe Kam falling to the 5th rnd after watching him at Vtech.
I remember doing some film study of Kam Chancellor before he came out, and my impression was that he wasn't great in man coverage but had good athleticism and football sense, and also had the ability to really lay the wood and was a reliable tackler. I actually started a thread asking if people thought he's make a good linebacker; he has the ability to cover tight ends, but athletic, fast wideouts seemed to give him trouble in college. In Seattle he really benefits from having Earl Thomas to take care of the middle of the field and they play him down in the box a lot. I think he's probably in the perfect situation in Seattle, because the scheme and the players he plays with allow him to play to his strengths. I don't know if he'd be as good on another team, although I'm not sure there would be many better fits than himself for the role he occupies on the Seahawks. I think he was actually playing free safety at VT, though.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 08-06-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There was no lockout last season.
Oh, that's right -- it was 2011.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Eagles and Pats scrimmaged today and Cooper went off, team was behind him for most of the practice giving a "Cooooooooooooooooop!" chant after every catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
So the Eagles and Pats scrimmaged today and Cooper went off, team was behind him for most of the practice giving a "Cooooooooooooooooop!" chant after every catch.
define "went off".
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A) His teammates intensely backing him doesn't surprise me one bit.
B) What WR couldn't go off against the Patriots secondary?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
define "went off".
Probably caught a pass over 10 yards
Old 08-06-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Probably caught a pass over 10 yards
Or 18 yd catch on a 3rd and 29.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
define "went off".
Three touchdowns, and supposedly upwards of 100 yds.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Three touchdowns, and supposedly upwards of 100 yds.
Well it wasn't like he was going up against an SEC secondary. (just kidding, sort of)
Old 08-06-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet the Eagles can't wait to draft Marquise Lee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I bet the Eagles can't wait to draft Marquise Lee.
they should be good enough to play .500 ball, which will put Lee out of reach.

If they could get everyone healthy their receiving corps would be pretty good.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I remember doing some film study of Kam Chancellor before he came out, and my impression was that he wasn't great in man coverage but had good athleticism and football sense, and also had the ability to really lay the wood and was a reliable tackler. I actually started a thread asking if people thought he's make a good linebacker; he has the ability to cover tight ends, but athletic, fast wideouts seemed to give him trouble in college. In Seattle he really benefits from having Earl Thomas to take care of the middle of the field and they play him down in the box a lot. I think he's probably in the perfect situation in Seattle, because the scheme and the players he plays with allow him to play to his strengths. I don't know if he'd be as good on another team, although I'm not sure there would be many better fits than himself for the role he occupies on the Seahawks. I think he was actually playing free safety at VT, though.
I agree, there's very few teams in the league that can utilize Kam like the Seahawks do, the Bengals would have also been a good team IMO.

Quote:
BallerT1215
I'd take Jones all day anyday, he's just as solid against the run but his pass defense far exceeds anything Kam can do.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
they should be good enough to play .500 ball, which will put Lee out of reach.

If they could get everyone healthy their receiving corps would be pretty good.
Well everyone isn't healthy and you can't recover from an ACL in the same year, and who was added to this team to make them go from the 4th overall pick to somehow make it to .500? What players do they now have that will make that big of an impact? I can't think of a team(maybe New England) that has a worse DB and WR core as a whole then they do.

Quote:
Old 08-06-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both Chancellor and Jones. I liked Jones more coming out and still do, but Kam has become way more than I thought he would coming out of college. Either would have meant we didn't waste a second rounder on one of the most predictable busts ever.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well everyone isn't healthy and you can't recover from an ACL in the same year, and who was added to this team to make them go from the 4th overall pick to somehow make it to .500? What players do they now have that will make that big of an impact? I can't think of a team(maybe New England) that has a worse DB and WR core as a whole then they do.
Connor Barwin should help the defense along with Lane Johnson and Zach Ertz on the other side of the ball. 8 and 8 isn't exactly setting the world on fire.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Connor Barwin should help the defense along with Lane Johnson and Zach Ertz on the other side of the ball. 8 and 8 isn't exactly setting the world on fire.
I agree but you can't just snap your fingers and go from 4 wins to 8 with a worse roster, just doesn't happen. Those guys you listed aren't game changers to turn over a win/loss ratio, losing Maclin is a bigger loss then any gain those guys would give.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

The Eagles are going to be interesting to follow this year. Their defense screams 4-12 like last year, but their offense and Chip strike me as a possible playoff berth just because they will be catching a lot of teams by surprise. Obviously teams have an idea of what they will run, but Chip is a very smart offensive mind.

In the end I could see them at 7-9 most likely, because I feel they will outscore some people, but that defense...going through a schematic switch as well is going to be brutal.

Quote:
Old 08-07-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Eagles are going to be interesting to follow this year. Their defense screams 4-12 like last year, but their offense and Chip strike me as a possible playoff berth just because they will be catching a lot of teams by surprise. Obviously teams have an idea of what they will run, but Chip is a very smart offensive mind.

In the end I could see them at 7-9 most likely, because I feel they will outscore some people, but that defense...going through a schematic switch as well is going to be brutal.
I'm not sure about that. Maclin is out with an ACL tear and now Benn is also out with the same injury. Now they have DeSean Jackson who hasn't done much lately and Cooper as WR's.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets see the outrage here everyone: http://www.businessinsider.com/alleg...h-fight-2013-8
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote