Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Age discrimination is not very possible in the NFL. There is a threshold of 40 to be eligible to age discrimination. Most players retire long before 40.
True I had forgotten about that. But the truth is still that a team can cut players for numerous reasons, it would be hard to prove that the reason they cut a player was because he was homosexual, even if it was widely thought to be the reason.

Some teams wouldn't cut an openly *** player if they are a contributor, but those trying to make the roster shouldn't come out. Not for years, if the league changes
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I don't know you guys, there's been several players rumored to be *** coming out of college that ended up being undrafted.
Sources, please?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Sources, please?
Probly has none, was "word of mouth".
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Increased job security? Yes.
PR coup for owner? Probably.
Instantly one of the most popular players? No.
I think you may have been down in Mississippi too long. He'd garner a ton of popularity here because of the type of demographics that exist. We ran our 2x Vezina winning Stanley Cup hero out of town partially because he wouldn't go to see the President. Jersey sales would spike for said player, he'd get a ton of praise from the local media, and more casual fans would flock to see him play.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I think you may have been down in Mississippi too long. He'd garner a ton of popularity here because of the type of demographics that exist. We ran our 2x Vezina winning Stanley Cup hero out of town partially because he wouldn't go to see the President. Jersey sales would spike for said player, he'd get a ton of praise from the local media, and more casual fans would flock to see him play.
That is just my honest opinion. Do you really think a football player on any NFl team anywhere will become a fan favorite because he is ***? I know we are in Massachusetts but come on that is just not realistic.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Massachusetts is very liberal and accepting on the surface, but there is a lot more that goes on than you see on election days. Not saying it is just here, and I may have been in Mississippi for a while but I have been in Massachusetts long enough to know everyone doesn't have the South End, Ptown, or Beacon Hill mentality. I am very in the middle of things values wise but I guarantee you an openly *** player wouldn't get the heroes welcome you think he would.

Last edited by Don Vito : 03-26-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A *** player I think would have a hard time. You guys gotta remember, the younger generation is much much much more accepting of homosexuality than the older generation. People 40+ don't necessary have the same opinions on the matter that younger people have.

Not trying to turn this into a political debate, I'm just pointing that out.

I personally don't care, but you'll be surprised at how many people do. What people say publicly and what they say behind closed doors are not always the same.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Sources, please?
There was some radio host (male) that said he hooked up with Jevan Snead while @ Texas. Snead went undrafted although many considered him a 4th round prospect and it's always been rumored that was a leading cause.

You can google that and find it more in forums than actual sources because that's not something most sources would talk about.

There was also a WR a few years ago that played at either purdue or pitt (i'm thinking it was Purdue), they went undrafted after having a solid career and that was a rumor there as well.

Don't really have sources, that's why I said "rumored"
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit see below

Last edited by cmarq83 : 03-26-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Massachusetts is very liberal and accepting on the surface, but there is a lot more that goes on than you see on election days. Not saying it is just here, and I may have been in Mississippi for a while but I have been in Massachusetts long enough to know everyone doesn't have the South End, Ptown, or Beacon Hill mentality. I am very in the middle of things values wise but I guarantee you an openly *** player wouldn't get the heroes welcome you think he would.
Edit, see below

Last edited by cmarq83 : 03-26-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

This is dangerous territory to be treading into, so I'm not going to get any further into it. There are cultural reasons why the element you're describing is silent regardless of how large that group is.

I don't think for a second that said player wouldn't face a lions share of abuse and adversity, but I think the popularity would strongly outweigh the adversity here because of the structures in place that would actively work to make it so.

I didn't really mean when I said that he'd be the most popular, that he'd be one of the most universally well liked players, but rather he'd have one of the most active groups of fans as an individual player. He'd likely sell a ton of Jersey's, a bunch of twitter followers, local media contracts, ect.

Last edited by cmarq83 : 03-26-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
There was some radio host (male) that said he hooked up with Jevan Snead while @ Texas. Snead went undrafted although many considered him a 4th round prospect and it's always been rumored that was a leading cause.

You can google that and find it more in forums than actual sources because that's not something most sources would talk about.

There was also a WR a few years ago that played at either purdue or pitt (i'm thinking it was Purdue), they went undrafted after having a solid career and that was a rumor there as well.

Don't really have sources, that's why I said "rumored"
Snead went undrafted because he sucked dick on the football field, not because he sucked dick in the bedroom
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give you the new Dolphins logo. Team is waiting till draft day to "confirm" it but this is the real deal.

Old logo

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.47965...01654&pid=15.1

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Last edited by Da-Phins : 03-26-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lol'd at one of PFT's comments on the new logo:

Quote:
The NFL finally cracks down on concussions and what do the Dolphins do? They take away poor Flipper’s helmet, that’s what!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I lol'd at one of PFT's comments on the new logo:
lol that is classic

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first *** player will draw a ton of media attention to the team, some of the media won't care about football and instead will want to know the dynamics of how the other players are reacting to him.

A coach will hate this, especially if someone says something controversial. It will make coaches less likely to want to sign or draft a *** player for the distraction reason.

If the team struggles, the player will take some of the blame, even if he plays well or is a backup who doesn't play, just like Tebow took some blame for being a distraction.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lame Dolphins just lame. Bring back the old logo .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have to agree. It looks like an emblem they would use at SeaWorld.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If NFL coaches are allegedly intimidated by the media circus that follows Tim Tebow, I can imagine most HCs are having cold sweats thinking about how to deal with the media after practice every day fielding questions about the NFL's first openly *** player.

BTW that is how teams would justify cutting a *** player, because the media distraction would be too great.

No, I think for it really to work out it would have to be a star player.
Preferably that one *** player who could kick everyone's ass in the lockeroom.

JJ Watt, come on down.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't even know about that Snead stuff but Mufasa pretty much hit it dead on.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If NFL coaches are allegedly intimidated by the media circus that follows Tim Tebow, I can imagine most HCs are having cold sweats thinking about how to deal with the media after practice every day fielding questions about the NFL's first openly *** player.

BTW that is how teams would justify cutting a *** player, because the media distraction would be too great.

JJ Watt, come on down.
No, silly pants.

Justin Smith is obviously the best *** candidate.

I mean... does J.J. Watt have a tattoo of a beer brewer's logo? No, I didn't think so. Watt's shoulder pads are also WAY too big.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
The guy was traded because he decided to take a year off, his contract is ending at the end of the season, and because Tuukka Rask is an excellent goaltender. Not exactly because he wouldn't see the president.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

JJ Watt, come on down.
That would be awesome.

Definitely needs to be someone that gets respect all around the NFL. Adrian Peterson would be another great one. Or maybe a senior player like Ed Reed.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Lame Dolphins just lame. Bring back the old logo .
Hell, I wish. The old school logo was awesome. But the new uniforms are suppose to be similar to the old school uniforms so we'll see. This logo is better then the last one that's for sure. Was to cartoony for my taste.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Last edited by Da-Phins : 03-27-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(redacted)
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote