Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Slot WR

hey everybody...

I just started looking für 2013 prospects.

can u name some slot receivers who are worth watching?

i'm looking for a danny amendola type WR, somebody who will move the chains and might be available in later rounds.

any ideas?
SloppyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to start a similar thread. I don't see a ton of guys in this draft that scream out to me "slot WR" just based on size, speed, and route running. Seems to be a bigger WR than typical, with a lot of 6'1" and over guys. And all the legit WRs were outside guys in college.

Tavon Austin and Ryan Swope are the first to come to mind, but other than that.....I don't know.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
I was going to start a similar thread. I don't see a ton of guys in this draft that scream out to me "slot WR" just based on size, speed, and route running. Seems to be a bigger WR than typical, with a lot of 6'1" and over guys. And all the legit WRs were outside guys in college.
Agree.

One guy I would definitely look at, however...

Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Campanaro, Wake Forest, is a junior but is pushing 22 so maybe he comes out. He's definitely in that Wes Welker mold, quick and pretty good 40 time too.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darius Johnson from SMU fits the mold perfectly. 5'10" and 175, quicker than fast, with very good hands and a nice burst. SMU receivers are starting to get some love by the NFL these days as well...Emmanuel Sanders (Pittsburgh), Aldrick Robinson (Washington) and Cole Beasley (Dallas) have all made nice transitions to the pro game the last 3 years.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Seniors, I'd look into Chad Bumphis, Sam McGuffie and Conner Vernon. Theo Riddick is a WR/RB than can play the slot.

And Juniors:

Ace Sanders
Alex Amidon
JD Falslev
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavon Austin and Denard Robinson are my favorites. I've liked Ryan Swope since I started watching Ryan Tannehill, too.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Markus Wheaton....He is a quick-twitched kind of guy. And fast
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
For Seniors, I'd look into Chad Bumphis, Sam McGuffie and Conner Vernon. Theo Riddick is a WR/RB than can play the slot.

And Juniors:

Ace Sanders
Alex Amidon
JD Falslev
Haven't heard that name in quite some time.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tavon austin, though im not sure, since he can be used many ways

hes more of an AP guy; had a couple 200 yard receiving games and 1 300yd rushing game

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Amidon is the real deal norcalgsr.
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ace Sanders could develop into a very good slot receiver, topnotch speed and agility. But I'm not really sure he has any plans to declare.

Any opinions of TJ Moe? He was really good for Missouri a couple of years ago, but has seen his production drop. I still remember him being touted as having all the qualities of a good slot receiver; good route runner, reliable hands, white, agile.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said available in the later rounds. Tavon Austin will be gone in the first 50 selections. I like Markus Wheaton and I have a little crush on TJ Moe having seen about every college game of his. Dude is tough as nails, I think his stats would be a lot more impressive had he'd not had such atrocious quarterback play the past two seasons.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't lump Wheaton into the slot WR's. He can play there, but he's going to be a very good outside WR in the NFL.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavon Austin should be the first slot guy taken.

I think Denard is going to be a gadget/wildcat QB and special teams return man to start. I think he has a long long way to go in terms of catching the ball and running routes. I don't think his transition to the position will be as smooth as Antwan Randle El's was, but his speed is ridiculous and he is slippery, he'll make an impact one way or another.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
He said available in the later rounds. Tavon Austin will be gone in the first 50 selections. I like Markus Wheaton and I have a little crush on TJ Moe having seen about every college game of his. Dude is tough as nails, I think his stats would be a lot more impressive had he'd not had such atrocious quarterback play the past two seasons.
I missed that the first time through.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mid to late I kinda like..

Kenny Stills -Oklahoma
Emory Blake -Auburn
Jamal Miles -ASU
Skye Dawson -TCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have him rated in my top 10 WRs in this class. Does it all.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
WVU1
Rookie

WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Michael Campanaro, Wake Forest, is a junior but is pushing 22 so maybe he comes out. He's definitely in that Wes Welker mold, quick and pretty good 40 time too.
I heard he is not leaving this year but has been told that with a solid sr season he could be the top Slot next year.
WVU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should get some late round attention.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVU1 View Post
I heard he is not leaving this year but has been told that with a solid sr season he could be the top Slot next year.
Good news for Wake i guess. Not sure that his stock would improve that much by coming back, especially with a good combine, which he would most likely have.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just look for undervalued, elite punt returners.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dri Archer

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Dri Archer
Dont you dare
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:51 AM    (permalink
WVU1
Rookie

WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.WVU1 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Good news for Wake i guess. Not sure that his stock would improve that much by coming back, especially with a good combine, which he would most likely have.
He needs a full season of staying healthy and raising his YPP. He is also smart to let all these JR's leave early which will move him up the boards.There will be 10-11 JR Wr's in this years draft so he will move into the top slot. Wake O-Line should be much improved next season which should give him more deep ball ops.
WVU1 is offline   Reply With Quote