Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not saying they're top 5 worthy, but watch out for TCU this year. CP4 is back, we have some stud transfers in Ju'Juan Story, Aaron Green, Josh Doctson and David Jenkins. We could really be good this year and compete for the Big XII. Plus we have Waymon James back from an ACL tear. With all of the QB questions surrounding the Big XII, this could be a really solid year for this team.

Last edited by Shreckart : 02-20-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Not saying they're top 5 worthy, but watch out for TCU this year. CP4 is back, we have some stud transfers in Ju'Juan Story, Aaron Green, Josh Doctson and David Jenkins. We could really be good this year and compete for the Big XII. Plus we have Waymon James back from an ACL tear. With all of the QB questions surrounding the Big XII, this could be a really solid year for this team.
Plus the head coach is really good at covering up the illegal activities of players and keeping them eligible. He could have given some pointers to Tressel.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Plus the head coach is really good at covering up the illegal activities of players and keeping them eligible. He could have given some pointers to Tressel.
The hell are you talking about?
Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The hell are you talking about?
Oh, I'm just trolling about the massive drug testing coverup at TCU.

That whole deal was fishy.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Bobby Layne
Rookie

Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobby Layne is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Boykin staying at QB or is he getting moved to another position?
Bobby Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Layne View Post
Is Boykin staying at QB or is he getting moved to another position?
Well the QB job is "wide open" according to Patterson, so for now he's fighting for the starting job, but it's probably Casey's to lose. He's going to be the backup likely since he has experience, but I've heard he could play running back if Tyler Matthews, who's a RS Freshman, plays well this spring. The week Casey got his DWI, Boykin was actually taking RB snaps in practice during the week up until that Thursday practice when he got moved to QB, so RB isn't completely foreign to him.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I'm just trolling about the massive drug testing coverup at TCU.

That whole deal was fishy.
Not really? I go to TCU, I know the stories. I have friends on the football team, and they told me everything about it. Nothing wasn't reported to the media, or handled accordingly by the football team or school. Gary Patterson is all about integrity of the program, and he doesn't want to ruin it here at TCU.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:15 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not really? I go to TCU, I know the stories. I have friends on the football team, and they told me everything about it. Nothing wasn't reported to the media, or handled accordingly by the football team or school. Gary Patterson is all about integrity of the program, and he doesn't want to ruin it here at TCU.
That's great to hear. As an outsider I can't help but be skeptical when one of the druggies told the undercover cop that only 20 guys would pass a surprise test. And then only a handful were reported as failing.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Quote:
That's great to hear. As an outsider I can't help but be skeptical when one of the druggies told the undercover cop that only 20 guys would pass a surprise test. And then only a handful were reported as failing.
He claimed around 85% of the team would fail, which is unrealistic. I think the number came out to 4-5 failing after the scandal. Gary and our Chancellor/Dean wasn't going to try and cover up anything after we were on national news, it would've only made it worse.

Off topic (sort of): I drove by CP4 when he was pulled over on that Wednesday night, I was leaving a buddies house. It was fairly early if I remember right, only like 1 in the morning. I just remember driving by and being like... My goodness.