Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
And noone is trying to say that an arguably top-10 current safety is the same type of player as arguably the greatest coverage safety in the history of the NFL.

He's also not asked to play centerfield as Reed has played iconically.
Nor was I implying that anybody did, I was simply pointing out that he's not a natural center fielder which would make him a difference maker, and warrant the big contract he's going to get.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
LOL, not sure I agree with this
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread makes me grateful that Vernon Davis is not a free agent.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Nope, I got it. He wants them back with the Chiefs. I think you missed the point, he hit with sarcasm so i did it back

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this whole thread just makes me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Nor was I implying that anybody did, I was simply pointing out that he's not a natural center fielder which would make him a difference maker, and warrant the big contract he's going to get.
Well he has been a difference maker for the 49ers and has made his fair share of big plays. I don't know if he would be as good on other teams as he is now, but that could be said about a lot of notable players.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Again, saying that something might be hard is not the same thing as saying that it will be hard. Amazing how many people cannot comprehend basic English.
Admitting that you have a problem is the first step to recovery.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Goldson is a good player and worthy of 6-7 mil a year. 8 or more, eh I don't think he's worth that, not because he's a bad player, but i just think thats too high a per year salary for him. I wouldn't have too big a problem with 8 but its whatever.

If he's asking for 8 or more (which i'm sure he is), i'd rather just franchise him again for about 7.5. I think a 5 year/35 million dollar deal would be ideal but i wouldn't be surprised if he wants 45 or 50 over 5.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people may be confusing Goldson with Whitner who got abused in the Super Bowl

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I think people may be confusing Goldson with Whitner who got abused in the Super Bowl
Nah. It's just 49ers' fans being homers again. Goldson actually does get beat deep alot. He actually does give up alot of big plays.

Who wants to talk about Vernon Davis? He should be the highest paid player in the NFL.

There guys. You win.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There guys. You win.
What did they win? :D

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can a mod just change the name of this thread to "Is Dashon Goldson overrated?" It's gotten a little ridiculous.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Can a mod just change the name of this thread to "Is Dashon Goldson overrated?" It's gotten a little ridiculous.
Welcome to the NFLDC forums these days.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Wallace waaayyy more overrated than Goldson
Old 02-17-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
This is a passing league and you HAVE to have able to cover the deep ball. This is one of Goldson's biggest problems.
I didn't see this comment earlier, but I just have to chime in that it's not really true. At least the past two years. Goldson has been pretty good on the deep ball. The entire defense was this past year actually. Like someone else mentioned he didn't give up a catch over 20 yards (at least in the regular season). The only major blunder I remember in regards to him screwing up on the deep ball recently was against the Falcons in the playoffs. That was because Goldson cheated up though before the ball was snapped. Tarrell Brown let Jones go right by him because he was expecting help from Goldson at the inception of the play. Blown assignment from the beginning more than anything else. Goldson isn't really targeted on deep patterns I believe. If there is an area he's struggled in at times it's the intermediate throws.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 02-17-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Feel free to talk about another player then. I guess it's much easier to complain how active 49ers fans are on the board (positive or negative) instead of actually bring content to the table.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid 49er's fans being assholes again.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-17-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Stupid 49er's fans being assholes again.
Yep. It's the 49ers fans. I've never seen you make a comment like that before.

Care to discuss any Packers FA's?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

This thread deserves some Dashon Goldson highlights.

Quote:
Old 02-17-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm amazed Ness isn't thrashing Goldson In the Niner boards he doesn't have anything good to say about the Niners.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
This thread deserves some Dashon Goldson highlights.
http://youtu.be/LyckYVSBC7w

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey at least Goldson is preventing this thread from turning into another Welker debate.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yep. It's the 49ers fans. I've never seen you make a comment like that before.

Care to discuss any Packers FA's?
I'm glad you agree. Comment like what? And no, I do not.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-17-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SP has been heading downhill the more time he has been on here. Turning into a D-bag.

But seriously Wallace is overrated. All he does is run in a straight line, when he is used as more of a regular WR, he turns into average. He is good at what he does, but should only be paid for that, not a complete package.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

13 straight posts by non-49ers fans that do not mention a player without mentioning Goldson.

I agree that Wallace is more overrated than Goldson but I also believe that Wallace is worth more money.

I think Danny Amendola is underrated, at this point. Jason Jones and Henry Melton are underrated. Leodis McKelvin tends to be hated too much, in my eyes, and I've always loved William Moore. He's really stepped his game up and is underrated, at this point. I'm still uncertain with Paul Krueger and Erik Walden. The likes of Jairus Byrd (top of the DB class) and Charles Woodson (career reputation) will likely set the tone of a pretty deep safety market.

And what about Anthony Spencer? Will the 4-3 switch mean his days as a Cowboy are numbered?