Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Announcement:

Franchise tag designations and RFA tenders for your own free agents are due by noon Friday!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you want us to post Tags and such.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Where do you want us to post Tags and such.
Send them to me via email. If you want to post an announcement in the media thread, that'd be appreciated as well.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Let me see if I can find any Luke Joeckel fans...
*stab stab stab*

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Also, feel free to send in your cap cuts in an email with their positions and Rotoworld links.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
QB Joe Flacco: 5 years, $100 million

The team which signs Flacco will be spending $20 million of their available cap space, because $100 million divided by five years equals $20 million. If multiple teams offer contracts with the same total value, the free agent will be assigned to the team which offered fewer years. For example, a bid of four years and $100 million would take precedence over a bid of five years and $100 million because the average annual value is higher. However, the four-year bid would also be more costly to the signing team ($25 million as opposed to $20 million.)

If multiple teams offer a free agent identical contracts (ex. two teams each offer five years and $100 million), I will determine the free agent's destination.
So Flacco will be the only player in pro football not to get a signing bonus. Great. If Flacco signs a contract that averages 20 mil a year he will certainly not a 20 million dollar cap number in the first years of that deal. That's just not how contracts in the NFL work.

Drew Brees signed the same 5 year-100 million dollar contract this past off-season. His cap figures over the next 3 years are as follows:

2012: 10.4
2013: 17.4
2014: 18.4

We need to come up with a better way of dealing with the Flacco contract situation because there's a 0% chance his cap number in 2013 will be 20 million. It's just not realistic.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Wells signing with St. Louis didn't warrant a compensatory pick for Green Bay?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
So Flacco will be the only player in pro football not to get a signing bonus. Great. If Flacco signs a contract that averages 20 mil a year he will certainly not a 20 million dollar cap number in the first years of that deal. That's just not how contracts in the NFL work.

Drew Brees signed the same 5 year-100 million dollar contract this past off-season. His cap figures over the next 3 years are as follows:

2012: 10.4
2013: 17.4
2014: 18.4

We need to come up with a better way of dealing with the Flacco contract situation because even if his contract is bigger than that, there's a 0% chance his cap number in 2013 is 20 million. It's just not realistic.
You may be right about how Flacco's contract will work out, but I'm already expecting a migraine from figuring out all the free agent offers as is, so I'm not going to go through a bunch of complicated deals which are front-loaded, back-loaded, with varying guarantees, etc. Worst comes to work, you could always tag Flacco.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Scott Wells signing with St. Louis didn't warrant a compensatory pick for Green Bay?
I guess not. I have only a vague understanding of how compensatory picks work, so I just found someone else's projections who was apparently successful last season by mirroring AdamJT13's and went with those.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You may be right about how Flacco's contract will work out, but I'm already expecting a migraine from figuring out all the free agent offers as is, so I'm not going to go through a bunch of complicated deals which are front-loaded, back-loaded, with varying guarantees, etc. Worst comes to work, you could always tag Flacco.
I understand where your coming from and I know it's easier to streamline things but it's kinda of special circumstances when we got a guy who we know is going to be the highest paid player in NFL history up in free agency.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i haz cap room! i sign all the players!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Just a heads-up, I'm going to be putting each position on its own sheet in the free agency spreadsheet. You can switch sheets by using the tabs at the bottom of the screen. There should be one for each position fairly soon. Players who have been released as cap casualties will have a white background color for easier identification.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So when we do our cuts should we list how much the player was signed for?
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
So when we do our cuts should we list how much the player was signed for?
Include the links from rotoworld.

like this:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4707/chris-long

I pulled that one up so you can just use it

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-20-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

P.S. please don't send me free agent offers until after I give the green light (probably some time on Friday.) I'd like to make a few offers, but I wanted to send mine to a third party before accepting other offers just to avoid the issue of knowing what other people will be bidding.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damnit, can't believe I missed this. DG, lemme know if you want any second opinions

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy to take someone on as the Colts co/assistant GM.

Also, are we expected to keep cap room for rookies?

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 02-20-2013 at 05:20 PM.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

By the way, updated cap figures are kept in the free agency thread, not the discussion thread.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are ERFA signings due friday as well? Also how does their pay structure work, is it just the minimum salary of whatever year they're in?
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Yes, they're due Friday as well. I'm going with $0.5 million for ERFAs. I think they actually make $0.54 but I'm rounding to one decimal point for free agents.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grizz is gonna be my co-GM is he accepts.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized I sent my cuts to your other e-mail address, sorry. I'll re-send it!
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

It's okay, I received it.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 mil under the cap with my cuts but roster stands at 37 players :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do restructures count or is it all cuts to get under the cap?