Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-24-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eek

https://twitter.com/mortreport/statu...06512301948928
https://twitter.com/mortreport/statu...06951588175872

Quote:
Utah DT Star Lotulelei, projected top five 5 draft pick, will not work out after echocardiogram detected heart condition. Filed to ESPN.

Lotulelei's left ventricle is pumping at 44 percent efficiency - normal range is 55-70 percent. He will undergo more tests in Salt Lake City
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Hunter ran a 4.44, 11'4" (!!!) broad jump, 39.5 vert, and looked pretty natural catching the ball.
Looked good for the 25th pick. did I do that right?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He and Jarvis Jones could be free falling like Bruce Springstein.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
However you look at it it's not good.

Margus Hunt with 38 reps, ok Tarzan.
Hi Tarzan, meet Jane.

edit: Instead of Jeckell and Hyde, it's Tarzan and Jane.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Double fail.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
don't insult Tom Petty like that

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you guys say were the best in the gauntlet?
Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Robert Woods had a great day overall and the gauntlet was no different.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Swope, Woods, someone I liked personally, the guy from FSU.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Swope, Woods, someone I liked personally, the guy from FSU.
Rodney Smith? I agree with that...he had everything you look for but he was inconsistent this year for FSU

Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Star's stock was already falling from top 3 to mid-1st before this. This could mean 3rd day.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Star's stock was already falling from top 3 to mid-1st before this. This could mean 3rd day.
His medical checks over the next few weeks (or however long it takes) will be key to his stock.

Good medical checks could keep his stock in round 1. Bad medical checks could leave him available on day 3.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lookin good to the colts in round 3.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

after what happened to Gaines Adams, i think plenty of teams will take him completely off their boards

Old 02-24-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Now that coverage is over for the day who are some people that saw their stock rise/fall?

For Qbs I think Geno Smith was the clear winner today as he didn't disappoint in the 40 or throwing drills. The most important part is the interviews but in terms of physical skills he certainly looked the part. Ryan Nassib looked solid which backs up what people have been saying about him.

Mike Glennon was the loser today for me as he looked inaccurate and I question his movement ability in the pocket. I've never been a fan of him and he didn't do anything to change my mind today.

The main Rb who stood out physically was obviously Knile Davis. Personally I don't put much stock in a 40 time for Rbs but it's hard to ignore what he did at his size along with his bench press numbers. It's hard to imagine he didn't make himself some money today.

With Wrs I have to go for Tavon Austin as he put up the numbers to back up his game tape while also looking solid in drills. Goodwin probably made money with that workout but his skills as a receiver still look raw so I feel someone's going to reach for him and be disappointed.

There were a bunch of receivers who did as well or slightly better than expected today as well. Patterson certainly backed up the physical comparison to Julio Jones but I still he's still a little raw and will probably take time to really reach his potential. The second round guys all looked solid though with Patterson, Woods, Hopkins, Hunter, and Williams all looking sold.

What were everyone else's impressions from today?
Ryan Swope looked like a 4th round pick coming into the combine and now I think he could sneak into the latter half of the second.

Swope looks like your prototypical slot guy but with that speed good luck trying to cover him with a lb or a s. 37inch vertical didn't hurt his cause either. Huge day for him.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From what I understand the two ways this can go are pretty much:

1) This is easily fixable and Star is fine, no real affect on draft status.
2) This is not easily fixable and he retires from football.

I don't really see there being a middle ground. If your heart isn't right, you probably shouldn't be playing football. I don't think this is a "grade you down, take you off our board" thing, I think this is a "Lotulelei decides living is better than football" (if it comes to that) thing.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
From what I understand the two ways this can go are pretty much:

1) This is easily fixable and Star is fine, no real affect on draft status.
2) This is not easily fixable and he retires from football.

I don't really see there being a middle ground. If your heart isn't right, you probably shouldn't be playing football.
There's also the possibility of a false positive. Frank Alexander was sent home from the Combine for a heart condition, but further testing revealed he didn't actually have one. Unlikely, but possible.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Ryan Swope looked like a 4th round pick coming into the combine and now I think he could sneak into the latter half of the second.

Swope looks like your prototypical slot guy but with that speed good luck trying to cover him with a lb or a s. 37inch vertical didn't hurt his cause either. Huge day for him.
Yeah definitely a big day for him and I agree that he put himself in that pack of 2nd round receivers. I want to go watch some game tape on him now.

Did anyone else notice that after running a 4.74 40 T.J. Moe promptly crushed every other drill including being #1 among receivers in the 3-cone and both shuttle drills. I wonder if his incredible agility makes up for his speed deficiency. I haven't seen any game tape on him though. Does anyone have any opinions on him? Is he a possible slot guy In the very late rounds?
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
There's also the possibility of a false positive. Frank Alexander was sent home from the Combine for a heart condition, but further testing revealed he didn't actually have one. Unlikely, but possible.
Yeah, that's also possible.

There's just no real middle ground option where he continues to play football, but is just less good at it due to his medical condition.

Since what he's risking are things like "heart failure" and "stroke" which aren't really things you should be playing football with. Or at least, if not playing football makes these things less likely, then you should not play football.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Yeah definitely a big day for him and I agree that he put himself in that pack of 2nd round receivers. I want to go watch some game tape on him now.

Did anyone else notice that after running a 4.74 40 T.J. Moe promptly crushed every other drill including being #1 among receivers in the 3-cone and both shuttle drills. I wonder if his incredible agility makes up for his speed deficiency. I haven't seen any game tape on him though. Does anyone have any opinions on him? Is he a possible slot guy In the very late rounds?
Just reading your post about TJ Moe made me think of Jeff Maehl. He had a bad 40 but killed the 3 cone and shuttle.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Sarcastro
Rookie

Sarcastro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

TJ Moe dead last among WRs in the 40, but he was #1 in the bench, cone drill, 20 yard and 60 yard shuttles. Perplexing.
Sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastro View Post
TJ Moe dead last among WRs in the 40, but he was #1 in the bench, cone drill, 20 yard and 60 yard shuttles. Perplexing.
Bad day, or poor starts. Pro day if it doesn't improve, well....
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastro View Post
If you want to make it as a slot receiver quickness would seem to trump 40 time for me.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tannenbaum saying he's intrigued by Glennon on NFLN makes it very clear why he's an analyst right now. I still dislike people comparing him to Flacco. Sure they're big with strong arms but Flacco is much better in the pocket and has much better poise. I just feel everyone is being blinded by Glennon's arm and are downplaying all the negatives. If I want a strong armed Qb I'm taking Bray at least he was accurate today.

Last edited by fredder : 02-24-2013 at 06:15 PM.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

If you don't look close to perfect in shorts and T, and no defensive pressure, I got ? as to how good you really are.