Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be shocked if Hunt didn't go in the first. He's worth a long look in the top 15.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How high do you guys think Ansah will go? Is he a top 10 pick?
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

If I were a GM I wouldn't touch a guy with such limited production like Ansah with anything higher than a 3rd round pick.

this guy has huge bust potential based on lack of production in college. Some GM will really overdraft this guy and he will be seen as one of the biggest reaches in draft history.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ansha will go no later than 13. I could see him ending up as a bust but no one will claim reach when he's picked. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as high as 2.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AcheTen...I don't know what you are smoking but I need your ****.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
If I were a GM I wouldn't touch a guy with such limited production like Ansah with anything higher than a 3rd round pick.

this guy has huge bust potential based on lack of production in college. Some GM will really overdraft this guy and he will be seen as one of the biggest reaches in draft history.
People are comparing him to JPP and their stats in their final college season aren't that far off

Ansah: 62 tackles, 13 TFL, 4.5 sacks
JPP: 45 tackles, 16 TFL,, 6.5 sacks

Not saying he's the same player but just shows how production in college doesn't always translate into NFL production.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
AcheTen...I don't know what you are smoking but I need your ****.
4.5 sacks total in college. The list of guys that go on to become big-time pass rushers in the NFL with less than 17-18 sacks in college, MINIMUM, is like maybe 4-5 deep, out of thousands.

The only real exceptions are guys that played completely different positions in college like 4-3 OLB (Kevin Green and Clay Matthews types).
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you know who I didn't want in the 1st for the Giants because of his limited production?

Jason Pierre-Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
People are comparing him to JPP and their stats in their final college season aren't that far off

Ansah: 62 tackles, 13 TFL, 4.5 sacks
JPP: 45 tackles, 16 TFL,, 6.5 sacks

Not saying he's the same player but just shows how production in college doesn't always translate into NFL production.
Can you come up with anybody else besides JPP? A guy who rushed the passer in college and came up with little production and turned into a big tiome pass rusher? (Clay Matthews and Cameron wake don't count because they played 4-3 OLB in college)

Also, we still don't know if JPP is a one year wonder or not. He hasn't cracked 6.5 sacks in any other year but one.

Also, JPP was a Junior College transfer so he only literally had less than a season's worth of playihng time at USF, whereas Ansah has been at Utah for a while with the opportunity to crack the starting lineup and rush the passer but he hasn't produced.
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over his college career JPP got 6.5 sacks.

#MoncriefArmy
jmanz
Rookie

jmanz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Scott's take on twitter about Hunt.....Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. LOL
jmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4.5 sacks total in college. The list of guys that go on to become big-time pass rushers in the NFL with less than 17-18 sacks in college, MINIMUM, is like maybe 4-5 deep, out of thousands.

The only real exceptions are guys that played completely different positions in college like 4-3 OLB (Kevin Green and Clay Matthews types).
I generally agree with this. Exceptions (JPP, Clay) don't make it less true.

In general, you look for guys who have always produced. If a guy hasn't always produced, that's a red flag.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

You do realize that Ansah started football in 2010 ?

His potential is off the roof.

#MoncriefArmy
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He was playing 3-4 DE the majority of the time. What do you expect?

Dion Jordan looks unbelievably fluid out there. Some 3-4 team in the top 10 will take him. I really don't think Philly will, though.
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
Over his college career JPP got 6.5 sacks.
90% of the top-50 sack leaders in nfl history had 17 or more sacks in college, and something like 60% or more of the top guys had 30 or more sacks in college.

I'll take those odds, I think rather than hope and pray my guy is the exception to the rule.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I generally agree with this. Exceptions (JPP, Clay) don't make it less true.

In general, you look for guys who have always produced. If a guy hasn't always produced, that's a red flag.
And JPP and Clay Matthews had legit excuses too.

JPP was at community college before he played less than a full season at USF and then went into the draft.

Clay Matthews cracked the starting lineup as a 4-3 OLB who was not asked to rush the passer.

Ansah, Mingo, and Jordan played DL and 3-4 OLB positions and had plenty of opportunities for sacks and TFL, but failed to produce.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You do realize that Ansah started football in 2010 ?

His potential is off the roof.
I agree about his potential, he just makes me nervous. It reminds me of when I got suckered into the Amobi Okoye hype because "he's only 19, the sky is the limit!"
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Ansah began to play football in 2010. He wasn't even aware what the **** was football. They had to teach him from the basics. No wonder he got no production from the early years. Come on now.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-25-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can you come up with anybody else besides JPP? A guy who rushed the passer in college and came up with little production and turned into a big tiome pass rusher? (Clay Matthews and Cameron wake don't count because they played 4-3 OLB in college)

Also, we still don't know if JPP is a one year wonder or not. He hasn't cracked 6.5 sacks in any other year but one.

Also, JPP was a Junior College transfer so he only literally had less than a season's worth of playihng time at USF, whereas Ansah has been at Utah for a while with the opportunity to crack the starting lineup and rush the passer but he hasn't produced.
I thought Matthews played DE his final year at USC because they already had their 3 starting LBs.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ht.html?pg=all

Quote:
"I never even thought about playing this game growing up as a kid," said Ansah, who was born up in Accra, Ghana, and didn't take up the game until 2010 as a sophomore track athlete at BYU.

He's a guy who had to be shown how to put on his equipment three years ago. He walked around as an anomaly, a big guy who looked like an NFL tight end or defensive end, but didn't know how to fight off a block or make a tackle.

#MoncriefArmy
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
Ansah began to play football in 2010. He wasn't even aware what the **** was football. They had to teach him from the basics. No wonder he got no production from the early years. Come on now.
So let's say we're hiring someone as a Surgeon, and he only recently started learning medical terminology in the past two years, but you're hiring him to be an emergency room surgeon at a big City Hospital to earn $600k a year?
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I thought Matthews played DE his final year at USC because they already had their 3 starting LBs.
He always played OLB in Pete Carroll's 4-3 defense.
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
He was used as an "Elephant."

That USC team had some sick LBers.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

What the **** are you talking about Ache ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He always played OLB in Pete Carroll's 4-3 defense.
Then where did fellow starters Brian Cushing and Kaluka Maiava play? Or is WCH right and he played both as a senior?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote