Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dion Jordan shouldn't been even touched before the 7th round based on college production.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
What the **** are you talking about Ache ?
If you're investing a valuable first round pick and first round money in a pass rusher, shouldn't he have, you know, shown the ability to rush the passer in college?

You wouldn't hire a $600k/year surgeon without medical training. You wouldn't hire a $250k/year computer programmer without a CS degree or lots of experience developing programs. You should't draft a first round pass rusher without college production either just because you think he can suddenly learn how to do it on the highest level without proving himself in lower levels.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Dion Jordan shouldn't been even touched before the 7th round based on college production.
Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, and Ezekiel Ansah all have VERY HIGH bust potential.

In fact, I'll personally guarantee that not more than ONE of these three will even be a solid contributor in the NFL, if even that.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
He always played OLB in Pete Carroll's 4-3 defense.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you're investing a valuable first round pick and first round money in a pass rusher, shouldn't he have, you know, shown the ability to rush the passer in college?

You wouldn't hire a $600k/year surgeon without medical training. You wouldn't hire a $250k/year computer programmer without a CS degree or lots of experience developing programs. You should't draft a first round pass rusher without college production either just because you think he can suddenly learn how to do it on the highest level without proving himself in lower levels.
I wish computer programmers made that much money.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know we were drafting surgeon on potential.

#MoncriefArmy
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Me too. :(
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
On the highest levels they do.

I know some game programmers that make that much. Also, guys at Google and Apple.

The comparison is that Ansah is being drafted to be pass rusher on the highest possible level. The NFL is the Google / Game company of football in that analogy.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't know we were drafting surgeon on potential.
We are hiring them based on resume.

We are also drafting based on resume, or at least, if we're smart we are.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome View Post
The 10 balls was a figure of speech. I will say I did not watch all his games. But what I did see was a guy who can play slot and be a very good returner. As for his stats, and why they aren't better, it could come down to a utilization problem. By no means I am saying 1st rounder here, but I like him and think he would be a great value pick. There is no way he makes it out of the 4th. He can be a poor-mans Harvin or Cobb and with the right coaching exceed that and be a better deep threat. There a lot of ways to get him involved and a defense must respect that speed.
You're right, he probably doesn't make it out of the 4th round. I just said I wouldn't consider him before the 6th. I don't see a good football player there. With similar size and athleticism Tavon Austin is 10 times the player.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

You can't just draft players on their resume. You have to take the guy with an unlimited potential if he fits and if you think you can coach him with his work ethic and all.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
You can't just draft players on their resume. You have to take the guy with an unlimited potential if he fits and if you think you can coach him with his work ethic and all.
If you don't draft players with great college resumes, your chances of getting an elite player are slim to none.

90% of the top-50 sack leaders in NFL history had 17 or more sacks in college, and 60% of them had 30 or more sacks in college.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, AcheTen = JordanTaber, amirite?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Ansah started playing football in 2010. That's ******* 3 years ago. How do you expect him to have a great college resume ?

This is insane to expect him to come his first year playing to have 10+ sacks. He ******* learned football 3 years ago. He showed that he can hang up with the most elite prospects at the senior bowl.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So let's say we're hiring someone as a Surgeon, and he only recently started learning medical terminology in the past two years, but you're hiring him to be an emergency room surgeon at a big City Hospital to earn $600k a year?
this is the worst analogy in the history of unexplainable bad analogies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this is the worst analogy in the history of unexplainable bad analogies.
My thoughts exactly
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So basically if you don't think Ansah is JPP you're being crazy?

I dont necessarily agree with Ache. I think Mingo is a potential monster, but he's not exactly being illogical.
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Are you really comparing playing football to being a programmer? Well what "skills" do you need to play football? A lot of them are physical skills which these players have shown that they have.

Would you take a stupid person and spend years trying to teach them CS or would you spend a few months teaching a genius? There are just some people who were born with gifts thay people look for in every workplace including the nfl.

I agree for the most part with your idea that potential is a dangerous thing but this comparison is really dumb.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

I want my surgeon to have 30 years of experience.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
jmanz
Rookie

jmanz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does Floyd have any character issues? Loving the idea of him to the Raiders at #3.
jmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Quote:
Ansah started playing football in 2010. That's ******* 3 years ago. How do you expect him to have a great college resume ?

This is insane to expect him to come his first year playing to have 10+ sacks. He ******* learned football 3 years ago. He showed that he can hang up with the most elite prospects at the senior bowl.
If that's the case, and he actually is a great player, then I'd be happy to take in the 3rd round or later if I"m a GM.

But to take him in the 1st or 2nd round because you "think" he can become a big-time pass rusher in college despite not showing any signs of it yet, is just sheer lunacy. It's a waste of a valuable pick that could be instead spent on a proven contributor.

The draft is all about risk vs. reward and VALUE.

The value in such a RISKY GAMBLE is not there in the first round. In the third round and later, it is.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If that's the case, and he actually is a great player, then I'd be happy to take in the 3rd round or later if I"m a GM.

But to take him in the 1st or 2nd round because you "think" he can become a big-time pass rusher in college despite not showing any signs of it yet, is just sheer lunacy. It's a waste of a valuable pick that could be instead spent on a proven contributor.
Because taking a guy like Ansah can yield better results than a "safer" more proven prospect.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damontre Moore 4.87 with 12 reps. Ew.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So why even have an offseason if your just going to draft on college production? How do you explain some of these pass catchers in the league right now?
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Why is their a combine anyway ?

#MoncriefArmy