Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Duke Williams didn't run?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
he ran pretty well actually
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He ran. 4.43. Didn't lift.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
I need to watch some film on Hawthorne. Dude looks impressive.
I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed. There is not a CB in this draft with better film, or better. People think I'm trolling, but I'm really not. I went through the same thing with Corey Liuget, Vontae Davis, etc. etc. People will say the few guys I got wrong, and exaggerate the heck out of my words, but I was young. I'm only 22 and getting better with it.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL.com go to hell.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charley Casserly impersonations were gold.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed. There is not a CB in this draft with better film, or better. People think I'm trolling, but I'm really not. I went through the same thing with Corey Liuget, Vontae Davis, etc. etc. People will say the few guys I got wrong, and exaggerate the heck out of my words, but I was young. I'm only 22 and getting better with it.
No one will deny Hawthorne has talent, but his tape isn't OMG good and there is football outside of Illinois.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Also another thing to note on Hawthorne, he was the #1 WR out of HS where he was a WR/FS.He did not switch to CB until he broke his hand a week before his freshman year started. Was hurt his soph year but showed out in the 7 games he did play. Junior year was tremendous and extremely underrated. Senior year was good but just like his junior year he wasn't tested much. He is also has elite return ability to boot. At some point people are going to be forced to stop underrating the Illini.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amerson and Banks are Bears.
What makes you think that?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
No one will deny Hawthorne has talent, but his tape isn't OMG good and there is football outside of Illinois.
That's because nobody tests him. That should tell you something. Not even RGIII, Russell Wilson, etc. tested him (Well both tried once...RGIII was picked off attempting for Wright, Wilson barely completed a pass to Toon). I've seen teams test and complete passes on every CB in this draft occasionally, including Milliner.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like a very solid group of CB's and Safties, many should go first 3 rounds with at least 4 or 5 in round 1.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
are you trying to say that hawthorne's gonna be a stud by using Vontae Davis?

uhm, may wanna rethink your strategy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also another thing to note on Hawthorne, he was the #1 WR out of HS where he was a WR/FS.He did not switch to CB until he broke his hand a week before his freshman year started. Was hurt his soph year but showed out in the 7 games he did play. Junior year was tremendous and extremely underrated. Senior year was good but just like his junior year he wasn't tested much. He is also has elite return ability to boot. At some point people are going to be forced to stop underrating the Illini.
According to who?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
After seeing NFLN use the simulcam throughout this process I have to call BS on Austin's 4.34. Austin was less than a foot behind Goodwin whereas Williams was clearly a full stride behind. If Williams official time is under 4.34 then they either screwed up the Austin/Goodwin simulcam or they messed up Austin's time.
Why do the never make corrections? I remember Taylor Mays getting screwed in like fashion.....not that he can ball or anything.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because nobody tests him. That should tell you something. Not even RGIII, Russell Wilson, etc. tested him (Well both tried once...RGIII was picked off attempting for Wright, Wilson barely completed a pass to Toon). I've seen teams test and complete passes on every CB in this draft occasionally, including Milliner.
Using Nick Toon as a case doesn't really wow me. How'd Hawthorne do against Quinton Patton?

Old 02-26-2013, 11:57 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Using Nick Toon as a case doesn't really wow me. How'd Hawthorne do against Quinton Patton?
Would really like to see game tape from that game. Patton put up 164 and 2 tds but no idea who was covering him.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Yahoo article:

TD1:
"On the quarter's second play Cameron hit Patton deep down the right sideline for a 78-yard touchdown and a 28-17 lead that silenced a chilly Memorial Stadium crowd. Patton caught the ball well behind cornerback Terry Hawthorne, one of Illinois' fastest players. And any helped he might have hoped for from his safeties never materialized."

TD2:
"Patton again ran by Hawthorne as he cut across the middle of the field and caught the ball near the goal line."
Old 02-26-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, Steve Williams got screwed.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I didn't love Hawthorne on tape but losing to Patton isn't the worst thing in the world. Patton might end up as a No. 1 receiver in the NFL...
Old 02-26-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** i did not think milliner had ANYWHERE CLOSE to a 4.31 in him

Rhodes solidfies himself as the #2 CB and possibly a top 15 pick with the 4.41. Rhodes is still my dude though

What did Amerson run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth96 View Post
i knew robert alford was physical. i just did not know he could run. hes jumped into the 1st round for me.
Alford has it all physically, but mentally the game is a struggle for him, and that may push him to day three.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Holy **** i did not think milliner had ANYWHERE CLOSE to a 4.31 in him

Rhodes solidfies himself as the #2 CB and possibly a top 15 pick with the 4.41. Rhodes is still my dude though

What did Amerson run?
4.38 for Amerson.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn these big ass corners can run this year.

Amerson is still a better FS prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't love Hawthorne on tape but losing to Patton isn't the worst thing in the world. Patton might end up as a No. 1 receiver in the NFL...
THANK YOU...this is what I've been trying to tell people since that game. Also Hawthorne was supposed to have help over the top but either way it happens. I love when people try to bring up Patton because that is literally all they have. The only reason Hawthorne isn't talked about as the potential #1 pick in the draft is he didn't have the overall talent around him to win like some of these others teams, or I should say, he hasn't won more games than guys from these glamour programs. For my money there is not a player better. As tremendous an athlete he is, he is just as much, if not more of a pure football player (Much like Patton). Hawthorne is for real.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
THANK YOU...this is what I've been trying to tell people since that game. Also Hawthorne was supposed to have help over the top but either way it happens. I love when people try to bring up Patton because that is literally all they have. The only reason Hawthorne isn't talked about as the potential #1 pick in the draft is he didn't have the overall talent around him to win like some of these others teams, or I should say, he hasn't won more games than guys from these glamour programs. For my money there is not a player better. As tremendous an athlete he is, he is just as much, if not more of a pure football player (Much like Patton). Hawthorne is for real.
When evaluating prospect people don't care if players beat up on lesser talent. The greatest barometer of a player's talent is how they match up against other NFL caliber talent.