Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-26-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
well hes got the right idea...unlike guys like pat white.

i think he falls between percy harvin and devin hester, not as good of a WR as harvin but not as bad as hester, but offers RB like percy and return ability of hester (not that percy isnt a fantastic return man, robinson just runs more like hester i think)

and honestly his arm isnt bad
I think a mix of Percy/Hester is definitely BEST CASE scenario for him.

His arm strength isn't terrible by any means, but he definitely has no idea where the ball is going to end up when he unleashes.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Rhodes reminds me of Richard Sherman.

And I would add Sanders should be the last one to be talking about effort.
Rhodes' size and physicality is the only things that compare favorably to Sherman. He's no where near the ball hawk that Sherman is, and when the ball is in the air, he doesn't have the aggressive nature that Sherman has to go up and get it. Sherman honestly thinks he is better than every man he lines up against, and he will tell you that. I don't see anything like that with Rhodes, unfortunately.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Dexter Mccluster???
I think he is a much stronger runner. He could even project to be a starter level RB and be pretty good IMO.
bigbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.bigbenn is so money.

Quote:
Dexter Mccluster???
I think he is a much stronger runner. He could even project to be a starter level RB and be pretty good IMO.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw this posted over in r/nfl. Figured you guys could use it. It's all the combine numbers from all the players in one document

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...&rm=full#gid=7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
If the Chiefs were to trade for Alex Smith then taking Bray at the top of the second might make sense for the long run, top of the 3rd would be ideal.
As a Chiefs' fan, if I knew for certain that the intent behind getting Alex Smith was to be a placeholder for a drafted QB for a year or two, I'd have no problem with the Chiefs going that route. But this organization has a VERY long history of going after castoffs and pinning the fortunes entirely on that guy.

No one can convince me that Alex Smith is or should be a long-term solution. Alex Smith is supposed to be a very heady, team oriented guy. If the intent is to make that trade (I think he has 2 years left), then draft a guy within the first 3 rounds and let him develop while he watches Smith, count me in. Otherwise, I'm very nervous as a Chiefs fan.

But I am a Tyler Bray fan. I think he and Glennon, physically with regards to armstrength, are the best throwers in this draft (not saying they are the best QBs). Each have their issues of course. But I think if Bray can get his head screwed on right, he could have a pretty good future in the league.

Last edited by KaneMarko : 02-27-2013 at 10:50 AM.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
I think Bray is easily a 1st round talent at QB.
Well, I think he certainly has a golden arm that belongs in the first round. And he added a very good amount of weight. But the knock on him is between his ears. If I knew for certain he has outgrown that aspect of the profile, I'd project him as a first rounder. But, as it were, I think he's a 2nd rounder at best IMO. I think the Chiefs with their offensive coaching staff should consider him.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
As a Chiefs' fan, if I knew for certain that the intent behind getting Alex Smith was to be a placeholder for a drafted QB for a year or two, I'd have no problem with the Chiefs going that route. But this organization has a VERY long history of going after castoffs and pinning the fortunes entirely on that guy.

No one can convince me that Alex Smith is or should be a long-term solution. Alex Smith is supposed to be a very heady, team oriented guy. If the intent is to make that trade (I think he has 2 years left), then draft a guy within the first 3 rounds and let him develop while he watches Smith, count me in. Otherwise, I'm very nervous as a Chiefs fan.

But I am a Tyler Bray fan. I think he and Glennon, physically with regards to armstrength, are the best throwers in this draft (not saying they are the best QBs). Each have their issues of course. But I think if Bray can get his head screwed on right, he could have a pretty good future in the league.
Bray was a winner at the combine. The weight he put on really helps his cause - the way he was able to fling the ball around with ease was also impressive. I really want to hear how teams think he did in with interviews.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bray was a winner at the combine. The weight he put on really helps his cause - the way he was able to fling the ball around with ease was also impressive. I really want to hear how teams think he did in with interviews.
They say he is a real head case but you never know. Take Christine Michael, he is so talented that it is just a shame that he is such a head case as well. What a waste.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
They say he is a real head case but you never know. Take Christine Michael, he is so talented that it is just a shame that he is such a head case as well. What a waste.
How you oversleep at the combine and miss meetings with NFL TEAMS is beyond me. Just blatant attitude problems...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How you oversleep at the combine and miss meetings with NFL TEAMS is beyond me. Just blatant attitude problems...
Randy Moss overslept and missed a breakfast that included the team president, the head coach, and his hero Walter Payton...so the team took him off of their board.

In other news, this was interesting stuff from Lane Johnson:

Quote:
“One thing caught me off guard. I was meeting with Cincinnati, and I went in there and they told me to remember five things. They just listed five things like a bear, a flower, a tree, a man and like a dog. And they told me to remember those terms, at the end of the meeting to see if I could remember them. And from that point on, they listed numbers. They said, like, 9167, and then told me to repeat them in reverse order. So that was probably the weirdest meeting I’ve ever been a part of.”
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Too bad I didn't post in the best RB in 2013 class thread...Michael was honestly the RB I was going to pick and that was before the combine. Always liked him at A&M. He can dominate in the NFL he reminds me of LT.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SOnMyChest
Rookie

SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SOnMyChest is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Would really like to see game tape from that game. Patton put up 164 and 2 tds but no idea who was covering him.
It was almost exclusively Hawthorne
SOnMyChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOnMyChest View Post
It was almost exclusively Hawthorne
Patton didn't go off like his numbers would indicate. A big portion of the yardage came in a big chunk play in which Hawthorne was supposed to have help over the top. That was literally the only "bad" game you can find on him.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Patton didn't go off like his numbers would indicate. A big portion of the yardage came in a big chunk play in which Hawthorne was supposed to have help over the top. That was literally the only "bad" game you can find on him.
So Hawthorne, who you're promoting as a shutdown CB, was beaten like a drum by Patton, a 2nd round WR. Don't give me "he was expecting help over the top". If he's an NFL calibre CB he'd take Patton out of the game on his own and the coaches would expect that of him.

Why do you have such a hardon for this guy again?
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
So Hawthorne, who you're promoting as a shutdown CB, was beaten like a drum by Patton, a 2nd round WR. Don't give me "he was expecting help over the top". If he's an NFL calibre CB he'd take Patton out of the game on his own and the coaches would expect that of him.

Why do you have such a hardon for this guy again?

Help or no help, its literally the exception for Hawthorne. You won't find a CB who brings the overall package like he does in this draft. He has Pro Bowl potential off the bat.

Last edited by bigbenn : 02-28-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
bigbenn
Veteran

By the way what makes Hawthorne even more valuable, he can easily be a top FS after a long career at CB. I wouldn't even be surprised if a team took him as a FS. I was comparing him to Ed Reed out of HS when he was an absolute ball hawk/game changer at the position from ESL.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why no one on ESPN has said this yet instead of ripping the guy, but with the Te'o 40 time BS..... Burfict just this last year ran a what 4.9 something 40 time at the combine....and all he did was go undrafted then start at linebacker on a Playoff team and had 127 total tackles.

Te'o will be just fine, not saying it will happen but hell James Laurinaitis and Rey Maualuga fell into the 2nd round, who gives a **** they are both very good players at the next level. Sure everyone wants a Patrick Willis ILB with a fine 40 time but that is not going to always be the case.

Last edited by Ozzy : 03-01-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Why no one on ESPN has said this yet instead of ripping the guy, but with the Te'o 40 time BS..... Burfict just this last year ran a what 4.9 something 40 time at the combine....and all he did was go undrafted then start at linebacker on a Playoff team and had 127 total tackles.

Te'o will be just fine, not saying it will happen but hell James Laurinaitis and Rey Maualuga fell into the 2nd round, who gives a **** they are both very good players at the next level. Sure everyone wants a Patrick Willis ILB with a fine 40 time but that is not going to always be the case.
However, there are hundreds of prospects who faced similar situations and were out of the league in a hurry. Some team will take their chances on Te'o, likely in round 2, but he is no longer a sure thing.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What were people expecting from him? 4.7? 4.75? 4.82. From my perspective, Te'o did not run with the proper form used by track guys. He ran upright all the way while the fast guys usually explode with a more inclined stance and head down. If anything, it tells me Te'o does not know how to run a 40-yard dash. It does not mean he won't be able to play nickel defense in the NFL.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
What were people expecting from him? 4.7? 4.75? 4.82. From my perspective, Te'o did not run with the proper form used by track guys. He ran upright all the way while the fast guys usually explode with a more inclined stance and head down. If anything, it tells me Te'o does not know how to run a 40-yard dash. It does not mean he won't be able to play nickel defense in the NFL.
What were people expecting from him? People were probably expecting him to show up to the combine and be prepared for the combine drills.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
What were people expecting from him? People were probably expecting him to show up to the combine and be prepared for the combine drills.
Yeah, but how much did all this crap before the Combine affect his training. I've heard reports that his performance took a nosedive after the story came out and affected him in the NCG. There are reports from Notre Dame that this is actually what happened.

It just makes drafting him more of a risk and will likely drop him to round 2 but the beauty of pro sports is that in the end, next year will decide just how good he can be as a pro, that's the fate of all draftees no matter what round they get picked in.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
slats7
Rookie

slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slats7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but how much did all this crap before the Combine affect his training. I've heard reports that his performance took a nosedive after the story came out and affected him in the NCG. There are reports from Notre Dame that this is actually what happened.

It just makes drafting him more of a risk and will likely drop him to round 2 but the beauty of pro sports is that in the end, next year will decide just how good he can be as a pro, that's the fate of all draftees no matter what round they get picked in.
Pretty sure the Deadspin story came out after the NCG.
slats7 is offline   Reply With Quote