Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-23-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
It's not today, it's every year. I think it's worth investigating.
its your new stadium.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not today, it's every year. I think it's worth investigating.

Except when ten DBs run sub 4.5 next week.lol

Seriously, when two guys over 300# run sub 4.8, there are no excuses that the track is slow.
Look at the shoes those guys are wearing nowadays, those are damn near track spikes. Nope, track isn't slow. But I tend to lean towards the unofficial times over the electronic.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

Seriously, when two guys over 300# run sub 4.8, there are no excuses that the track is slow.
Look at the shoes those guys are wearing nowadays, those are damn near track spikes. Nope, track isn't slow. But I tend to lean towards the unofficial times over the electronic.
Wtf would you go for unofficial vs electronic?

This explains a lot actually.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really excited to see Marquise Goodwin run tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Craig, he looks good.

now to watch the tape.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really excited to see Marquise Goodwin run tomorrow.
I will shed a tear at how much Mack Brown wasted his talent.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I will shed a tear at how much Mack Brown wasted his talent.
Exactly. He screams a more polished DJax to me.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince painter made money today

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
its your new stadium.
I'm well aware of where the Combine is held every year. I work downtown, is hard to miss.

Quote:

Given that we have Field Turf, and therefore the same surface as lots of other teams, I assumed slow track comments were in effect referring to the electric timers. Especially with the official vs hand timed argument. Hand timed is almost always faster. I don't trust the electric timer.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown put on 13 lbs and says he feels fantastic with it. Now he's essentially the same size as the 4-3 MLB types.

6'0", 246 lb Kevin Minter
6'2", 243 lb Michael Mauti
6'2", 242 lb Alec Ogletree
6'1", 241 lb Manti Te'o
6'0", 241 lb Arthur Brown
6'3", 238 lb Kiko Alonso

He's got the second-longest arms of these guys, too.

If he shows that he can carry his new weight, he's shooting right up to #1 on my 4-3 MLB board. The only knock I had on him was bulk. I thought he'd have to be an OLB. On tape he was always the best of the 4-3 MLBs.

Te'o, on the other hand...it was one thing to be slow when we thought he was 6'2", 255 lb. It's entirely different now that his size is merely average...
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm well aware of where the Combine is held every year. I work downtown, is hard to miss.

Given that we have Field Turf, and therefore the same surface as lots of other teams, I assumed slow track comments were in effect referring to the electric timers. Especially with the official vs hand timed argument. Hand timed is almost always faster. I don't trust the electric timer.
I'm always shocked at people who believe that human reaction time is more accurate than a laser.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Arthur Brown put on 13 lbs and says he feels fantastic with it. Now he's essentially the same size as the 4-3 MLB types.

6'1", 241 lb Manti Te'o
6'3", 238 lb Kiko Alonso

If he shows that he can carry his new weight, he's shooting right up to #1 on my 4-3 MLB board. The only knock I had on him was bulk. I thought he'd have to be an OLB. On tape he was always the best of the 4-3 MLBs.

Te'o, on the other hand...it was one thing to be slow when we thought he was 6'2", 255 lb. It's entirely different now that his size is merely average...
Don't be fooled. Te'o played at close to 255# last season. He dropped weight for the combine in order to run fast.

He won't blaze IMO, but I would expect a time between 4.68-4.75, which is sort of fast for a guy who I don't think ever had great straight line speed.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm always shocked at people who believe that human reaction time is more accurate than a laser.
It's a mechanical system calibrated by humans. They've had problems with it before. I think it was '09 when they had to delay a bunch of guys' runs because of technical problems. Machines of course have the capability of being far more precise than people, but they're certainly not infallible.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:

The reason I prefer the hand time because it's the one used by many NFL scouts at the combine and pro days. NFL teams hand time these prospects themselves, even at the combine. They sit up in the stands with their own stopwatch and log what these prospects run in the 40.

Also the NFL combine 'electronic' 40 dash time is only partial electronic, at the end. The beginning is manually timed, or when the clock is manually started.

It's not like in the Olympics when runners have to react to the sound of the gun which is when the electronic timing starts.

When a guy who runs a 9.85 in the Olympics can 'only' run a 4.42 verified at Indy, it tells you the NFL's electronic timing method is flawed.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

6'1", 241 lb Manti Te'o
6'3", 238 lb Kiko Alonso

... And my hopes and dreams of Brown being available at pick #32 are slowly fading away :-(
Old 02-24-2013, 06:26 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reason I prefer the hand time because it's the one used by many NFL scouts at the combine and pro days. NFL teams hand time these prospects themselves, even at the combine. They sit up in the stands with their own stopwatch and log what these prospects run in the 40.

Also the NFL combine 'electronic' 40 dash time is only partial electronic, at the end. The beginning is manually timed, or when the clock is manually started.

It's not like in the Olympics when runners have to react to the sound of the gun which is when the electronic timing starts.

When a guy who runs a 9.85 in the Olympics can 'only' run a 4.42 verified at Indy, it tells you the NFL's electronic timing method is flawed.
I've always read that many world-class sprinters only run in the 4.4 range for their first 40 yards. Before electronic timing, this was used as evidence that "hand times" were flawed. Scouts were too quick to hit the button, because there's no freaking way that these football players run the 40 faster than the fastest man in the world. Now it's apparently evidence that electronic timing is flawed.

There's a huge difference between running 100 meters and running 40 yards. I think some elite NFL athletes are legitimately faster in short bursts, but would slow down significantly over 100 meters. Football is a game that's played in fractions of a second, and the guys who make it to the NFL are insanely fast-twitch.

I don't know why the NFL doesn't just shell out some cash and use a laser timing method.

Last edited by WCH : 02-24-2013 at 06:40 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I've always read that many world-class sprinters only run in the 4.4 range for their first 40 yards. Before electronic timing, this was used as evidence that "hand times" were flawed. Scouts were too quick to hit the button, because there's no freaking way that these football players run the 40 faster than the fastest man in the world. Now it's apparently evidence that electronic timing is flawed.

There's a huge difference between running 100 meters and running 40 yards. I think some elite NFL athletes are legitimately faster in short bursts, but would slow down significantly over 100 meters. Football is a game that's played in fractions of a second, and the guys who make it to the NFL are insanely fast-twitch.
Wel it's possible. A lot of 100m sprinters carry that speed through to the finish.

These football players train solely to get to the 40 yard line.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:03 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

I don't know why the NFL doesn't just shell out some cash and use a laser timing method.
I agree, except that every world class 100m sprinter is insanely fast twitch.
One of the key elements for running fast in the sprints is the start, and I would think an athlete who has typically among the fastest starts in the world would run a mindblowing 40.

I get that it's a different race and a 100 meter sprinter is going to be faster over the last 40 meters than he is during the first 40 meters, but I still don't understand how some 100 meter sprinters don't put up elite 40 yard dash numbers.

You're right the NFL should move entirely to a completely electronically timed system and remove the human element altogether.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Yeah, we went over this whenever Chris Johnson was talking **** to Usain Bolt. Some sports scientist used high speed camera footage and showed that Bolt's world record 100m time in which claimed that he sprinted the entire time was 4.23s in the first 40 yards with the wind at his back estimated to have taken 0.05 seconds off of his time. In a dome, that's 4.28s. He didn't manage to hit top speed until after the first 40 were done.

It's also notable that the use of starting blocks takes time off, too. Bolt and anyone else running track have starting blocks. Guys running the 40 don't.

So, yeah, I'm guessing that a guy who's .3 seconds slower than that could easily be in the 4.4s. The car that's fastest in a 1 mile race isn't necessarily the one that's fastest 0-60.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-24-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus it's not like the Olympic sprinters are much better athletes, or even better at all. The NFL players that are running in the 4.2s/4.3s could probably be Olympic runners themselves if that's what they trained for.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tavon Austin will be the first wideout to run the 40 at 9am. Im hoping he can hit 4.3

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Wow, 4.25 for Tavon.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh, damn. Tavon is fast, much faster than Bailey as I said months ago.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow is right, I knew he could get into the 4.3's probably but 4.25 is insane!

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg View Post
Uh, damn. Tavon is fast, much faster than Bailey as I said months ago.
Was it ever a mystery that Tavon is faster than Bailey?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote