Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-03-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default MVN reports giants make offer for Lance Briggs....

initally it was reported that we offered #20 overall to the Bears for Briggs.

http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/2007/04/02...er-for-briggs/

then they updated saying that the trade would be a swap of first round picks, a 3rd rounder, and a 6th or 7th. But that the Giants expressing interest was partially to screw the Redskins over.

http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/2007/04/02/briggs-update/

I dont really like it at all. if we wanted to make a big move this offseason, it should have been to sign a cornerback. I would rather have Poz then Briggs to be honest with you. Much better attitude, younger, less mileage, and a lot cheaper.

I dont like this at all. Not one bit.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:33 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I doubt it will happen, mainly because of the redskins. We just added another young LB in free agency, Jason Mitchell from Tennessee. He's only 24 years old, 6'1" 240 and recently ran a 4.55 forty. He had quite a nasty injury and therefore wasn't drafted, but the defensive coordinator at Tennessee said he was the most talented LB he's coached in 26 years.

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/signings.cfm

It looks like we are doing just what Reese said, getting younger and deeper. Our LB corp. is very young and full of potential. I doubt we'll get Briggs.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Mithchell was brought in as a guy that will compete for a roster spot, likely on the same level as a Tyson Smith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Mithchell was brought in as a guy that will compete for a roster spot, likely on the same level as a Tyson Smith.
Agreed. But I hope he gets a spot on our roster. If we don't add any more LBs, i'd have these guys as our LBers.

WLB - Gerris Wilkinson, Jason Mitchell
MLB - Antonio Pierce, Kawika Mitchell
SLB - Mathias Kiwanuka, Chase Blackburn, Reggie Torbor
Old 04-03-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Agreed. But I hope he gets a spot on our roster. If we don't add any more LBs, i'd have these guys as our LBers.

We will draft a LB, most likely on day one.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-04-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see Briggs on the Giants and they were originally the most likely team for Briggs to be traded to.
________
NO2 VAPORIZER

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 07:36 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Briggs>>>>Poz

Its not even a comparison
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha this is going to get exciting. JA is playing with Snyder here, and I love it!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Kawika Mitchell is gonna start kiwi is a DE
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Kawika Mitchell is gonna start kiwi is a DE
Mitchell signed for backup money. 1 year 1 million dollars? He'll have to compete, just like the rest of our guys.

I realize that Kiwi is a DE, but there has been speculation of him moving to SLB due to his athleticism. I'd love to see that happen. He can put his athleticism to better use at OLB IMO.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Mitchell signed for backup money. 1 year 1 million dollars? He'll have to compete, just like the rest of our guys.

I realize that Kiwi is a DE, but there has been speculation of him moving to SLB due to his athleticism. I'd love to see that happen. He can put his athleticism to better use at OLB IMO.
He won't be a full time OLB, just on passing downs.

And Mitchell will start barring injury, I guarantee it.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-04-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh please dont trade for briggs- i think there are plenty of talented OLB in this draft. Even a justin durant round 3 would b great- i do not want to start giving this guy 6-8 million a year and watch him blow it. Its not worth it. Build through the draft

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hate the idea at SLB, there was a reason not even 3-4 teams didn't look at him as a OLB
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I'd trade 20 for Briggs in about a quarter of a second. He's the best outside linebacker in the league in my opinion, and he's still very young. The draft options at linebacker in the first aren't great, and none of the 3 olb's who could potentially be selected in our spot will likely amount to what Briggs is.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182 View Post
I'd trade 20 for Briggs in about a quarter of a second. He's the best outside linebacker in the league in my opinion, and he's still very young. The draft options at linebacker in the first aren't great, and none of the 3 olb's who could potentially be selected in our spot will likely amount to what Briggs is.
The question is, would you give up more than that? Because I am hearing the Bears would expect at the very least a 1st and 4th or 1st and 2008 day one pick.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-04-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Asante Samuel unhappy??
Old 04-05-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Asante Samuel unhappy??
yea I heard but I'd rather have Briggs because we cut emmons and lavar so olb is a bigger need than db. Also, we could always draft a DB if we get briggs.
________
bondage girl Webcam

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 07:37 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God just when I wanted this Briggs thing to die already, Asante S. issues comes out. Ah well, 3 more weeks!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote