Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
As I mentioned in another thread, I don't know why the Jets would take less for Revis just to include Sanchez in a deal. They should take their lumps with/bench Sanchez this year, whatever they prefer, and then cut him next year. That cap room isn't going to do them any good right now.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to lose a mid round pick from TB just to dump Sanchez's salary. It would have been enticing before free agency started. Kind of dumb to do that now.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
You are the idiot if you actually believe that story.
Honestly, there's a good chance. Jets want to shed Sanchez's contract. Bucs want to upgrade at back up QB. There could be a negotation to the point if Dom takes Sanchez in the deal, could cut us some slack on picks. Who knows.

I'm not in favor of trading for Revis. He's a major headache, wants 16 million a year, is never happy with his contract, and will cost high picks to get. I think it's a poor move financially and could only benefit in 2013, then the cap problems will start to begin and our team will struggle to retain some of the younger guys who are actually worth keeping.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The guys you listed are expendable, your coach supposedly doesn't like your QB, and Revis isn't getting 12 million a year guaranteed. He'd be lucky to get 12 million a year, period. Maybe a team goes nuts and gives him 13, but most of that (half?) will not be guaranteed.

Tell that to Darrell Revis he wont get 12 million. He wants 16 pal. And Yes, he's held out twice before. Heck, if it weren't for the clause in his contract, he would have held out in the 2012 offseason. He will not be happy with his contract.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Tell that to Darrell Revis he wont get 12 million. He wants 16 pal. And Yes, he's held out twice before. Heck, if it weren't for the clause in his contract, he would have held out in the 2012 offseason. He will not be happy with his contract.
I'm sure he won't be happy, but at the same time he will have to realize that no owner is going to give him 16 million (at least not per year). He might get some fluff to push his numbers to "upto" 16 million a year, but his actual contract will be in the 10-12 million a year range with a substantial amount guaranteed.

The reality is, the more he gets paid in this contract, the more likely he is to not see it. He needs to push for guaranteed dollars or else he'll be on the street after half a bad season.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I respect your opinion and it's not misinformed, but I disagree with all three. I can see No. 3 though.

1) That's based on Freeman. The only way signing THE BEST CB IN THE GAME to a huge deal (impact position, impact player - people are infatuated with cap room - you WANT to use your cap room on good players...) will really hurt their cap in the next few years is if Freeman commands a huge deal. Which would mean your franchise QB took the next step. That's not a bad situation. And they can afford to pay those players regardless. No one else on the team is making any money besides VJax. Plus, you have to trust your cap guys - I'm sure Revis' deal will be front-loaded for the same reasons you've pointed out... it just makes sense. They are going to guarantee him a boatload. What's the point of playing 2013 with 10-15 mil in cap room?

2) I've said this countless times. The deal is done. They've already done it. Revis' holdouts were the product of the Jets making bad promises to pay him because they wanted to use that money on other players bc they thought they were SB caliber. Revis has consistently said he deserves to be the top paid CB because he's the best. And he's right. He's always had an argument. Once he signs his deal he'll be all smiles.

3) It's not a bad point. But a 22-year old rookie has about a .01% chance to be as effective as Revis and the plan to draft a guy and have a starter for 10 years is a borderline pipe dream (most first round picks do not net that result). The point here isn't to set things up like you're playing a Madden franchise. The Bucs are making a calculated move to improve the team in 2013, 2014, and 2015. That's GS/MD's window. Revis helps that. I don't think it's any more cut-and-dry than that. Adding him won't KILL their cap so long as they're wise with their other signings. You should pay big money to big players, not keep cap space in hopes that you will find big players. I think they'll be able to afford McCoy and Williams in addition to Revis and that's based on very very very rough math (you aren't paying huge money to anyone else besides VJax).

Freeman might make it dicey but if you want to extend him, that's a GOOD thing.

And I can feel the Nnamdi comparisons coming, I really can, and don't even go there. Revis has always been so much better and even if he has a drop in production, predicting a fall from grace like Nnamdi's is just silly.
Front-loading Revis' contract is the very worst thing you could do. It's all fine and dandy while he is in the first couple of years getting huge bases and giant bonuses, but when you get to year 3 and he sees that he is only due $5.5 million, that is when he will demand a new deal. That is what his beef is right now...only getting $6 million this season. He has long since forgotten the huge signing bonus and the fat money he got earlier in this deal, and he will do the same next time around as well. You can tell yourself what you want, but Revis will NEVER be happy with his contract unless he is getting way more than the next guy. He is arrogant and has a sense of entitlement that only grows every time he throws a fit and then gets what he wants.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Revis has already taken the first step and said he will report to camp on time no matter what happens post-draft.

I can easily see Revis playing with Jets next year.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
At least Revis has already taken the first step and said he will report to camp on time no matter what happens post-draft.

I can easily see Revis playing with Jets next year.
I can too...he can't be tagged, so he will either get paid big now or play his ass off and sign a huge FA contract next offseason.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis Trade: Bogus From the beginning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
..... and here's why. These are the facts:

• Revis is a free agent in 2014, and can't be franchised per a current contract agreement
  • Jets' owner Woody Johnson wants Revis gone
  • Jets' GM John Idzik knows he can't let a commodity like Revis get away without some return for the Jets

I believe, given Revis' very fragile mental state about his contracts, that most..... if not ALL..... teams in the NFL, want to stay away from Revis like a milkshake with AIDS. So..... how do you.....as a GM trying to trade a player like this...... drum up some interest? Well kids, you turn to an old friend and ask for help.

Insert: Mark Dominik. More facts, please!

• Jets' GM John Idzik served in the Bucs personnel department in various capacities for over 10 years, from 1991 to 2001
  • Current Bucs' GM Mark Dominik was brought on by the Bucs in 1995 as a personnel assistant; the same position Idzik held at the time
  • Their offices were next to each others for 2 years at One Buc Place; and down the hall for 6 years

Start doing the math, and realize that the Bucs don't operate publicly.... ever..... and it equals Revis is not going to be a Buc. It was a ruse from the start.

Bottom Line: Idzik likely asked Dominik, his good friend, for a favor to "negotiate" a trade for Revis, hoping to drum up some other teams' anxiety of losing Revis to swoop in and "steal him" from the Bucs grasp. And so far, it's backfired. Hence, the "trade has 'stalled' stories". False!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Quote:
Oh, that that's also why the net gain of a first and second round pick to the Jets was reported..... and why it seems insanely high...... is that when came calling and offered something a little less..... say just ONE first round pick or a couple of second round picks..... it would seem like a bargain..... given what the Bucs were going to give up......

Adding to this...... the Bucs may be coyly showing public interest, like they did with Dashon Goldson LAST offseason before he signed with the 49ers, to go to him next year and say...... "look, we were the only real interest out there, we still want you".....

These NFL players, and their egos, are like chicks. They love the attention, and flattery..... well..... it gets you everywhere.

There's a reason Goldson signed with Tampa..... and it's all just MArk Dominik setting it up. Shame the media types can't see it. I do. All Dominik is doing, at MOST..... is setting himself up for a play in 2014 to sign Revis. Without getting rid of his drafts.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m
Breakthrough: Jets have granted permission for CB Darrelle Revis to visit Tampa Bay and undergo a physical with the Buccanners, per sources.

**** just got real.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m
Breakthrough: Jets have granted permission for CB Darrelle Revis to visit Tampa Bay and undergo a physical with the Buccanners, per sources.

**** just got real.
He'll be a Buc by Thursday's Draft.
I wonder how his knee will hold up, especially the first time Steve Smith twists him around deaking left, right, left again.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:36 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Revis Trade: Bogus From the beginning...

Adding to this...... the Bucs may be coyly showing public interest, like they did with Dashon Goldson LAST offseason before he signed with the 49ers, to go to him next year and say...... "look, we were the only real interest out there, we still want you".....

These NFL players, and their egos, are like chicks. They love the attention, and flattery..... well..... it gets you everywhere.

There's a reason Goldson signed with Tampa..... and it's all just MArk Dominik setting it up. Shame the media types can't see it. I do. All Dominik is doing, at MOST..... is setting himself up for a play in 2014 to sign Revis. Without getting rid of his drafts.
It's not a bad correlation between the two situations but they are in fact two completely different situations.

The trade and contract have been done for a while. It's just up to Tampa's doctors.

I'm surprised the leaky Jets haven't already told someone in the media the compensation. Bravo for keeping such a tight ship... Pfffffffff
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see Revis go. I wouldn't trade him. Now the Jets better hit on their draft picks to make this even remotely acceptable.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be hilarious if all they wind up getting out of this trade is Xavier Rhodes.

That would be such a Jet thing to do.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Sad to see Revis go. I wouldn't trade him. Now the Jets better hit on their draft picks to make this even remotely acceptable.
Meh. He is a luxury, not a necessity. Jets did fine in passing D without him last year. Had he been present, how many more games do the Jets win, if any? Might as well see what you can get for him if he isn't going to be a part of your franchise's future with his ransom demands.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It will be hilarious if all they wind up getting out of this trade is Xavier Rhodes.

That would be such a Jet thing to do.
I'm going to be pissed if they take a corner early, but it would be a classic Jets move. Idzik's been okay thus far, but he hasn't done anything big (which is part of why he's been good, since most of the big stuff he could have done would be stupid). Not a huge fan of trading Revis either, though they've basically had to do it since they guaranteed Cromartie's money for next year, so I'm hoping this isn't a segue into him having an awful first draft. But we shall see.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo 20m
Jets and Bucs have already agreed on the trade, Revis and Bucs have agreed on basic contract, deal should be finalized by tonight or Mon AM
10 characters.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm anxious to see what we'd be giving away.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

It's going to be our first for sure, just hope any additional picks are next year.
Not picking up a free agent CB really hurt our leverage, we had to make this trade happen.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bucs are really questionable where it matters most, QB and pass rush, but they've got themselves one hell of a secondary to go with the rebuilt running game. Fix up the DL and pray Freeman can get on a roll and Bucs could be back in the playoffs right quick.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm guessing a deal for Ivory happens once they secure the picks from this deal? Seems like the dominoes are starting to fall that way. Ivory for a 5th round pick would be a nice move if they get a 4th or 5th back from this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rotoworld says latest rumor is a 1, 3, and 5. I hope one of those picks is 2014...
Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So I'm guessing a deal for Ivory happens once they secure the picks from this deal? Seems like the dominoes are starting to fall that way. Ivory for a 5th round pick would be a nice move if they get a 4th or 5th back from this deal.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking makes sense. We'll see, but Ivory for a 5th would definitely be a nice trade on paper for both sides.

Quote:
Rotoworld says latest rumor is a 1, 3, and 5. I hope one of those picks is 2014...
I don't really get that logic to be honest. The 2013 picks are worth more, and they can still flip 2013 selections for 2014 picks in draft day trades. That 3rd could end up being a 2014 2nd from another team.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah that's what I'm thinking makes sense. We'll see, but Ivory for a 5th would definitely be a nice trade on paper for both sides.

I don't really get that logic to be honest. The 2013 picks are worth more, and they can still flip 2013 selections for 2014 picks in draft day trades. That 3rd could end up being a 2014 2nd from another team.
If they do that I'll be very happy.

I guess in a way you can sort of pencil in a 2013 3rd as a 2014 2nd if you really want to...

But I just hope they get 2014 picks.

Or Nassib... uh-oh
Old 04-21-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
If they do that I'll be very happy.

I guess in a way you can sort of pencil in a 2013 3rd as a 2014 2nd if you really want to...

But I just hope they get 2014 picks.

Or Nassib... uh-oh
We'll see what they do, I'd just take a 2013 3rd over a 2014 3rd given the choice. If it's a 2013 3rd vs. a 2014 2nd then I can see where you're coming from.

Hopefully they don't reach for a QB. Still don't get the Nassib love. Thursday's going to be interesting.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The bucs are really questionable where it matters most, QB and pass rush, but they've got themselves one hell of a secondary to go with the rebuilt running game. Fix up the DL and pray Freeman can get on a roll and Bucs could be back in the playoffs right quick.
Schiano likes to blitz a lot, in theory Revis allows us to do that. I expect a DT early in the draft and a DE at some point. Plus Clayborne will be back this year so that should help.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote