Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-02-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good Packer draft.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it for TN. Chance obviously fits, but Ziggy is the guy I want there. I won't be shocked if he's gone. Okafor in the 2nd is a good pick to me. I was fairly impressed with what I saw of him and we have no DE depth. Some think Okafor is a 1st rounder, but does he have enough pass rush ability? Throw in a DT like Jordan Hill in the 3rd and I'd be a happy mang.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be content if the Cowboys got Short & Warford in the 1st 2 rounds.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Xavier Rhodes and Menelik instead please. Don't know enough about Armstead and we have ZERO need for a DT. LOVE the Tank pick though.
Love the GIF, I knew the DT pick would not be well recieved, and I dont think they would go there, although I think if you want to beat the Pats, interior pass rush is a good way to get Brady unsettled, and I know you guys have some depth/options there, especially if Starks comes back, I just dont see the athleticism and pass rush. Mostly it was a value pick. Armstead is a guy I started watching before my last mock (pre-combine hype), and had him in the second round? But has been ascending, and is one of the most athletic T prospects in the draft, a little raw, but is technically sound in pass pro, IMO the dolphins will be lucky if he is there for them in the second round. Needs to get stronger and finish blocks in the run game, could be a end of round 1 guy come april.
Rhodes makes sense, and IMO Armstead and Menelik are very similar, I just think Armstead has a better understanding of the game, is a more "heady" if you will type of player, and is less raw with better consistancy overall.
Tank could be a real value for someone, lucky you in this mock, hopefully unlucky later...
A real mock (this was more for fun) would likely have someone other than Richardson, but IMO Armstead should/could be a likely target for the Phins in round 2.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Arthur Brown is nice. Banks isn't though. That's good value for him but CB isn't a need and I'm not sure about projecting him to FS.
Hmm... I really like Banks to the Ravens on a value (right down Newsomes alley) and kind of on the need scale (potentially). He actually played FS in high school and initially at Miss. St. where he flurished as a freshman. I dont see Williams coming back in FA right now, and I think he is a similar type of player, who could transition to FS in the future, or if they can not bring back Reed, and IMO is an impact starter there who is better than the depth. I do know you all have some depth at corner, so in that respect, I do agree with you, think that Banks is a upgrade though. Real mock probably does not have the Ravens taking a CB that early in all reality. In regards to Banks I do think he is a much better gamer than his measurables dictate, cant coach instincts, his knee was an issue last season and affected his play and IMO his combine, should not be an issue moving forward from what I have read/heard.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Not a fan of this combo or its value at all.
Thomas is a guy I like alot, especially as I watch more of him, his instincts are exceptional, as is his feel for the game. Reminds me of Jarius Byrd in that he does not have exceptional measurables, but watching the tape... He is an NFL defender, who also has great ball skills. I think he is under valued alot right now. I think the team that lands him, late first to early second gets a steal. I know his "value" amongst most is 2-3ish, I disagree, especially after the senior bowl. His timed speed and functional football speed (instincts included) are two different things from what I see. I love the fit if Gholston leaves, love it.
Hunt on the other hand... I dont understand the love, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" is a perfect, perfect description of him. Not impressed with any tape on him, his senior bowl efforts either. IMO he has bust written all over him, unless someone can light a fire under his @$$. I just dont think his lack of instincts or feel for the game translate. Now this was a post combine hype mock, which is the only reason I had him in the first two rounds, would not touch him until the 5th in this draft myself. But the hype train has him as a second borderline first from what I have seen. Eww.... Dont blame you at all on this one.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Gooden seems a bit high but Lacy and Vaccaro are good pick.
I agree, but given his 40 time, the hype puts him that high, ultimately I dont think he goes off the board before the 3rd round myself, but you never know with his measurables... I do agree with the Lacy and Vaccaro being good picks, although I do not like Vaccaro as much as others do.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 View Post
Great for the the Bears
I thought it worked out well for them, Watson is more of a project than most think IMO, but certainly has the upside factor working for him.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Keenan Allen, Danadre Hopkins, Eifert or Kenny Vaccaro would be much better than Moore in the first, im just not to sure about moore. I wouldnt hate it but i dont think hes the talent his numbers might indicate

Shamarko is nice, but i think id prefer elam in 2, or definitely lacy

Vaccaro
Lacy

or

Allen
Elam/Lacy
For Moore not being as talented as his numbers would indicate, I am examining that now. I do think right now he is a steal as a replacement for Harrison. You certainly are on to something IMO.
I am on the Shamarko train, had him as a third rounder after the season, only because he is not great in pass coverage, overly aggressive too much, but with a quality FS behind him, certainly could have a Troy/Bob type impact on the game. He's got a second round grade now from me.
I am not as high on Elam, but he makes sense, Allen/Lacy would be a nice combination IMO...
Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes indeed terrible sf draft!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by apernesky View Post
Given the new signing rules & the success of ROOKIE QBs I cant see anyone passing on these qbs over a full round.. I hear about how LUCK was such a better QB than these guys... BUT was Wilson, Weeden, or TANNHILL ...
I understand that the new wage scale and success of rookie QB's make passing on these guys unlikely, but rookie success is not common place. Luck, Griffin and Wilson all ended up on solid teams lacking a QB. The point of this mock was a post combine hype mock, and none of the QB's did anything to help themselves establish a first round grade. Personally I dont have first round grades on any QB in this draft right now, although Smith and Wilson are close IMO right now, and Barkley could depending on his pro day, but he is going to have to nail it.
Luck and Griffin IMO were both head and shoulders above any QB taken in years IMO. I would put Tannihill above all of these guys, maybe on par with Smith and T.Wilson right now, R. Wilson about on par with these guys is where I had him, and Weeden slightly below. Hindsight coming into play, R. Wilson is better than all of this years QB's, although I still like T.Wilson alot.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
53 Washington Jonathan Cyprien (SS Florida International)

I felt the same way, I think one way or another they will get a quality starter in the second round given their needs.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I like it. Packers need to get more physical at the LOS and Williams does that immediately. Getting Patton late in the 2nd would be fantastic.
I loved this mock for the Packers, Williams helps the physicality of the defensive front and allows Raji to slide towards the perimeter where I think he is more effective in their front. I liked Patton alot initially, then less, but am high on him now again, and think he is a steal that late.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Seattle will do that probably. Probably their exact draft. Yea, 95% sure. Actually 100% sure. Actually 110%.
I thought it worked out well for them, I am a big Hopkins guy, although I am not so high on Sylvester, but I thought that would be a good first two rounds for the Seahawks.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
This works for me I think.
Diverse pass rusher and physical corner, sounded like Bradley style defensive picks to be...
Old 03-04-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
Great pick for the Saints.
I thought so, I like the fit in Ryans Defense. Coming from L.S.U. I am sure would help him to connect to the fan base.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Barkley to the Jets would make heads explode....give the Jets either Warford or Reid.
I get the U.S.C. connection, but is every Michigan and Notre Dame QB going first overall because they win multiple Super Bowls?? I honestly think Zach Dysert should go #1 overall because Big Ben won multiple Super Bowls.... If you dont like S-Cali QB's because they dont seem to pan out, I will listen... Warford would be nice though...
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
If he's your No.2 QB, why is Barkley ahead of him? I just can't see the Jets taking Barkley...the fan rage would be too much.
Because I think Barkley is rated higher on many teams boards, and despite not throwing at the combine, his size and physical dimensions checked out better than what many thought they would. GM's dont listen to the fans, and as such we need to accept that for what it is. Not saying the fan rage would not be definning, because I think it would be.

I will probably put out a WWP51 do draft soon, in which case Wilson would go ahead of him, as would Ryan Nassib right now. Barkley's pro day and ability to throw the deep ball will have alot to say about where he goes.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Trendy fail picks give me the squirts.
The only reason is that this is a "post combine hype mock", because in general I dont agree with the Floyd in the top 5 hype.
Depends can help you with that situation.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
crappy SF draft
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Yes indeed terrible sf draft!
If Gholston leaves in FA do you like the first pick more? I agree with the Hunt pick being crappy, imagine J. Smith watching him play, get abused than Hunt coming over to the sideline and likely getting decked... That would be great...
This was a post combine hype mock, and Jane certainly "impressed" in her skivvies....
Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersrock151 View Post
Like both Steelers' picks. Growing used to seeing a former top-5 guy falling to them. but I think they can hold out to the 3rd or 4th for Shamarko Thomas. Too many good safety prospects this year for him to go that early.
Moore certainly has the numbers, but his approach and ability are certainly under screwtny right now. At this point a good value IMO, but that could change.
I like Thomas alot, he brings a physicality to the defense many of the other prospects are just missing, and his measurables add up to his game tape, not sure him makes it into the 3rd IMO.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jCut View Post
Not a bad Denver mock. I like Minter, but I don't believe he is better player than Nate Irving. I also like Brandon Williams, though I'd prefer Johnthan Banks.
I thought about that, but considered the D.J. Williams being traded/released rumors and thought that Irving could slide over and Minter into the middle given thier skill sets, interested to hear what you have to say about that thought process (not to be a jerk, if it comes across that way).
I thought about a couple of corners in that spot, and did not like Banks because of his current lack of long speed. I also liked Williams hype at that pick in this post combine hype mock.
I am sure the real thing wont look like this.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98

Usually hate Joekel to the Eagles, but if we are getting Geno in rd 2, then I like it. You get the best QB-OT tandem in the draft and hope to build a top 5 offense like we've had in the past while hoping we hit on defense late in the draft and in FA.
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting, but I do like it to an extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Datone Jones is one of my favorite prospects in this draft. I'm digging Carradine right now but Jones would make me happy.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote