Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-07-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Lacy doesn't seem like he'd be a good fit and there aren't any LTs worth taking at that spot. Elam would start right away at SS over McMillian.
When you have two good (and young) SS's you don't go and draft another in the first round. If we're getting a safety it's going to be a FS.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
When you have two good (and young) SS's you don't go and draft another in the first round. If we're getting a safety it's going to be a FS.
Who would the Packers take then given the board they have in this mock? Lacy? Don't think he'd be an ideal fit there, so who else if not Lacy?
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who would the Packers take then given the board they have in this mock? Lacy? Don't think he'd be an ideal fit there, so who else if not Lacy?
Would probably be easier to name players I wouldn't take over Matt Elam there.

But okay:

J Williams
Hankins
Lacy
Hopkins
Te'o
Cyprien
Short
Ertz
Minter
S Williams
Brown
Watson
Carradine
Jenkins
Greene
Amerson
Hunt
Woods
Bernard
Hunter
Patton
Escobar

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-07-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who would you have the Redskins take there instead? Hunt would be an ideal scheme fit, is solid value, and is a position of need.
Position of need? Until we cut Carriker, I wouldnt have DE in the Skins top 5 even for needs. CB, S (SS and FS), RT, TE, ILB, and even RB/WR are more of a need at this point than DE. Even if we cut Carriker, I'd still consider DLine a late round need for depth moreso than 2nd round. Jarvis came on well at the end of the year and I imagine he will continue to progress and Bowen has been very solid on the other side. Based on your mock, Patton, Hunter, Logan Ryan, Robert Alford, Duke Williams (I am higher on Duke than most), even Escobar would be better picks.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would probably be easier to name players I wouldn't take over Matt Elam there.

But okay:

J Williams
Hankins
Lacy
Hopkins
Te'o
Cyprien
Short
Ertz
Minter
S Williams
Brown
Watson
Carradine
Jenkins
Greene
Amerson
Hunt
Woods
Bernard
Hunter
Patton
Escobar
A 1st round NT, WR, ILB or CB is going to get playing time right? Escobar or Patton 1st round you're just trolling.

Short would make sense if Worthy's 2013 status is in question. Cyprien would have a harder time getting on the field than Elam I really don't see how that makes much sense. He's also widely regarded as the 3rd best safety behind Elam still...

Last edited by Robcards : 03-07-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where are you getting that Johnson isn't that far behind Fisher? Everything I've seen thus far indicates that the gap from Joeckel/Fisher to Johnson is pretty big. Not as big as Johnson to the next LT but still, I haven't seen anyone indicate that Lane Johnson would be worth the #7 pick, I even thought 11 to SD was stretching it but I think that's mainly due to his value getting artificially increased from the lack of solid LTs after him.
watching tape. johnson even has the most upside

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
watching tape. johnson even has the most upside

What about the tape? What scouts and evaluators have said Johnson isn't far behind? Who's boards have Johnson right behind or ahead of either Fisher or Joeckel? Simply saying Johnson isn't far behind Fisher or Joeckel doesn't make it so.

Also I never questioned Johnson's upside, however Fisher and Joeckel have huge ceilings as well so that isn't really advantage Johnson by any means.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A 1st round NT, WR, ILB or CB is going to get playing time right? Escobar or Patton 1st round you're just trolling.
A 1st round NT? Yes they could get playing time. BJ Raji and Pickett are the only big guys we have. Raji hasn't been all that great recently and i'd be surprised if Pickett is with us past next year.

A 1st round WR? Yes. They would be the #4 receiver. We use a lot of spread/multiple receiver sets. Jordy Nelson and Cobb both had injuries last season. Jones' contract is up soon. Cobb was our #4 receiver this year and he had 80 receptions, 900 yards and 8 TD's.

A 1st round ILB. Hell yes. AJ Hawk sucks. Brad Jones is not really an ILB and he also sucks. DJ Smith and Desmond Bishop are both coming back from season ending injuries. And DJ Smith is a solid starter at best.

I didn't name a single CB in that list, soo....Amerson would be playing FS for us. Because FS is actually a need...

I didn't say we should take Escobar or Patton in the 1st. I said I would take them over Matt Elam. And quite frankly I think Matt Elam in the first is just as bad Escobar and Patton. Add in the fact that SS is not a position of need and it's a horrible, horrible pick.

Stop making mock drafts and stop trying to use logic. You aren't very good at either.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 03-07-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
A 1st round NT? Yes they could get playing time. BJ Raji and Pickett are the only big guys we have. Raji hasn't been all that great recently and i'd be surprised if Pickett is with us past next year.

A 1st round WR? Yes. They would be the #4 receiver. We use a lot of spread sets. Jordy Nelson and Cobb both had injuries last season. Jones' contract is up soon. Cobb was out #4 receiver this year and he 80 receptions, 900 yards and 8 TD's.

A 1st round ILB. Hell yes. AJ Hawk sucks. Brad Jones is not really an ILB and is average at best. DJ Smith and Desmond Bishop are both coming back from season ending injuries. And DJ Smith is a solid starter at best.

I didn't name a single CB in that list, soo....Amerson would be playing FS for us. Because FS is actually a need...

I didn't say we should take Escobar or Patton in the 1st. I said I would take them over Matt Elam. And quite frankly I think Matt Elam in the first is just as bad Escobar and Patton. Add in the fact that SS is not a position of need and it's a horrible, horrible pick.
You're trolling. A 4th WR in the 1st round or 5th ILB (you also forgot you drafted Terrell Manning in the 3rd round last year too) would be solid but a SS that many have 1st round grades on when you're projecting a sub package 4th round safety from last year as your new starter, no no that's the terrible pick.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about the tape? What scouts and evaluators have said Johnson isn't far behind? Who's boards have Johnson right behind or ahead of either Fisher or Joeckel? Simply saying Johnson isn't far behind Fisher or Joeckel doesn't make it so.

Also I never questioned Johnson's upside, however Fisher and Joeckel have huge ceilings as well so that isn't really advantage Johnson by any means.
why would i base my opinions off of someone elses?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:

Stop making mock drafts and stop trying to use logic. You aren't very good at either.
LOL right man, your logic is flawless though I'm sure.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
why would i base my opinions off of someone elses?
Thousands of people getting paid money to evaluate prospects are probably going to be right more often than you are. It's deflating to your ego, I know, but true none the less.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You're trolling. A 4th WR in the 1st round or 5th ILB (you also forgot you drafted Terrell Manning in the 3rd round last year too) would be solid but a SS that many have 1st round grades on when you're projecting a sub package 4th round safety from last year as your new starter, no no that's the terrible pick.
We drafted Cobb in the 2nd when we had Jennigs, Nelson, Jones AND a Jermichael Finley that actually did catching. And as I said Jones' could be gone next season. We aren't just drafting for this season. Teams aren't that short sighted.

A 1st round pick at ILB wouldn't be out 5th ILB, they would be our starting ILB. We didn't draft Manning in the 3rd round and from what was reported he sucked anyway, hence why he was behind Brad Jones on the depth chart.

The problem with Elam is that it would mean keeping Morgan Burnett and FS. He isn't a FS and he's average when he plays there. He's good when he's playing SS. Also, McMillian was good last year when he played.

Funny how Terrell Manning a 5th round pick (who hasn't even played, let alone played well) is a reason why we shouldn't pick a ILB in the first round, but McMillian who was picked a round before him and actually played well isn't good enough to stop us from drafting an overrated strong safety in the first round.

There you go again using that terrible logic of yours...

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-07-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
ayed.

Funny how Terrell Manning a 5th round pick (who hasn't even played, let alone played well) is a reason why we shouldn't pick a ILB in the first round, but McMillian who was picked a round before him and actually played well isn't good enough to stop us from drafting an overrated strong safety in the first round.

There you go again using that terrible logic of yours...
Yes he's the entire reason, not the fact that you have 5 other ILBs on the roster. 3 of whom would be better than any ILB you took there. Elam would for sure be a better option than McMillian however. You're really hot headed for someone who is allegedly such a big fan of logic.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Thousands of people getting paid money to evaluate prospects are probably going to be right more often than you are. It's deflating to your ego, I know, but true none the less.
who? not scott wright, mike mayock or mel kiper

Toonster & TACKLE >>>>

Old 03-07-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
who? not scott wright, mike mayock or mel kiper

Toonster & TACKLE >>>>
Huh? I have no idea what that was even supposed to mean...
Old 03-07-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yes he's the entire reason, not the fact that you have 5 other ILBs on the roster. 3 of whom would be better than any ILB you took there. Elam would for sure be a better option than McMillian however. You're really hot headed for someone who is allegedly such a big fan of logic.
But no.

AJ Hawk sucks major dick. Brad Jones sucks major dick. DJ Smith is solid at best and coming back from a season ending injury. Desmond Bishop is a very good player but is also coming back from season ending injury and has proven to be quite injury prone.

And again, Elam at SS means we have a weak spot at FS and we have 3 SS's. **** off with Matt Elam.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-07-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
But no.

AJ Hawk sucks major dick. Brad Jones sucks major dick. DJ Smith is solid at best and coming back from a season ending injury. Desmond Bishop is a very good player but is also coming back from season ending injury and has proven to be quite injury prone.

And again, Elam at SS means we have a weak spot at FS and we have 3 SS's. **** off with Matt Elam.
If statement A were true why is he still on the team? Isn't he making a healthy salary for someone who is bad? Smith and Bishop being injury prone isn't really a good enough reason to take a 1st rounder at that position. Especially if they're not BPA
Old 03-07-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If statement A were true why is he still on the team? Isn't he making a healthy salary for someone who is bad? Smith and Bishop being injury prone isn't really a good enough reason to take a 1st rounder at that position. Especially if they're not BPA
1. His contract also sucks major dick.

2. WE HAVE NO ONE TO REPLACE HIM WITH.

Arthur Brown and Kevin Minter would both be upgrades over everyone other than Desmond Bishop.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-07-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A very meh picks for sf. Needs are right though.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
1. His contract also sucks major dick.

2. WE HAVE NO ONE TO REPLACE HIM WITH.

Arthur Brown and Kevin Minter would both be upgrades over everyone other than Desmond Bishop.
And Elam would not be an upgrade over Jeron McMillian?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And Elam would not be an upgrade over Jeron McMillian?

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:

Sweet. Guess that means I win
Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sweet. Guess that means I win

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-07-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If DJ Flucker is there for the Bengals that is who they should take. Andre Smith is likely not coming back with his too high asking price plus I don't see Ogletree to the Bengals in the 1st. They have put higher value on character with higher draft picks.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote