Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-30-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top QBs & Landing Spots

1. EJ Manuel Florida State: Landing spot: Philadelphia round 2
2. Tyler Wilson Arkansas Landing Spot: Tampa Bay Round 2
3. Geno Smith West Virginia Landing Spot: Cleveland round 1
4. Ryan Nassib Syracuse : Buffanlo round 1 or 2.
5. Matt Barkley USC: Landing Spot: Arizona round 2
6. Matt Scott Arizona: Landing Spot: Jacksonville round 3.
7. Mike Glennon : NY Jets round 2 or 3.
8. Zach Dysert Miami Ohio: Kansas City round 4.
9. Tyler Bray Tennesee: Houston Round 3.
10. Jordan Rodgers: Seattle round 5.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Gus Bradley sees similarities to Russell Wilson in Matt Scott and the fact he'll be a great fit for his offense. Plus, its not a high risk move in the 3rd.

I see Bray as a perfect situation to come in behind Schaub, learn under Kubiak for a couple years, mature and develop and possibly take over in 2014-2015.

I think Manuel is the best QB in the draft. I think Philly or Jacksonville take him. I can see the Eagles moving up for him.

Smith seems to be high on the radar for Cleveland and I think they make a move for him, regardless of the Campbell trade.

Wilson is going to slide into round 2. Bucs need a back up plan if/when Josh Freeman struggles, AGAIN.

I see the Jets looking for a strong armed QB with upside. Glennon fits that description.

Dysert I think is a perfect fit in Kansas City, He needs time to sit and develop. Maybe in 2 years he can challenge smith.

Nassib is pretty much a lock for Buffalo. I think they do everything they can to make sure he's there guy. Whether it's trade back in the 1st, trade down, etc. Don't be surprised if he's there guy at 8.

Barkley to Zona has been a hot commodity for a while now. I can see the Cardinals making a trade down in the draft if it's there and then taking him round 1, or moving up a few spots in round 2 to grab him.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith to the bills in a trade up with Jacksonville.

The Browns are not drafting Geno zero chance.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Landry Jones?

I think Bray will be a steeler if he lasts til the 3rd. They need a viable backup, their seasons could have been much different the last 2 years if ben wasnt rushed back from injury. They need a reliable guy that can either be the heir apparent or who they can trade for a 1st or 2nd round pick a few years down the road.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Wilson is my favorite quarterback in this draft and I consider him worthy of a top ten selection, but there doesn't appear to be much buzz around him. I fully expect him to go in the third round.

There's also no doubt that you hate Josh Freeman and would love to discuss possibilities to replace him in this draft, but I'll be surprised if Tampa uses a pick on a quarterback any sooner than the fourth round.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Tyler Wilson is my favorite quarterback in this draft and I consider him worthy of a top ten selection, but there doesn't appear to be much buzz around him. I fully expect him to go in the third round.

There's also no doubt that you hate Josh Freeman and would love to discuss possibilities to replace him in this draft, but I'll be surprised if Tampa uses a pick on a quarterback any sooner than the fourth round.
Hate is a strong word. I don't hate anyone.

I'm just looking at the signs here: Freeman hasn't done anything to not warrant competition. Schiano did not draft Josh Freeman. Towards the end of the year, when his play really tailed off against the better competition, you can tell in games we had leads, Schiano didn't trust Freeman's decision making. The Eagles game might be a great example. Freeman threw about 6 balls that were right into the Eagles DBs hands that were flat out dropped.

I see Tampa doing the same thing San Fransisco did 2 years ago. Keeping josh but adding a guy with upside to push him and possibly replace him in the near future. If Josh Freeman explodes and lives up to his physical upside, then great. However, I haven't seen much of Josh Freeman that's improved. To me, Jackson and Williams were phenomanal and watching a lot of those games, those two made plays that made him look much better than he is. Not the other way around.

EDIT: Tampa's brass has met with every QB prospect at the Senior Bowl and interviewed 5(Manuel, Bray, Barkley, Wilson, Jones) guys at the combine as well. From Pewter insider, they were at the senior bowl watching closely the DBs and QBs. So something tells me, they're quite interested in taking a QB.

Last edited by bucfan12 : 03-30-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe something like this, loosely ranked:

Geno Smith - Oakland Raiders

Matt Barkley - Jacksonville Jaguars

Mike Glennon - Arizona Cardinals

Ryan Nassib - Buffalo Bills

E.J. Manuel - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tyler Wilson - New York Jets

Tyler Bray - Cleveland Browns

Landry Jones - Houston Texans
Old 03-30-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Geno Smith Jax 1st Round
2. EJ Manuel Cleveland 1st round
3. Matt Barkley Buff 1st Round
4. Tyler Wilson KC 3rd round
5. Mike Glennon AZ 2nd Round
6. Ryan Nassib NYJ 2nd round
7. Landry Jones OAK 3rd Round
8. Zac Dysert PIT 4th Round
9. Matt Scott PHI 4th Round
10. Tyler Bray NO 4th round
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
1. EJ Manuel Florida State: Landing spot: Philadelphia round 2
2. Tyler Wilson Arkansas Landing Spot: Tampa Bay Round 2
3. Geno Smith West Virginia Landing Spot: Cleveland round 1
4. Ryan Nassib Syracuse : Buffanlo round 1 or 2.
5. Matt Barkley USC: Landing Spot: Arizona round 2
6. Matt Scott Arizona: Landing Spot: Jacksonville round 3.
7. Mike Glennon : NY Jets round 2 or 3.
8. Zach Dysert Miami Ohio: Kansas City round 4.
9. Tyler Bray Tennesee: Houston Round 3.
10. Jordan Rodgers: Seattle round 5.
So you think Landry Jones is at best the 11th QB prospect in the draft, and won't get picked higher than the 6th round. Wow. Just wow.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
So you think Landry Jones is at best the 11th QB prospect in the draft, and won't get picked higher than the 6th round. Wow. Just wow.
I have him ranked as the eighth-best quarterback, but it's not like he projects as a future starter or something. I like his size and arm strength, but his footwork is all over the place and results in spotty accuracy, plus he has some well-documented struggles on the road and when pressured. He's a solid backup, but not much more.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I know you're predicting what will happen not what you would do but i think if Jacksonville is smart they make sure of what they have there with Gabbert and if it fails they're back here next year selecting a much better QB.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Landry Jones can not handle any pressure in the pocket. I'm not sure how that bodes to even back up status. He's got the physcial tools, but his pocket presence is poor.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I know you're predicting what will happen not what you would do but i think if Jacksonville is smart they make sure of what they have there with Gabbert and if it fails they're back here next year selecting a much better QB.
I think Matt Scott is a perfect fit for what Jacksonville will run on offense.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea it's not what I would do. But with a new GM and Owner who seems to be hands on as well as bringing in his own son into the personnel decisions by hiring him as part of the personnel dept I am sure they have their own ideas.

I don't think Smith or Manuel are worthy of either of those spots but both teams have new ownership/coaches/GMs and will want their guy.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gabbert could run that offense as well. Gabbert is a very athletic QB with better all around tools than Scott.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Had it not been for Russell Wilson then Matt Scott is probably not even on anyone's radar. Totally differant situation there though.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My own personal opinion but if the Jets don't get Geno Smith in the first, I don't think they'll bother taking one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
My own personal opinion but if the Jets don't get Geno Smith in the first, I don't think they'll bother taking one in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
I agree with this. Thought being that second and third round QB's often don't pan out and those second and third round picks are really valuable. Unless they grab a guy high in the draft it seems like filling other major holes with those selections and then going QB in 2014 would be a better use of picks than taking a guy in the second or third this year and possibly/probably having to go QB in the first in 2014 anyway. Could obviously be wrong, though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Had it not been for Russell Wilson then Matt Scott is probably not even on anyone's radar. Totally differant situation there though.
I can't really see the comparison between Wilson and Scott. Wilson's biggest question was his height - Scott has plenty of height. Wilson seems to be more of an improvisational QB rather than a spread option QB - he is more Flutie like with his mobility and style of play.

To be honest though nothing about Matt Scott screams starting QB potential. I think the timing for him coming out of school and the whole spread option offense taking off last year have more to do with his stock rising than anything. Really looking forward to see how defenses adjust to the spread option this upcoming season.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yeah How does that make since.. He is just the 3rd all time leading passer in NCAA history, in yards, attempts, completions and TD's won 39 games went to 4 bowl games won 3 and two Conference championships had three 4000 yard 30 T'd years in a row. threw it 2183 times and because he had a hand full of bad plays under pressure he he should be a sixth round pick??? His completion % was too high to for his knocks to be "fatal flaws" When did we loose the ability to think for our selves.. The media hypes and tears down players, if you cant see through the BS and recognize a good player then you got problems... GM's and team scouts dont listen to the media and even put out false opinions.. Landry will be a first or Second Round Pick 2-3 QB taken

Geno Jascksonville 1st
Manuel Philidelphia 1st
Jones Arizona 1st
Nessib Buffalo 2nd
Scott Chicago 2nd
Glennon Pittsburgh2nd
Wilson Minnisota 3rd
Brey Browns 3rd
NMfootball85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Landry Jones can not handle any pressure in the pocket. I'm not sure how that bodes to even back up status. He's got the physcial tools, but his pocket presence is poor.
this is not even true... He threw it more than Some pros do in 13 games he averaged 545 throws a year for 4 years 2183.. he was sacked 54 times and had 52 interceptions..starting 50 games thats 45 throws a game and only one sack and INT.. I was pressure plenty.. If is was so bad that it was a fatal flaw he would not have averaged 314 yards passing per game for those 50 games.. just taking a sack is not being good at pressure.. sure he made mistakes but not any out of the ordinary for every QB... but had 16467 yards and 123 Td against tough competition.. had a 63% average completion last year it was 66% on 555 throws he was pressured alot.. and did fine..
Old 03-30-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMfootball85 View Post
Yeah How does that make since.. He is just the 3rd all time leading passer in NCAA history, in yards, attempts, completions and TD's won 39 games went to 4 bowl games won 3 and two Conference championships had three 4000 yard 30 T'd years in a row. threw it 2183 times and because he had a hand full of bad plays under pressure he he should be a sixth round pick??? His completion % was too high to for his knocks to be "fatal flaws" When did we loose the ability to think for our selves.. The media hypes and tears down players, if you cant see through the BS and recognize a good player then you got problems... GM's and team scouts dont listen to the media and even put out false opinions.. Landry will be a first or Second Round Pick 2-3 QB taken

Geno Jascksonville 1st
Manuel Philidelphia 1st
Jones Arizona 1st
Nessib Buffalo 2nd
Scott Chicago 2nd
Glennon Pittsburgh2nd
Wilson Minnisota 3rd
Brey Browns 3rd
Glennon in 2 would piss me off so much. If we take a QB i want Bray, glennons looks terrible a lot more often than he looks serviceable
Old 03-30-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I hope you're right.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Geno Smith - Cleveland or Buffalo round 1
2. EJ Manuel - Jacksonville, Cleveland, or San Francisco
3. Ryan Nassib - NY Jets or Buffalo Late 1 early 2
4. Matt Barkley - Oakland, Cleveland, or Jacksonville
5. Mike Glennon - Arizona
6. Tyler Wilson - Dallas
7. Tyler Bray - Chicago

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Glennon in 2 would piss me off so much. If we take a QB i want Bray, glennons looks terrible a lot more often than he looks serviceable
with chip kelley I think you will get matt Scott or Manuel are most likely