Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-18-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Teague was more of a gambling selection unlike the other successful 4 year college players they have drafted.

I think back up center is the biggest need for the Bulls right now, so I really hope they grab a guy who can protect the paint.
Teague was kind of a gamble but also fit their mold of guys who have played for successful college teams. That's really the trend, at least in my eyes, and as the starting PG for a national champion he fit nicely. Historically you look at going back to Hinrich, Gordon and Deng, Noah, even Tyrus Thomas, Rose, Butler...James Johnson and Taj Gibson broke the mold a bit (Wake got upset in the first round after a strong season and USC won the PAC-12 tournament but didn't go that far in the NCAA's) and then Mirotic was international, but for the most part it's guys who played for good college teams/guys who went far in the tournament.

Backup center is definitely a need, but after next year when Deng likely leaves in FA they'll need a wing. It'll be interesting to see if Butler stays at the 2 after starting there this year or they move him to the 3 after Deng bounces. I still think the team really needs a ball handler who can take pressure off of Rose/be a threat to score from the perimeter. Too easy to defend in the playoffs.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cavs are going to make a stupid ******* mistake.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this Alex Len rumor is accurate.........................
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noel is an easy pick to make, he's the best player in this class and it's not a competition. Do they really need to take a poor man's Z?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-18-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention there's a tanking excuse for Wiggins built in with Noel. Just sit him for the whole year and see if you can get lucky again. Alex Len could be okay but he's tentative for a guy as big as he is and put up pretty underwhelming numbers last year in a conference that was trash outside of 3 teams.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I wouldn't take him in the top ten, it's stupid. The Tristan pick is working out I suppose, but the Dion Waiters pick was stupid and this is stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-18-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Cavs are going to make a stupid ******* mistake.
They already made a stupid mistake by bringing back Mike Brown. Does it really matter?

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was that a midget?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Nobody compliments Monta well. He is pretty bad.
I just noticed that the Kings have hired a coach who worked for GSW and a GM who worked for GSW. Hello Monta?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I just noticed that the Kings have hired a coach who worked for GSW and a GM who worked for GSW. Hello Monta?
He'd pair especially well with Tyreke.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Len over Noel. Len is taller, stronger, and superior skills wise. Noel has athleticism and shot blocking ability. I'd take neither with the #1 pick though. B-Mac should go #1 with Waiters being the #1 guard off the bench. I'd even go with Porter at #1 over any of the bigs. Bennett may be a darkhorse in this all.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think not going Noel is insane, especially with the auto-tank factored in.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I don't think Noel is really good enough to say that it would be insane to pass on him, but if I was going to take someone else it sure as hell wouldn't be Alex Len. It would probably be McLemore, but that would be admitting that Waiters may be more of a sparkplug off the bench in the long run and they probably don't want to do that so quickly.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't think Noel is really good enough to say that it would be insane to pass on him, but if I was going to take someone else it sure as hell wouldn't be Alex Len. It would probably be McLemore, but that would be admitting that Waiters may be more of a sparkplug off the bench in the long run and they probably don't want to do that so quickly.
I could see going McLemore I guess, but that's it really. Otto Porter, no effing way.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Ford...

Quote:
McLemore remains in the top 5, but I'm starting to have my doubts. I love the talent. But his lack of preparation for the draft is hurting him. Multiple sources told me that his workout in Phoenix was not impressive; he wasn't in shape, and he struggled to keep up in the workout. I heard similar things in Orlando. McLemore is in a tug-of-war right now between adviser Rodney Blackstock and his agency Rivals. It's kept McLemore out of the gym and for the most part, out of workouts. How much will all of this affect the draft stock? I'm told teams are worried.
BMac... and motor questions just don't quit.

I'm mostly worried about the knocks on him not being a good dribbler. If my 2 guard can't handle the rock then all he becomes is a spot up shooter. I pass on that with a Top 5 pick.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Victor Oladipo should go first overall...he's the best player

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'd take Len over Noel. Len is taller, stronger, and superior skills wise. Noel has athleticism and shot blocking ability. I'd take neither with the #1 pick though. B-Mac should go #1 with Waiters being the #1 guard off the bench. I'd even go with Porter at #1 over any of the bigs. Bennett may be a darkhorse in this all.
Noel has by far the most potential and was by far the most productive player when he was on the court. Noel is a lot more skilled and athletic than Len, I have no idea why you would think Len is close to him skills wise. And Otto Porter/Bennett both have relatively low ceilings, Noel can be an elite big.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I think the Cavs desperately want to trade out of that pick. But if they do keep it... I think it'll be Noel or Porter.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'd pair especially well with Tyreke.
By that do you mean the ball movement would stop and the Kings could actually employ an isoball "offense" fulltime?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Victor Oladipo should go first overall...he's the best player
I love Dipo, but if I'm going with the raw defensive guy at #1 overall, it damn sure is gonna be the big man.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
By that do you mean the ball movement would stop and the Kings could actually employ an isoball "offense" fulltime?
I mean, isn't that kinda what you guys run? It would be an easy transition for Monta.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Dipo, but if I'm going with the raw defensive guy at #1 overall, it damn sure is gonna be the big man.
Oladipo still needs to improve on the offensive end but he is far ahead of Noel and it's not even close.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Noel has by far the most potential and was by far the most productive player when he was on the court. Noel is a lot more skilled and athletic than Len, I have no idea why you would think Len is close to him skills wise. And Otto Porter/Bennett both have relatively low ceilings, Noel can be an elite big.
Offensively, Noel has Dwight Howard-esque coordination with the ball. There's no skills in that department. Then when you factor in that he's 206 pounds and no muscle, then he won't even power his way through. He's got a lot of molding to do. I get the upside, but he is damn scary. ...and that's ignoring the knee injury history.

What you can probably count on is shot blocking... but as we all know, that doesn't really equate to defense.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Guys like Noel have a bigger defensive impact than guys like Oladipo though, regardless of how good of a perimeter defender he ends up being.

And Oladipo's lack of ballhandling/playmaking still worries me.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

He also had a ******** of steals and was a damn good rebounder as well.

RIP TheManInBlack