Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Oladipo still needs to improve on the offensive end but he is far ahead of Noel and it's not even close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Guys like Noel have a bigger defensive impact than guys like Oladipo though, regardless of how good of a perimeter defender he ends up being.

And Oladipo's lack of ballhandling/playmaking still worries me.
Yo covered it well.....I don't think Dipo's defensive impact will be even close to Noel's, especially when you consider that he can't guard the 3, and both could flat out bust on offense.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I mean, isn't that kinda what you guys run? It would be an easy transition for Monta.
And it's why I'm okay with just blowing up the entire roster.

Guys who are most comfortable in isolated possessions:
Tyreke Evans
John Salmons
Marcus Thornton
Demarcus Cousins
Isaiah Thomas

Thomas can distribute when the rest of the team is actually moving, but that's part of the problem--they don't.

Thornton does not get a pass.
Salmons does not get a pass.

I would be willing to give Evans, Cousins and Thomas another go with real leadership from the top down in the organization. The franchise has been like watching diarrhea circle the drain--it's just a muddled, brown, stinky, ****** mess swirling around. And that has been representative of all leadership in all facets of the team.

With that said, while I would be okay giving those guy one more shot, I would not be disappointed if everyone is gone as long as the result is bringing a synergistic team of chips. I don't want to trade these guys for pennies on the dollar.

I am not okay with bringing in Ellis though. No thank you.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yo covered it well.....I don't think Dipo's defensive impact will be even close to Noel's, especially when you consider that he can't guard the 3, and both could flat out bust on offense.
Dipo has explosion. Attacking the rim won't be a problem. His shooting and ball handling look pretty dang fine from some of the workout video's I've been seeing.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
And it's why I'm okay with just blowing up the entire roster.

Guys who are most comfortable in isolated possessions:
Tyreke Evans
John Salmons
Marcus Thornton
Demarcus Cousins
Isaiah Thomas

Thomas can distribute when the rest of the team is actually moving, but that's part of the problem--they don't.

Thornton does not get a pass.
Salmons does not get a pass.

I would be willing to give Evans, Cousins and Thomas another go with real leadership from the top down in the organization. The franchise has been like watching diarrhea circle the drain--it's just a muddled, brown, stinky, ****** mess swirling around. And that has been representative of all leadership in all facets of the team.

With that said, while I would be okay giving those guy one more shot, I would not be disappointed if everyone is gone as long as the result is bringing a synergistic team of chips. I don't want to trade these guys for pennies on the dollar.

I am not okay with bringing in Ellis though. No thank you.
Don't worry bro. When you get Trey Burke everything else will fall into place for you.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Don't worry bro. When you get Trey Burke everything else will fall into place for you.
I would absolutely love this right now.

I like the idea of a distributor like MCW or Burke, but I have to give Burke the edge because he seems to balance the Kings' current roster more as he has great range and no one else on the Kings does.

Otto Porter would be nice too.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really don't want MCW.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Noel still scares me if I'm a franchise at the top of the draft. He's going to get physically dominated by NBA big men right now because he's so light, is coming off of a major injury, and is so raw offensively. I see the appeal to his skill set if he's bigger (even 230), healthy, and has shown flashes of an offensive game. There's just a lot of red flags.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Noel still scares me if I'm a franchise at the top of the draft. He's going to get physically dominated by NBA big men right now because he's so light, is coming off of a major injury, and is so raw offensively. I see the appeal to his skill set if he's bigger (even 230), healthy, and has shown flashes of an offensive game. There's just a lot of red flags.
Kevin Garnett was a goddamn pole when he came into the league, and he turned out just fine.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Kevin Garnett was a goddamn pole when he came into the league, and he turned out just fine.
KG is still slight, but he's the exception - not the rule. Garnett also wasn't coming off a major injury when he entered the league. And while I won't pretend that I was following the NBA draft in 1995, I think given he went #5 overall before picking HS players was en vogue and his offensive stats as a 19 year old in the NBA were better than Noel's as a 19 year old in college aside from FG% it's safe to say he was more skilled offensively than Noel is.

Perhaps it's not fair, but his slight frame combined with the ACL makes me concerned he's more susceptible to be injury prone going forward, too.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
So what? That's so irrelevant. This one is bad.... even for you Brody.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many dudes come into the league as chiseled Greek gods? The dude just turned 19 give him some time to drink some protein shakes

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
How many dudes come into the league as chiseled Greek gods? The dude just turned 19 give him some time to drink some protein shakes
If that was the only issue it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but it's not. And he's not some mid-late lottery guy, this is the consensus #1 pick who has some huge red flags. I'm not saying he's going to be awful here, but what are you drafting #1, Ben Wallace after drinking some protein shakes coming off a torn ACL? Just not what you generally see go that high in the draft.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
If that was the only issue it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but it's not. And he's not some mid-late lottery guy, this is the consensus #1 pick who has some huge red flags. I'm not saying he's going to be awful here, but what are you drafting #1, Ben Wallace after drinking some protein shakes coming off a torn ACL? Just not what you generally see go that high in the draft.
Don't bring up Ben Wallace because Brodeur will say Wallce is the best defensive payer of the last 30 years.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Agreed, but that's a product of this draft sucking hard.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping the Thunder trade both 1sts, and a player (PJIII?!?) and get McLemore. Just read a nice article by @dailythunder about how Jeremy Lamb controls our entire offseason.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't bring up Ben Wallace because Brodeur will say Wallce is the best defensive payer of the last 30 years.
It's the truth, get over it brah. Noel is incredibly underrated it appears, I think he can easily be a star and will at worst be Larry Sanders. His production was unreal.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-18-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
It's the truth, get over it brah. Noel is incredibly underrated it appears, I think he can easily be a star and will at worst be Larry Sanders. His production was unreal.
Or he could go the Greg Oden route and play a total of 82 games in his career.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Or he could go the Greg Oden route and play a total of 82 games in his career.
I don't see a Kevin Durant here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-18-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I don't see a Kevin Durant here.
Greg Oden is a bust whether Kevin Durant or Kevin Martin is picked after him.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Noel has by far the most potential and was by far the most productive player when he was on the court. Noel is a lot more skilled and athletic than Len, I have no idea why you would think Len is close to him skills wise. And Otto Porter/Bennett both have relatively low ceilings, Noel can be an elite big.
Assume Noel is off their board for some reason (durability questions). What do you say to Len then?

I personally love Len - I'd take Noel probably, but I'd consider Len at No. 2 overall....
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Greg Oden is a bust whether Kevin Durant or Kevin Martin is picked after him.
But I'd take his potential over Tayshaun Prince (Otto Porter) or whatever you want to call Ben McLemore. I do love Oladipo as well, but he won't go 1.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-19-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
The only team that could properly develop Noel would be Orlando. They have a big man green house that gardens the best of them. Yes, that includes Ben Wallace. We just like to ship them off after they blossom. :/
Old 06-19-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Hoping the Thunder trade both 1sts, and a player (PJIII?!?) and get McLemore. Just read a nice article by @dailythunder about how Jeremy Lamb controls our entire offseason.
Lamb is better than McLemore.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Lamb is better than McLemore.
Just stop talking.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-19-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anthony Bennett is the best player in this draft.

Len is 2nd best.

Cousins is better than Drummond.

Oldie but a goodie.