Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
No not Nicholson... Looks like I'll have to buy a clippers jersey of him now. I wish Andrew would go to a team that could really use him. Can't really seeing the Clippers using him that much with Griffin.
I doubt Nicholson goes anywhere. Obvious ploy by LAC to get a better offer than what the Magic are really willing to give up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I doubt Nicholson goes anywhere. Obvious ploy by LAC to get a better offer than what the Magic are really willing to give up.
I really wouldn't be surprised D, I don't see where he's getting much PT on this team anymore. His minutes took a hit last year with Harris emerging and O'Quinn given a larger opportunity...then we have Davis coming back. IDK man.

edit...and I do like Nicholson. But given the Forwards we have...I think throwing him in, to get a player of Bledsoe's immense potential isn't too crazy a thought, at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-26-2013 at 12:19 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I really wouldn't be surprised D, I don't see where he's getting much PT on this team anymore. His minutes took a hit last year with Harris emerging and O'Quinn given a larger opportunity...then we have Davis coming back. IDK man.

edit...and I do like Nicholson. But given the Forwards we have...I think throwing him in, to get a player of Bledsoe's immense potential isn't too crazy a thought, at all.
That's cause we disagree on how Harris should be used. I think he gets most of his time at SF and less at PF. 20-25 min at SF and 10-15 at PF. Something like that.

Nicholson could easily get 20-25 min a night at PF.

Even if we drafted Noel, I see him splitting time between PF and C. There are a lot of combinations.

Multiple Frontcourt options:
SF-Harris PF-Noel C-Vucevic
SF-Harris PF-Nicholson C-Noel
SF-Harkless PF-Harris C-Vucevic
SF-Harkless PF-Harris C-Noel
SF-Harkless PF-Nichoslon C-Noel

Specific possession rotations:
SF-Harris PF-Nicholson C-Vucevic (offensive)
SF-Harkless PF-Harris C-Noel (defensive)

Plenty of use for Nicholson. He's put on 20 pounds since joining the Magic. He's well on his way to being an asset for the team.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:56 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
He's seven feet tall and can move without falling over himself, if you're surprised that he's getting first round mentions you haven't been paying attention to the draft for very long.
Yup, pretty much. I think I read in SI that 17% of legit 7-footers in America (between the ages of 20-40 or something like that) are playing in the NBA. So, yeah, if you're seven feet tall and you can move without falling over yourself then basketball coaches will find you and give you a chance.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:02 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Hibbert at Georgetown was not any better than Len last year at Maryland. Len definitely is at the least going to be a solid pro with his skill set and his body already as is isn't terrible like Noel. If you can grab a legit 7 footer with any sort of skills you have to unless there is an elite wing or PG prospect which in this year is not the case. I fully support Alex Len going #1 overall.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Noel is 6'10 with an absurd wingspan and is demonstrably better than Len.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the NBA is going small anyway.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Roy Hibbert at Georgetown was not any better than Len last year at Maryland. Len definitely is at the least going to be a solid pro with his skill set and his body already as is isn't terrible like Noel. If you can grab a legit 7 footer with any sort of skills you have to unless there is an elite wing or PG prospect which in this year is not the case. I fully support Alex Len going #1 overall.
I don't like nagging lower body injuries on big guys, or anyone really. I hope that ankle doesn't continue to be an issue down the line.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing the '96 draft again on NBA TV, it dawned on my how skinny Marcus Camby was when he came out. Noel might actually be bigger then him, he was all bones and shoulders. I really don't think Noel has a frame that is unusually small by any means. He's gonna bulk up and get bigger, and while I don't expect him to improve leaps and bounds on the offensive end his presence on the defensive end will be valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
His body isn't terrible, but he also has nowhere near the skills of Noel. Plus, just because Hibbert turned out fine doesn't mean a damn thing for Len.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
His body isn't terrible, but he also has nowhere near the skills of Noel. Plus, just because Hibbert turned out fine doesn't mean a damn thing for Len.
Just because KG turned out fine doesn't mean a damn thing for Noel either but that hasn't stopped you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Just because KG turned out fine doesn't mean a damn thing for Noel either but that hasn't stopped you.
Yeah, that's not what I said. His tremendous production in college is what makes me think he'll succeed.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Noel is a big who is quick enough to guard the perimeter or the post. I like that about him. Rebounding translates to the NBA. ...and his steals and passing works too. Shooting wise he's a joke, but at least he has a good handle.

The biggest reason I knock him is his injury risk. I think he'll add weight fine. Just so unsure about his knees.

So I hear Andrew Bynum is ready for basketball related injuries. lol. yeah right.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also not really worried about his weight. He's still a kid and he's only spent about a year in anything even remotely approaching a professional training regimen. If I'm a GM, I feel like my staff can have him at a lean 250 before his first contract is up.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

250 is a bit much for his frame I think. 230-240 would be more realistic.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noel is going to be the #1 pick and he probably should be. I don't love him as a player but he will be productive in the league for 12+ year and could be an important player on a contender in his prime.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nerlens is the next Andris Biedrins.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Noel is going to be the #1 pick and he probably should be. I don't love him as a player but he will be productive in the league for 12+ year and could be an important player on a contender in his prime.
Hard to bank on 12+ years right now if I'm being honest about his injuries and his ability to handle contact.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't care at all about a standard torn ACL anymore...

The success rate recently has been so high, it's just a matter of time - mostly on the mental side. Modern medicine is too advanced. Can someone point to an athlete in the past 5-7 years who tore his ACL and was never the same player (preferably under 25)? Because off the top of my head I can name Shumpert, AD, Charles, and Berry as success stories.

Palmer tore his ACL, MCL, dislocated his knee cap and the injury was career threatening.

To me, a torn ACL is like tommy john nowadays. Maybe I'm wrong.

With that said, I'm taking Noel and not looking back - although I do understand the Cavs are antsy about the postseason this year...

I said it in the Swope thread - I'd rather have a guy with a torn ACL than a guy with concussion problems in today's sports world...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Len doesn't grade out well in analytic models, but I definitely do understand the intrigue. Watching his games, he was horribly utilized at Maryland and their guards looked clueless in terms of getting him the ball in good spots.

-He has a huge frame (7-1 250+)
-He's a fairly good athlete for a guy his size
-Decently skilled
-Flashed dominance against big time competition (dominated Noel and Plumlee in matchups this year)

He was inconsistent and has a questionable motor.

I like Noel better, but I get it with Len.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Cavs are reportedly leaning toward Len and the Magic are fielding many offers for 2 now. Damn, anything could happen. Wouldn't be surprised to see us go Noel, just stay and take Oladipo or Mac with Noel still available, or even trade back for either of the two or maybe even a McCollum. Fun.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So the Cavs are reportedly leaning toward Len and the Magic are fielding many offers for 2 now. Damn, anything could happen. Wouldn't be surprised to see us go Noel, just stay and take Oladipo or Mac with Noel still available, or even trade back for either of the two or maybe even a McCollum. Fun.
I've heard for a while that the Wolves want to trade up for Oladipo. That could possibly be a trade down option, regardless of who is taken #1. Because let's face it, we never really know who the Cavs are taking until they actually announce the pick (see Waiters, Thompson).
Old 06-26-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It annoys me when mock drafts and such mention Brandon Knight as part of our "good young core".. No, Brandon Knight is not good. Our good young core is just Drummond, Monroe, Mike Abdenour, Arnie Kander, and the dancing usher guy. That's it.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I've heard for a while that the Wolves want to trade up for Oladipo. That could possibly be a trade down option, regardless of who is taken #1. Because let's face it, we never really know who the Cavs are taking until they actually announce the pick (see Waiters, Thompson).
I don't buy that Minnesota wants Oladipo. I think they would like to see him be the first SG off the board and then they attempt to move up for McLemore.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Dante Marchitelli @DanteMagic
Hennigan: 'we haven't had an ounce of communication with the Clippers in 3 weeks'. He'd be 'stunned' if a deal was done tomorrow with LA