Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Upgraded Mock

Bengals 2013 Mock Draft

1. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama I know this is a little bit early but it is not a huge reach. The man is a three down back and the featured runner that we are lacking. He will get you the short yardage runs up the gut, catch the ball out of the backfield, and run you over or make you miss in the open field. He is a complete back. I don’t care if this is a reach or not. Lacy is what we need!

2A. Matt Elam Safety Florida I think Vaccaro is long gone by our first pick let alone this one. I like Elam slightly more than Cyprien because I think Elam is more interchangeable as a FS and SS than Cyprien. If Elam is gone then Cyprien is the pick. Either way I think we walk away with our SS of the future at 2A.

2B. Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers The man is a tackling machine. Big East defensive player of the year as a junior and followed that up with a just as impressive senior season. He can come right in and replace Howard or Lawson.

3. Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech Rogers is 6’2” and 217 lbs. He has a huge upside and untapped talent. Rogers has 2nd round talent but his off the field issues will hold him back come draft day.

4. Tyrann Mathieu CB/PR/KR LSU Flat out play maker! Tate can be kicked to the curb because Mathieu will take over all of the PR and KR duties. Mathieu adds immediate depth at CB and could step right in as the nickel back.

5. Reid Fragel OT Ohio State Fragel is 6’7” 309 lbs. He is a former TE that switched to OT his senior year. Fragel will fall in the draft because he only played OT for one year and he is not fully developed size wise. What I mean is that he has the frame to hold more weight without looking sloppy. He weighted in the 265 range before converting to OT. He is as good an athlete at OT that you will find in the draft but needs a redshirt year like Sims and Thompson got last season.

6A. Ray-Ray Armstrong Safety Miami, FL Armstrong came into college as a top 15 player in the nation. I would give him a 3rd-4th round grade based on talent and his lack of playing time over the last 2 seasons. I am willing to take the risk with a late round pick because of his upside potential. Armstrong could come in and compete with our other backup safeties while possessing starter caliber upside. He was released from his scholarship because he took benefits from boosters. Atleast he is not a drug addict.

6B. Etienne Sabino LB Ohio State 6’2” 247 lbs. Sabino has played both SAM and WLB. He was the most productive LB for OSU until he got injured. I think he grades out higher than a 6th round pick but will drop because of the injury. We lack depth at LB and he can also contribute on special teams.

7A. & 7B. Meh…whatever!

What do you think?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
3. Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech Rogers is 6’2” and 217 lbs. He has a huge upside and untapped talent. Rogers has 2nd round talent but his off the field issues will hold him back come draft day.
Rogers is probably a top 10 talent but you're right, he might not get drafted until the third. Wouldn't shock me to see someone take a shot on him in the late first but I think the mid to late second round is the best bet for him. He would be a perfect fit for what Cincinatti needs across from AJ Green. Those two plus Sanu and Jones would be an impressive group moving forward.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nice draft, Lacy is the reach and I would prefer to get our RB later. But could live with what you picked

Obviously our need is OT before WR if we dont sign you know who, then would expect for them to draft his replacement in the 3rd or earlier
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:12 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
Nice draft, Lacy is the reach and I would prefer to get our RB later. But could live with what you picked

Obviously our need is OT before WR if we dont sign you know who, then would expect for them to draft his replacement in the 3rd or earlier
I completely agree with your assessment about OT. If Smith isn't resigned then our real draft could turn into a nightmare.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody sign up to represent the Bengals in the Forum Mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...79#post3322879

edit: Bengals78 got 'em

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-07-2013 at 04:32 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote