Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-29-2013, 06:02 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default First Round Mock - few trades

1. Kansas City Chiefs select Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan

2. Buffalo Bills f/Jacksonville Jaguars select Geno Smith, QB WVU

3. Oakland Raiders select Sharrif Floyd, DT Florida

4. Philadelphia Eagles select Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M

5. Detroit Lions select Dee Milliner, CB Alabama

6. Cleveland Browns select Dion Jordan, LB Oregon

7. Arizona Cardinals select Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma

8. Jacksonville Jaguars select Ezekiel Ansah, DE BYU

9. New York Jets select Tavon Austin, WR WVU

10. Tennessee Titans select Star Lotulelei, DT Utah

11. San Diego Chargers select DJ Fluker, OT Alabama

12. Miami Dolphins select Xavier Rhodes, CB FSU

13. New York Giants f/Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri

14. Carolina Panthers select Cordarrelle Patterson, WR Tennessee

15. New Orleans Saints select Jarvis Jones, LB Georgia

16. St Louis Rams select Chance Warmack, OG Alabama

17. Pittsburgh Steelers select Barkevious Mingo, LB LSU

18. Dallas Cowboys select Kenny Vaccaro, S Texas

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Desmond Trufant, CB Washington

20. Chicago Bears select Jonathan Cooper, OG UNC

21. Cincinnati Bengals select Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame

22. St Louis Rams select Jonathan Cyprien, FIU

23. Minnesota Vikings select DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson

24. Indianapolis Colts select Margus Hunt, DE SMU

25. Minnesota Vikings f/Seattle Seahawks Sylvester Williams, DT UNC

26. Green Bay Packers select Matt Elam, S Florida

27. Houston Texans select Menelik Watson, OT FSU

28. Denver Broncos select Cornellius Carradine, DE FSU

29. New England Patriots select Bjoern Werner, DE FSU

30. New York Jets f/Atlanta Falcons select EJ Manuel, QB FSU

31. San Francisco 49ers select Zach Ertz, TE Stanford

32. Baltimore Ravens select Arthur Brown, LB Kansas St

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Face palm, Jocekel is going to be the 1st OT of the board. I think you need new rankings.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
Face palm, Jocekel is going to be the 1st OT of the board. I think you need new rankings.
It's a mock draft, not rankings.

And Fisher has more upside than Joeckel. Yes Joeckel may be able to step in and play LT at a high level from day one, but the Chiefs already had a guy who could do that in Albert. If they go LT they will try to get someone they believe could be elite, and Fisher's ceiling is way above Joeckel's

Old 03-29-2013, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
It's a mock draft, not rankings.

And Fisher has more upside than Joeckel. Yes Joeckel may be able to step in and play LT at a high level from day one, but the Chiefs already had a guy who could do that in Albert. If they go LT they will try to get someone they believe could be elite, and Fisher's ceiling is way above Joeckel's
People said Ryan Leaf had more upside then Manning, and when you are being drafted 1st overall you're potential is best in the league.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
People said Ryan Leaf had more upside then Manning, and when you are being drafted 1st overall you're potential is best in the league.
Misevaluations happen all the time. And I agree, if I draft a guy 1st overall I don't have a limit for how good he can be. That is kind of my point. I think Joeckel's upside is an occassional pro bowler who may make it to be a top 7 OT. I personally believe that Fisher has an upside that will put him as a top 3 OT in the NFL within a few years. Joeckel can be a Jake Long type player whereas Fisher can be a Joe Thomas type player

Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Werner to the Pats would be awesome.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid Miami pick

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that high on Hunt

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people have been giving Brown to the Ravens lately. I like it.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great Bears pick
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate it.

I hate it so much. Trading up for Geno all the way @ #2 which would cost a **** load of picks. Then add in the fact that is really not even that special of a QB prospect. There is very few people out there that believe he is a franchise QB. On top of all that, we have a 1000 needs and taking a QB when we have no O-line, no TE, and no WR after Stevie seems like a bad idea.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I hate it.

I hate it so much. Trading up for Geno all the way @ #2 which would cost a **** load of picks. Then add in the fact that is really not even that special of a QB prospect. There is very few people out there that believe he is a franchise QB. On top of all that, we have a 1000 needs and taking a QB when we have no O-line, no TE, and no WR after Stevie seems like a bad idea.
I tend to agree on Geno, however I think some team will look to jump oakland to take him and the top two options are Buffalo and Arizona.

The Bills options are QB are pretty pathetic at the moment and there is a reason why no other QB is deemed a sure fire first round pick. If the Bills choose to build their team before taking a QB I can't really fault it, however they are resigning themselves to be a losing team this year and I don't think that is the way they want to start off.

By taking Geno the Bills get a guy who has the arm to play in Buffalo, but also brings a swagger with him. Is he a can't miss prospect? No. But he is Buffalo's best chance on a franchise QB bearing in mind that if they continue to build a competitive team they won't be in position to draft an elite QB prospect in the near future.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can definitely see it happening and your reasoning is definitely correct. I just would hate it personally.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be alright with Werner.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eifert would pretty much signal the Bengals are not going to keep Gresham after this year.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elam is a pick I'd be okay with

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joeckel is fine, but would prefer Star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horrific Jets selection that makes absolutely no sense.

Jeremy Kerley = slot receiver of the future

Stephen Hill = deep threat of the future

Tavon Austin = ????? why???

The Jets currently have holes at QB, RB, G, TE, both Safety spots, OLB, but they reach for a questionable slot receiver with pick 9? This is a new GM, not Tannenbaum dude. Your mock makes absolutely no sense. Jets are going pass rusher unless Jordan, Mingo, Jones, and Ansah are all gone at #9 and if so they should trade back.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Horrific Jets selection that makes absolutely no sense.

Jeremy Kerley = slot receiver of the future

Stephen Hill = deep threat of the future

Tavon Austin = ????? why???

The Jets currently have holes at QB, RB, G, TE, both Safety spots, OLB, but they reach for a questionable slot receiver with pick 9? This is a new GM, not Tannenbaum dude. Your mock makes absolutely no sense. Jets are going pass rusher unless Jordan, Mingo, Jones, and Ansah are all gone at #9 and if so they should trade back.
Well here's how I see the Jets WR situation.

Jeremy Kerley is meh. Stephen Hill may not ever turn into anything other than a drop machine. Santonio Holmes is a headcase. As for Austin being a questionable slot receiver let's just agree to disagree. He is the most explosvie playmaker in the entire draft IMO and that is something the Jets lack across the board.

The Jets do have a hole at QB, however do they reach on one of the other QBs at 9?
No RB is close to being a top 10 pick.
Warmack would be nice but how many OGs have been drafted top 10 in the last decade?
It's too early for Eifert.
The other 2 pass rushers you mentioned both have question marks. Jones had a horrendous pro day and his draft stock is in flux. Mingo looks the part but his production says otherwise and the Jets did draft Coples last year.
The value in the safety position is in the 2nd - 4th round when guys like Reid, Swearinger etc should go instead of reaching on Vaccaro.

As for trading back, with who? Who jumps up to take someone at that stage?

The top OTs are gone, the top pass rushers are gone, Geno is gone, Milliner is gone. The only possible scenario is if someone falls in love with Star. Trading back isn't as easy as everyone assumes. First you need a trade partner, and second the value needs to be right

Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i approve of mingo
Old 03-30-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer Allen over Hopkins for the Vikings & I'm not too hot on Sylvester. Perhaps Arthur Brown instead.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
BigBearFan
Rookie

BigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Very solid Bears' pick - I would be surprised if the Bills "sold the farm" on Geno & I agree with your mock of Fisher over Joeckel - a very strong possibility
BigBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

terrible 9ers pick !
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Well here's how I see the Jets WR situation.

Jeremy Kerley is meh. Stephen Hill may not ever turn into anything other than a drop machine. Santonio Holmes is a headcase. As for Austin being a questionable slot receiver let's just agree to disagree. He is the most explosvie playmaker in the entire draft IMO and that is something the Jets lack across the board.

The Jets do have a hole at QB, however do they reach on one of the other QBs at 9?
No RB is close to being a top 10 pick.
Warmack would be nice but how many OGs have been drafted top 10 in the last decade?
It's too early for Eifert.
The other 2 pass rushers you mentioned both have question marks. Jones had a horrendous pro day and his draft stock is in flux. Mingo looks the part but his production says otherwise and the Jets did draft Coples last year.
The value in the safety position is in the 2nd - 4th round when guys like Reid, Swearinger etc should go instead of reaching on Vaccaro.

As for trading back, with who? Who jumps up to take someone at that stage?

The top OTs are gone, the top pass rushers are gone, Geno is gone, Milliner is gone. The only possible scenario is if someone falls in love with Star. Trading back isn't as easy as everyone assumes. First you need a trade partner, and second the value needs to be right
I agree, to an extent. Obviously it's tough to trade down, so essentially that pick boils down to a Austin/Mingo choice in my eyes. And I could see it either way, so I don't think it's worth hosing you on that. The Jets desperately need playmakers, I agree Austin is arguably the best in the draft (Patterson too, who is more of a prototype physically but is super raw - which may not be a bad thing since the Jets are okay at WR in 2012). Austin is far from a typical top 10 WR but has unreal quickness/agility, a special second gear, and fits the wide open style of the league much better now than he would have a few years ago. His size is a major question mark, but I think he's a constant mismatch in a league that's all about creating mismatches right now.

Mingo is more of an upside guy, but has top notch tools to work with and the Jets have an excellent defensive coaching staff. I'd feel pretty good about him coming in and improving as a Jet with the coaching staff and a good defensive line in front of him. I also prefer him standing up than as a pure 4-3 end and think that move will be beneficial for him. On top of that, the Jets have nothing at OLB right now and do have some WR's. I think this is Holmes' last year on the team, but Kerley is I think at least slightly better than you give him credit for and Hill is a nice developmental guy who hopefully ends up being something. I think they look a lot better if/when the Jets can find a real QB to throw them the ball. So Mingo fills a bit of a bigger need (albeit on the stronger side of the ball), isn't quite as proven but provided he can fill out some should be more prototypical. Like I said I think it's kind of a wash so I can't complain about Austin, but I don't think it's an obvious choice either.

Going back a bit to a minor disagreement, I think Kerley is good enough that he shouldn't be dismissed as meh. He was pretty productive last year as only a second year receiver in an abysmal passing game with Mark Sanchez throwing him the ball. And he was the guy defenses were keying in on much of the season with Holmes and Keller out. Not that he's special or going to be Wes Welker or Danny Amendola, but I think as a third/slot WR in a passing oriented offense he'd be a more than viable option. And with that there's a bit of a conflict with Austin since he's a slot guy too. Not major enough to dissuade the Jets from taking him if he's clear BPA, but a factor if it's kind of a coinflip between two guys.

That ended up being more long-winded than I intended, but the pick I'm not as big on is the trade up for Manuel - mainly because it's a trade up. The Jets are just so downright awful at so many positions I just don't think they can afford it. It could be worse because it would be so great for the Jets to hit on a QB, but that just seems like another weak attempt to grab a guy they kind of like and hope it pans out. And they really need all the picks they can get.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Kerley is meh then what does that make the rest of the team? Ridiculous statement as he's our best player on offense (outside of brick and mangold which obviously LT and C won't be getting drafted).

You also need to look at these players respective to their contracts. Hill and Kerley may not be pro bowl receivers but they're going to be on the team for 2-3 years because rookie contracts after round 1 count little to none towards the cap. Holmes also restructured so he's on our team for at least 2013. It just makes no sense to draft a 4th wr when we have NO ONE at many positions, particularly TE, S, and OLB.

Last edited by Robcards : 03-30-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote